Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 01:06 PM

1,582 posts, read 3,108,480 times

Advertisements

I can't say that I am bitter towards men. I tend to be pretty forgiving, sometimes too much so for my own good...I am just learning (after too many years) to watch more to see if their actions are consistent with their words. I don't think that makes me bitter - just cautious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2008, 02:08 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,571,509 times
I have a head-scarf that says "boys are stupid, throw rocks at them!" I can't seem to find it right now.

No, seriously. It's pink and it has a kid-drawing of a boy with 5 rocks aiming at him.

I haven't come up with a hit list yet....

Old 12-15-2008, 02:53 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times
Both men and women can be good and bad. It's not gender specific. I have met some men that were idiots and some women that were bitc**s. So what. I have also met some truly wonderful people. Just don't let the bad ones contaminate your life. Live and learn from your experiences.

Old 12-15-2008, 03:04 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,218,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I have to say, all my experiences with men have been pretty positive. None of them left me with any bitterness towards men in general.
I think I have been lucky so far in this respect too. I actually like almost all of my exes - or at least have no negative feelings towards them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Funny...I was thinkin' there was an awful lot of woman-bashing around here.
Guess we need all need our space!
Agree with this - that 'which country has the ugliest women' thread was a humdinger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathagos View Post
Lots of man-bashing going on recently in posts. Doesn't surprise me, really, I'm used to it in this forum, but with this time of year, seems that some are more spiteful than I'd expect.

Anyone have any "positive" experiences with men (other than you positively want to kill us all? lol)... or should I just tuck my tail between my legs and stay out of y'all's way?
I think it is thoroughly balanced out by the woman bashing. Maybe your thread should be encouraging less bashing of EITHER gender??

Oops; forgot to put my positive experiences!! Really too many to mention. My husband can be infuriating, but can also be kind, caring and charming and I love him to pieces.
A random stranger just gave us his 'pay and display' parking ticket in Philadelphia because he had an hour left on it which was a nice random act of kindness.

Plus my Dad just called me from England for a nice, long chat.

I really like lots of men! There are some funny specimins here and there (especially here lol), but no more so than there are odd women.

Old 12-15-2008, 04:20 PM

607 posts, read 1,333,758 times
I hate man-bashing! The chain emails cutting guys down drive me nuts. Are the women who send them so ignorant of the good guys they have? (Most of them, anyway) I've had mostly good experiences in my relationships, and am still friends with all of my exes. In fact, I hired two of them after we had broken up. Most guys are good if they get half a chance.

Old 12-15-2008, 04:29 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
LOL, that's probably wiser, Rath!
I second the motion!

Old 12-15-2008, 04:32 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,764,742 times
I love the men bashing. I sometimes print out posts and give them to my daughters. "Men are swine. Stay away from them"

Besides, depsite being one, some of the men bashing is well taken. (Some of it is absurd, but I give it to my daughters anyway - stay away form those horrid creatures).

Old 12-15-2008, 04:34 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,120,196 times
I like men. Some I like more than is really healthy like Johnny Depp.
My ex is a horses behind, but that's just him and not because he's a male. Some buy into generalizations that are merely characteristics of a few and then place a gender label on it. Kind of like women don't like sex or all blondes with boobs are bimbos.

Old 12-15-2008, 07:01 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
Johnny Depp is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
I like men. Some I like more than is really healthy like Johnny Depp.
My ex is a horses behind, but that's just him and not because he's a male. Some buy into generalizations that are merely characteristics of a few and then place a gender label on it. Kind of like women don't like sex or all blondes with boobs are bimbos.

Old 12-15-2008, 07:50 PM

2,464 posts, read 6,466,631 times
Let me just say that I am a big fan of men. My lesbian SIL asked "how can you love men?" and my answer was "how can you not?" I have dated men of all kinds... chubby, bald, hot, "ugly", ambitious, lazy, athletic, smart, slow, rich, poor, educated, funny, serious, white, black, mexican, WASP... they all have something to offer. Even though I'm married (to my favorite man) I still have a high regard for men. There so many things to love about men I can't even count... seriously... I can't even count that high.

I love men, can you tell?

How's that for a positive post about men?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships