Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 07:33 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,474,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotWire View Post
I am just fed up with the bull****. Here it is a Saturday night, a friend rung me up last night and earlier today about going out tonight. I was like, ok, yea. So we were to meet up around 1130 already and now im at home and havent gotten a single call. I am so upset I could just scream! I hate when people do this.

Last night, someone did it again where we agreed to hangout. I was like ok, I'm on my way in like 10 min. Immediately after I got off the phone he then text me with some excuse and tried to re-schedule. From then on I ignored the next dozen or so texts and calls I got from this person in a 10 minute time frame, he still thought I was on my way! If he was rude enough to switch plans and play games, he didnt deserve to get a response.

This is the 2nd day in the row. What the ****? I dont know if it's because I meet these *******s of the internet or what, but they are seriously ****ed up and shady and dont have any clue of respect for anyone and Im so sick of it.
Take comfort,I had that happen to me all throughout my single days.
Hey try it happening to you at the last minute on New Years Eve!
I just learned to compensate and again which is probably why I've found even less use with people over time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2008, 07:34 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,582,000 times
Those are NOT friends - they're

Maybe you can sit on a park bench and then join "The Friend of the Friendless" gang that you'll march with while they play the music and sing.

Here we go, and a one and a two:

We are friends of the friendless
Yes we are
Yes we are
Be they near
Be they far
We are here for the downtrodden
And we sober up the sodden
Yes we are
Yes we are

Seriously, maybe you can belong to an organization or do something a in a group setting that you like and perhaps you'll find people you can make real friends with that'll have the same interests as you.

Good Luck.

Old 12-07-2008, 09:37 PM

591 posts, read 1,415,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Hey Hotwire,

I can relate and sympathize.

My friend did that to me about 4 weeks ago. We were going to go party out in the gayborhood.
I swear sometimes if i could bottle you up and sell you I'd be rich..lol

Old 12-08-2008, 12:15 AM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
I am just fed up with the bull****. Here it is a Saturday night, a friend rung me up last night and earlier today about going out tonight. I was like, ok, yea. So we were to meet up around 1130 already and now im at home and havent gotten a single call. I am so upset I could just scream! I hate when people do this.

Last night, someone did it again where we agreed to hangout. I was like ok, I'm on my way in like 10 min. Immediately after I got off the phone he then text me with some excuse and tried to re-schedule. From then on I ignored the next dozen or so texts and calls I got from this person in a 10 minute time frame, he still thought I was on my way! If he was rude enough to switch plans and play games, he didnt deserve to get a response.

This is the 2nd day in the row. What the ****? I dont know if it's because I meet these *******s of the internet or what, but they are seriously ****ed up and shady and dont have any clue of respect for anyone and Im so sick of it.

Do you mean that these so-called friends, are people that you have never actually met??? And....you've had exactly, ummm, TWO of these people do this to you? Wow. I guess you should just give up on people altogether, huh?

Old 12-08-2008, 06:26 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Sounds like you need a better class of friends. Because if somebody is that inconsiderate of you, that means you really don't need them around.

Old 12-08-2008, 06:53 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,644,236 times
Did I miss where HotWire said that the friends were met over the internet? I think I must have. Anyway, I have friends that will say "Oh lets go do this or that this weekend" and then I never get a call. I'm usually the planner of the group but I'd like to believe that they can take the reins sometimes but they just can't. If I don't call and remind them then they never call me so every now and then, I just don't make plans, talk or email.
The other issue that kind of ticks me off about friends is when I call them and then they rarely call back.

Old 12-08-2008, 06:57 AM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
Did I miss where HotWire said that the friends were met over the internet?
Reread the post.

Quote:
I dont know if it's because I meet these *******s of the internet or what, but they are seriously ****ed up and shady and dont have any clue of respect for anyone and Im so sick of it.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:02 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,033,708 times
LOL...you know the phone works both ways. maybe you seemed to excited/looking forward to going out so your "friend" thought he/she satisfied you by just saying a few words and there was no more satisfaction needed on your end because you already got it. look, the bottomline is if you want to go out pick up the phone and make it happen!

Old 12-08-2008, 10:35 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Do they even have hip nightclubs there?
Hip nightclubs??? Um, yeah - don't you know that Palm Springs is like a mecca for gay people? Lots and lots of nighclubs. You gotta google Palm Springs and see what it's all about.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:38 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
I'm sorry but what???

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryLuvinWoman1 View Post
I swear sometimes if i could bottle you up and sell you I'd be rich..lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships