Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2008, 08:53 PM

525 posts, read 948,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riv View Post
Two things women never admit is that they 1- go for superficial "qualities" (looks or height or "macho" or "rugged" appearance etc) in choosing a mate and 2- women love to have an abusive or nasty mate

But look at the record..........How many women do you hear about, know about, read about who suffer from neglectful, cheating, abusive, nasty, violent, criminal, substance abusing etc husbands while us true Mr.nice guys get USED as boyFRIENDS for free meals or even worse for sounding boards for women to complain about and even ask for advice about their abusive (wish they were) boyfriends?

What is it? 90%, 95%, 100% of all married men or men successful with women are no good undeserving abusers?

I'm sick of it!

Is it time for me to become a slob so that I too can get a woman romantically interested in me as a man?

What do you think. Let's get some feedback in here.

Now I can't become violent and I can't become a drug user or drinker and I won't cheat or quit my job or become a criminal.

But what I can do is become a cynical (or more of a cynical) stubborn and opinionated patriarch instead of the easy going, even tempered nice guy that I am...................................but is it worth ruining the beauty, the equality, the LONG AWAITED sharing of love, contentment, peace.........once my nastiness finds me the wife which my niceness is denying me?

Riv, I will be at least one person in here that says you are totally justified with how you feel.

There those in here who blamed your 'attitude' . It's blatantly obvious you are all those things that girls 'say' they want.

two words, Fifty Eight

I'm younger than you by over 15 years and I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. Lots of candy coating going on here huh.. The discrimination against age is hand in hand with the good points you made earlier in this thread about women being trained by media to behave all wrong.

I really appreciate your words, your in a league much more evolved than a lot of folks here.

Your helping me realize that the truth is something no one wants to look at at all costs. Fifty eight is something that I would say EVERY girl under forty would say no to. If they do, you and I both know why. $$ (yes girls might interject there SAYING they'd date a 58 yr old for who he was)

If you really want a wife, and you're not rich in her eyes, then she'll probably be over 40. She will have had to have a lot of experience. You need a wise woman who make you feel alive.

I think you are right about breaking the nice guy shell. You'll feel sooo much better. The rejections won't hurt so much. Being a jerk is not what I mean.

HOW to find her.... the over 40 serious singles internet service? I don't know.. best of luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2008, 10:58 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanACM View Post
Riv, I will be at least one person in here that says you are totally justified with how you feel.

There those in here who blamed your 'attitude' . It's blatantly obvious you are all those things that girls 'say' they want.

two words, Fifty Eight

I'm younger than you by over 15 years and I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. Lots of candy coating going on here huh.. The discrimination against age is hand in hand with the good points you made earlier in this thread about women being trained by media to behave all wrong.

I really appreciate your words, your in a league much more evolved than a lot of folks here.

Your helping me realize that the truth is something no one wants to look at at all costs. Fifty eight is something that I would say EVERY girl under forty would say no to. If they do, you and I both know why. $$ (yes girls might interject there SAYING they'd date a 58 yr old for who he was)

If you really want a wife, and you're not rich in her eyes, then she'll probably be over 40. She will have had to have a lot of experience. You need a wise woman who make you feel alive.

I think you are right about breaking the nice guy shell. You'll feel sooo much better. The rejections won't hurt so much. Being a jerk is not what I mean.

HOW to find her.... the over 40 serious singles internet service? I don't know.. best of luck

You said..."Fifty eight is something that I would say EVERY girl under forty would say no to."

Well, not EVERY girl would, but there is good reason for many of them to do so.

What do regular 30 something women and almost 60 year old men have in common to talk about??? He's dealing with a swollen prostate and she might hope to be getting married and having babies - THEY ARE TOO FAR APART PHYSICALLY in their natural lifespan for this to be a practical thing for either person to want to take on. (And yes I know there are plenty of successful May-December marriages - but they are not the norm, and for good reason).

A 58-year old man should look for a woman closer to his age and generation. He'll find a more mature attitude, a more settled person already financially established - someone who appreciates where he is in his life.

Here's a little info I guess nobody has let you in on yet - woman over 40 are where it's at. We love sex, and often - the reason being most of us can't, and wouldn't want to get, pregnant any longer. (It's just amazing how that frees up a woman to REALLY enjoy sex.)

We also don't play the games younger women do because we don't have to. We know what we want and are most times capable of getting it for ourselves. We have learned things our 20 and 30 something sisters only wish they understood so that their lives could be has enjoyable as ours. We have long-term friendships and hobbies which make us very interesting and well-rounded people. By 50 we are just hitting our stride. A 58-year-old man who passes on one of us because we may not have the pert parts younger women do miss out on more than they know

Old 12-15-2008, 01:08 AM

525 posts, read 948,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You said..."Fifty eight is something that I would say EVERY girl under forty would say no to."

Well, not EVERY girl would, but there is good reason for many of them to do so. [Duh....]

What do regular 30 something women and almost 60 year old men have in common to talk about??? He's dealing with a swollen prostate and she might hope to be getting married and having babies - THEY ARE TOO FAR APART PHYSICALLY in their natural lifespan for this to be a practical thing for either person to want to take on. (And yes I know there are plenty of successful May-December marriages - but they are not the norm, and for good reason).

A 58-year old man should look for a woman closer to his age and generation. He'll find a more mature attitude, a more settled person already financially established - someone who appreciates where he is in his life.

Here's a little info I guess nobody has let you in on yet - woman over 40 are where it's at. We love sex, and often - the reason being most of us can't, and wouldn't want to get, pregnant any longer. (It's just amazing how that frees up a woman to REALLY enjoy sex.)

We also don't play the games younger women do because we don't have to. We know what we want and are most times capable of getting it for ourselves. We have learned things our 20 and 30 something sisters only wish they understood so that their lives could be has enjoyable as ours. We have long-term friendships and hobbies which make us very interesting and well-rounded people. By 50 we are just hitting our stride. A 58-year-old man who passes on one of us because we may not have the pert parts younger women do miss out on more than they know

Uhhh I think you need to re-read the post so you can realize that you are basically saying the same thing I am ... and I think it's good advice

see there Riv? there ya go!

Old 12-15-2008, 01:09 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
dont do it. she might like it but you won't.

Old 12-15-2008, 06:16 AM

13 posts, read 27,901 times
This was a great post if you think about it. How many of us have history with love and relationships! Its amazing how many stories are the similar. We all have the bad ones to get to the good one. Its all about the experience I suppose.

There are so few of us that meet the so called "right one" first! If that happened could we really meet so many different people and really find out what the right fit is. Imagine if life was about an arrangement and you were destined for that individual whether you liked them or not.

Look at what the internet has done for relationships, made some great ones but also destroyed some marriages....all the ways you can meet someone nowadays. Believe me, I want the nice guy and have an equal relationship, but so many people these days are dishonest.

I have so many friends that keep dating over and over again. They get hurt really bad but then go put themselves back out there again and try again until the its the right fit. Like a gigantic puzzle piece. Its all about fate and destiny and some parts you can control and other's you cannot.

Old 12-15-2008, 06:26 AM

3,975 posts, read 7,693,361 times
I spoke for myself when I said I don't want an abusive man.
your point being ridiculous is shared by more than myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riv View Post
Yes, you speak for yourself.

How can my claim be ridiculous if you can only speak for yourself?

Let's go to the record and see: How many women marry abusers? How many women marry good men or nice guys?

Old 12-15-2008, 06:30 AM

3,975 posts, read 7,693,361 times
good post! the negative attitudes of some here is really sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
I disagree. It is that pessimism right there that holds people back from reaching out and attaining it. Too many people envelope themselves in so much negativity and expect for others to not pick up on it. If you can think it, you can bring it.

Old 12-15-2008, 06:41 AM

13 posts, read 27,901 times
I agree...why all the negativity. Not sure why so many people feel the need to beat up on people's posts....It is true what they say opinions are like ....... everyone has one.

Nice Post JeepGirl118 & sportsfangal, why would anyone ever want to venture out with all the negativity that they are just getting from a blog.

Old 12-15-2008, 01:24 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,047,463 times
If you lost a girlfriend or got put in the friend zone, it wasn't because you were nice, it was because nice is not enough. You were missing something.

And if you see a girl dating an A-hole, it's not because he's an A-hole, it's because he offers her something else that you probably don't see.

Old 12-15-2008, 01:28 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
He might be offering financial support and gifts galore and good sex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefetio View Post
If you lost a girlfriend or got put in the friend zone, it wasn't because you were nice, it was because nice is not enough. You were missing something.

And if you see a girl dating an A-hole, it's not because he's an A-hole, it's because he offers her something else that you probably don't see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships