Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 03:21 PM

10 posts, read 14,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
How much cocky is enough is up to her.

You will never find out unless you take up football and become an a-hole.
I love football.. but lacrosse got my attention and it is a LOT more fun to play... and more difficult too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2008, 03:49 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,592,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
How much cocky is enough is up to her.

You will never find out unless you take up football and become an a-hole.
In general it's good to be cocky with girls, that's what all of the players do and it's what any good PUA does. You can't argue with results -- those guys know the game and they play it VERY well. The cocky-funny routine does work, and it works better than anything else, at least at getting hot girls, and who cares about whether it works on ugly chicks, that's really not the goal. It takes a cocky attitude to take down a hot girl, but you have to be funny about it too, it can't come across like you're just cocky, it has to have comedic effect, has to be said with a smirk or grin so she knows you're toying with her.

Old 12-07-2008, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
In general it's good to be cocky with girls, that's what all of the players do and it's what any good PUA does. You can't argue with results -- those guys know the game and they play it VERY well. The cocky-funny routine does work, and it works better than anything else, at least at getting hot girls, and who cares about whether it works on ugly chicks, that's really not the goal. It takes a cocky attitude to take down a hot girl, but you have to be funny about it too, it can't come across like you're just cocky, it has to have comedic effect, has to be said with a smirk or grin so she knows you're toying with her.
Yea.. for one night stands, emotionally meaningless.

I can see where your logic is coming from, it makes sense, but it is completely relative to the situation and that situation is one I am not interested in that much.

Old 12-07-2008, 04:25 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,592,567 times
Well it depends what you want, sure. But this "emotionally meaningless" thing I don't get. I don't go around wondering what ways I can be "emotional" today, it's a horrible word and a horrible concept. I don't want a "deep, emotional connection" with a girl. I want great sex and a fun time. I really don't get the whole deal with this emotional connection crap, honestly, sounds like something girls talk about while watching Sex and the City and eating ice cream.

I have no need for some girl to stroke my ego or "comfort me" in times of sorrow or something. No thanks. I've went through all of my life strong enough to handle all of its challenges by myself, with grace, I don't need anyone "there for me," I just want to have fun times with girls and enjoy their company. I don't want a bunch of drama.

Old 12-07-2008, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Well it depends what you want, sure. But this "emotionally meaningless" thing I don't get. I don't go around wondering what ways I can be "emotional" today, it's a horrible word and a horrible concept. I don't want a "deep, emotional connection" with a girl. I want great sex and a fun time. I really don't get the whole deal with this emotional connection crap, honestly, sounds like something girls talk about while watching Sex and the City and eating ice cream.

I have no need for some girl to stroke my ego or "comfort me" in times of sorrow or something. No thanks. I've went through all of my life strong enough to handle all of its challenges by myself, with grace, I don't need anyone "there for me," I just want to have fun times with girls and enjoy their company. I don't want a bunch of drama.
I have a better idea. How about I have great sex, a fun time, AND be emotionally attached? Like someone who I could open up to about anything. Have you ever even had a best friend?

Just because you are emotionally attached to someone doesn't mean you are crying with them and seeking advice all the time, are you stupid? Come on, get real. I have an amazing friend of mine that I talk to EVERYTHING about and not once have I ever felt sorry enough for myself that I NEED someone there, however it helps to know that someone is there that you can talk to.

You are telling me that you have never opened up to someone? You've never felt like without them you wouldn't be who you are today?

To tell you the truth man, I feel bad for you. You must not have many close friends. Yes, your life may be all fun and games and you are able to solo every obstacle that crosses your path, but it sucks to know you're the only one there to witness them.

Old 12-07-2008, 04:52 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,359,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrappuccinoMe! View Post
I have a better idea. How about I have great sex, a fun time, AND be emotionally attached? Like someone who I could open up to about anything. Have you ever even had a best friend?

Just because you are emotionally attached to someone doesn't mean you are crying with them and seeking advice all the time, are you stupid? Come on, get real. I have an amazing friend of mine that I talk to EVERYTHING about and not once have I ever felt sorry enough for myself that I NEED someone there, however it helps to know that someone is there that you can talk to.

You are telling me that you have never opened up to someone? You've never felt like without them you wouldn't be who you are today?

To tell you the truth man, I feel bad for you. You must not have many close friends. Yes, your life may be all fun and games and you are able to solo every obstacle that crosses your path, but it sucks to know you're the only one there to witness them.
Frap - I'm impressed - you are actually more mature and have your headed screwed on straighter than Jonathan - don't pay any attention to what he is telling you

Old 12-09-2008, 10:42 PM

I'm clueless now. I don't think she is very interested in me, maybe I made it sound better than it is. Yea she wants me to walk with her sometimes but usually when she is with a couple of her other guy friends she does the same thing with them. Once in a while I feel that her and I are connected moreso than those guys, like everytime she grabs my arm and says 'Hey come on!' like it is more significant than when she does it with them. But then again there are some times when she will give all her friends a hug in the room except for me. Optimistically, I assume she does it because she is nervous. Once I think that I feel like a cocky idiot and then assume she doesn't really want anything to do with me.

I don't know, I'm clueless... just thinking aloud on a forum, I've talked to my good friend about this, but I'd like to get a woman's perspective or just advice on how I should approach this problem

Old 12-10-2008, 07:38 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,135,688 times
Just go tell her your into her....with confidence. No need to be intimidated, she's human just like you are with the same feelings and insecurities i'm sure....although it might not seem like it sometimes. Just tell her.....the worst that can happen is that she doesn't feel the same way but then you know, you move on.....don't waste your time w/one girl your wayyyyy too young....tell her and if it doesn't work out.....NEXT! lol......

Old 12-10-2008, 08:05 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,749,574 times
Quote:
Jonathan have you been listening to alot of David DeAngelo??

Old 12-10-2008, 08:08 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,698,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
jonathan have you been listening to alot of david deangelo??
lmao!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships