Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 03:54 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,046,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
I'm one of those who watches tv from the bed 'til I fall asleep. When I turn it off, her snoring keeps me awake, so then I turn it on again.

She doesn't mind as long as it doesn't get too loud... and it doesn't... as long as her snoring doesn't get too loud.
Snoring, don't get me started on that one either. Some nights, I'm up all night telling him to be quite. He says he has to fall asleep with the TV on or he can;t go to sleep. He has sleeping problems too. I wonder why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2008, 04:08 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,696,911 times
OHHH my ex was like that - he HAD TO FALL ASLEEP TO THE TV - he'd put it on the timer function. Which I never knew TVs had til we were together

The nextguy (my now husband) I told him - the tv gets shut OFF to go to bed. He usually turns over before I ever click it off - so I just turn it off when I'm done - It's been wonderful

Sorry my ex was into himself and this was never resolved

Old 12-16-2008, 04:33 PM

17,633 posts, read 22,626,536 times
Well...have separate bedrooms, visit together fer two hours a nite.................seven nites a week........................................ .................hohohoho

Old 12-16-2008, 04:53 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,783,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
When it comes time for bed, my DH likes to have the TV on to go to sleep. On the other hand, it interupts my sleep by not being able to sleep or wakes me up. We have a TV in the living room and I feel he should watch it there until he's ready to go to bed. There are times he has the TV on till 2 AM. The next day I wake up tired b/c I didn't sleep well. UGHH!
The TV is highly disruptive to the brain waves, especially while unconscious or sleeping. Can you talk to him calmly and rationally and tell him how much it is affecting you?

Old 12-17-2008, 08:04 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,639,656 times
You know, having a TV in the bedroom kills your sex life LOL We have one in ours but we never watch television in bed. My SO used to do that all the time too and then I was like look, I can't sleep with that on so you have to either go downstairs if you are not tired or turn it off. That said, we no longer watch television in bed.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:10 AM

3,975 posts, read 7,690,509 times
I told my then bf that I don't want a tv in the bedroom. and he was ok with that. there were times were we both felt like watching tv in bed, so we would pull it around the corner (in my apt it would reach) and watch tv, but only when we felt like it and it wasn't done often.
or we would sometimes use the pullout couch in the living room and sleep out there. just for a fun change.
but if the OP's hub won't take her feelings and sleep needs into consideration, he's got other problems to deal with.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:43 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,478,817 times
Tell him he cant "have any" until it stops.

Old 12-17-2008, 11:00 AM

3,530 posts, read 9,717,818 times
That's pretty lame. Maybe time for a talk.

Quote:
He keeps the sound really low, but it still bothers me. He told me to go in the other room if it's bothering me.

Old 12-17-2008, 11:05 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Snoring, don't get me started on that one either. Some nights, I'm up all night telling him to be quite. He says he has to fall asleep with the TV on or he can;t go to sleep. He has sleeping problems too. I wonder why?
I bet it's job stress. People sometimes need the tv on to take their minds off work problems, bill problems or other things that would have them tossing and turning all night long.

Old 12-17-2008, 11:07 AM

3,975 posts, read 7,690,509 times
well, it's just the fact that he's not listening to her when she says it interferes with her sleep, or that she's losing sleep over it. It's kind of a bigger issue than just watching tv in bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I bet it's job stress. People sometimes need the tv on to take their minds off work problems, bill problems or other things that would have them tossing and turning all night long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships