Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 08:10 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times

Advertisements

So, my SO and I frequent this little Waffle House. 2 in the morning, 12 in the day, 9 at night, whatever.

He is the kind of person who likes to evaluate people. I am as well.

So, the evaluation began tonight. A young lady who is pretty new to that establishment that we had met only once before. Tonight she is our waitress.

The evaluation begins. I am normally in on the eval. His eyes are pretty, his smile will draw you in. He questions her.

She is 16. She begins to flirt with him. I am sitting right there, and his twin sons are sitting across from us.

She laughs with him and smiles at him. Keeps coming back to him. She sits in the next booth up and starts cleaning up the mess. She then begins to start complaining about the people who where there before.

The boys are thirteen, again, she is 16. She starts cussing about them. She playfully throws a jelly package at D, my bf. I am steaming.

This girl steadily flirted with him. It was unbelievable. I got up and left the table and went and got some more coffee and sat beside a man who looks just like Santa. He introduces himself as Santa Ken to me and shows me the pictures of his Christmas lights. One of the twins comes over and talks to me. Says it is wrong.

The convo back and forth. This will sound crazy. I am used to his eyes looking devastatingly handsome at everyone. Not just women, but men. Everyone he encounters.

It is her responses and actions.

I imagine if I were irrational I would have had her laid out on the floor. It is how I felt. I was angry with him, and let him know.

I am burning up mad at hr behavior.

Should I be? I am.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2008, 08:14 PM

5,289 posts, read 1,232,660 times
Being friendly and a good waitress is one thing, but flirting with a guy when his children and SO are there is just not right IMO, so yeah you have a right to be frustrated.

Old 12-16-2008, 08:17 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
Towards the end, she came up to him and looked into his eys and put her hand on his shoulder. I almost came out of my seat.

I am afraid I am overreacting, and this is a little 16 yo who just doesn't get it or something....

Old 12-16-2008, 08:18 PM

2,412 posts, read 7,175,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I am burning up mad at hr behavior. Should I be?
The person you should be mad at is your S.O., not her. You'll likely never see her again. The real issue is why your S.O. was so inconsiderate of YOU to flirt like he did with the waitress. He's the one to whom you should direct your anger...and questions about why he did such a thing.

Old 12-16-2008, 08:22 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by professorsenator View Post
The person you should be mad at is your S.O., not her. You'll likely never see her again. The real issue is why your S.O. was so inconsiderate of YOU to flirt like he did with the waitress. He's the one to whom you should direct your anger...and questions about why he did such a thing.
AGREED. She is a teenager - he is an adult. He needed to nip that behavior right in the bud and he didn't. Your gut tells you this Pik and that's why you are angry.

Old 12-16-2008, 08:24 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
I've waitressed and that waitress overstepped the line with her flirting. But she is only 16 and doesn't know any better. But your guy should have put a stop to it and told her that you were his girlfriend and her actions were both unprofessional and disrespecting you. I think that it's your guy that you should be mad at. What kind of tip did he leave her? If it was a generous one (which would be rewarding her outrageously bad waitressing attitude), I'd be doubly mad at him. Both of them were disrespecting you, and he has no reason or good excuse for his poor manners to you.

Your guy is handsome and he's used to getting compliments and being flirted with. But he shouldn't just be some passive sponge soaking up the attention, not when you are next to him. He should be politely disengaging with the flirtations since he is "taken" and when he is in your company, pointing out his unavailability to these women and that you and he are an item.

Old 12-16-2008, 08:25 PM

119 posts, read 451,828 times
I know im gonna sound like an A Hole here but I have to say this. Please use a Dictionary... There were things I could not understand

Quote:
So, my SO and I ......
Your what?

Quote:
She playfully throws a jelly package at D, my bf. I am steaming.
She throws at jelly package at D? The letter D?

Quote:
One of the twins comes over and talks to me. Says it is wrong.
Says *what* is wrong?

NOW.. back to your question... She is only a waitres.... A waitress who works mostly on tips. Waitresses will tend to look and be extra sweet and sexy for more tips from guys. She is 16. Do you honestly think he will be going after a 16 year old girl who works at "The Establishment" when he has you? You ladies are too self conscious when it comes to things like that. As far as the kids are concerned, I dont think she would do anything inappropriate in front of the kids.

Old 12-16-2008, 08:26 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,120,196 times
You shouldn't be mad at her. She's 16. He was way out of line to not only flirt with a teenager, but to do it in front of you and his children.

Old 12-16-2008, 08:29 PM

529 posts, read 1,300,637 times
What are you doing at waffle house anyway? That **** is super unhealthy

Old 12-16-2008, 08:33 PM

119 posts, read 451,828 times
^^ LoL!! ^^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships