U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 08:12 PM

42,844 posts, read 54,175,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degenerate View Post
NEVER! Nothing will ever take the place of a man shovelling snow or starting our car for us on a cold morning
Damn, I don't wanna move in order to find reasons!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2008, 08:57 PM

462 posts, read 632,893 times
I love men. I have learned something from every relationship good or bad. I take responsibility where I failed in the relationships. I am friends with both my ex husbands. Just because it turns out you are not right for each other or you outgrow the other, doesnt mean you have to hate each other & hold grudges. If a man doesnt want to be with me, then he needs to move on & find someone that makes him happy. Even if my heart gets broken, I am not vengeful or wish bad things on them. I believe that everything happens for a reason. People come in & out of our lives for a reason. I love the male species! Especially the one I am with now!

Old 12-24-2008, 08:45 AM

20,204 posts, read 16,651,907 times
Comments like that make it sound like one is 'keeping tabs' with men, whether it was meant to sound like that or not. Ive heard that said too about women.

Old 12-24-2008, 09:11 AM

283 posts, read 462,026 times
but its not polite to brag about your happiness, and its corny to go on about how much you adore your boyfriend and men in general so i'll keep it quiet! sometimes it feels like happiness is so rare and fleeting that if we talk about it, it would somehow escape or be spoiled.

Old 12-24-2008, 09:12 AM

30,376 posts, read 18,688,189 times
I have never had a *bad* relationship with a woman. Probably due to getting lucky and making a good choice back when I was a young pup.

Women are great!

Old 12-24-2008, 09:56 AM
miu

13,011 posts, read 22,156,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Degenerate View Post
NEVER! Nothing will ever take the place of a man shovelling snow or starting our car for us on a cold morning

Seriously, dude. There is nothing that can replace the feel of a hard, muscular body. And don't forget about generating 80,000 BTUs in bed and keeping me warm
My boyfriend hates to shovel snow or rake the leaves. But if a power tool is involved, he's there. So with the snowblower broken (I don't care) and him away in NC, I shoveled all last weekend.

He is toasty in bed, but so are my dogs!

I don't think that it's mean to say that "men are a dime a dozen", because basically what it ultimately means is that there are a LOT of single people out there, both male and female. So if you aren't getting along with the person you are with, then just go out and find someone more compatible. If it's not meant to be, then why struggle at making it work out? Why compromise?

Plus no one is perfect, and only by dating other people can any of us know what is reasonable to expect or compromise on. It must be tough for anyone that married their high school sweetheart and then to hit a rough relationship patch. But for me, after a couple of LTR's, I don't let relationship bumps bother me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships