Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 06:48 PM

37,487 posts, read 45,753,331 times

Advertisements

I love New York City, I mean I really do, in fact I JUST got back from there. I go every year at this time. But I have never wanted to spend New Year's there...just too too...I don't know....just not for me.

What am I doing? Honestly, no plans. Shoot, the last time I really celebrated New Year's was when I was married, and that was a loooooonng time ago. I thought last year was going to be really special, but my BF at the time, was a New Year's patooty. We went out to dinner, and he was asleep by 11. This year...no idea. I have a new fella, but it's too early for me to assume that we will be spending it together. We've not even discussed it, and he may have other plans already. We'll see. It would be a nice change for me, that's for sure.

Mathguy - your evening sounds divine!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2008, 07:05 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,011,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
I won't be doing anything New Years Eve unless a fun loving "Mr. Right Now" shows up to take me to a party.
Oh, I'm sure craigslist will be full of them should we feel the need.

Old 12-09-2008, 07:20 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,333,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Oh, I'm sure craigslist will be full of them should we feel the need.

I think staying home seems like a better option.

Old 12-09-2008, 07:25 PM

Quote:

I think staying home seems like a better option.
Won't be the first year to welcome with a forum... At least here we're not very judgmental for the most part.

Old 12-09-2008, 07:28 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,333,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Won't be the first year to welcome with a forum... At least here we're not very judgmental for the most part.
So will you be hosting the CD Relationships New Years Party?

I'll bring the wine.

Old 12-09-2008, 07:29 PM

28,896 posts, read 54,019,688 times
Quote:

I'll bring the wine.
Wine? Heck, I'm thinking that maybe Lithium should be served here.

Old 12-09-2008, 07:31 PM

Quote:

I'll bring the wine.
Possibly... unless I go somewhere to be bored by strangers, but it's doubtful.

Old 12-09-2008, 08:31 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,370,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I love New York City, I mean I really do, in fact I JUST got back from there. I go every year at this time. But I have never wanted to spend New Year's there...just too too...I don't know....just not for me.
Being from the area, I'm with ya'! I have no desire to be there with that crowd.

Old 12-09-2008, 08:45 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,945,743 times
In my younger adult years, I almost always had to work new years eve & therefore remembered the few ones here & there that were lots of fun.
(snowmobiling in new hampshire & ending up in front of a bonfire...)
Then thru most of my thirties I spent the evening working in the family restaurant business & falling into bed barely kicking the shoes off first.

So when the first new years eve in my forties hit, I had made up my mind that, dammit!, we were gonna party & get dressed up & do it right! As the day grew into night, I dragged my sorry tired butt upstairs & forced myself to get ready. I was so not into it at this point, but I'd made such a ta-doo with my reluctant husband ("the hubby"! ), that I wasn't about to cancel.

So I hobbled back down the stairs in my too-high heels; my hair plastered with "freeze & shine", and waltzed into the family room....& the aforementioned hubby was snoring like a walrus after feeding time. And he just looked so darn cozy...so I joined him.

This year, just a nice dinner at home with friends & then check out First Night Saratoga. That is if we don't get too comfortable....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships