Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 12:39 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,110,658 times

Advertisements

Everyone has a different definition of good. Mine having a connection and being totally comfortable with your sex partner. For others, if they aren't having screaming orgasms, the sex sucks. Are orgasms worth losing a relationship that is good/great in every other way? I don't think so.

If everything else is great in the relationship, I'm not about to let sex dictate whether the relationship continues. Eventually, sex becomes a physical impossibility and then what do you have?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2008, 12:40 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
It's not only about trying, younglisa. Some things (techniques) can be taught; some things (passion) cannot.
Oh yeah passion is great and I would miss it. But if someone is willing to try to please you, they can still turn you on and maybe the passion or lust will be there.

I'm thankful I don't have to worry about that.

Old 12-17-2008, 12:43 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,082,598 times
Religious people will, of course, point out if you only have one partner, you won't know.

Of course I had to go and eat that apple, cherry, peach, cumquat, strawberry, loganberry, rasberry, pear, grape, passionfruit and so on. So yeah, bad sex is a deal breaker for me.

Old 12-17-2008, 12:44 PM

3,975 posts, read 7,690,509 times
right, I know. I meant that if the SO wasn't willing to even try and improve the sex, then it's a waste of time to stay in an unfufilling relationship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveTodayLez08 View Post
This is just a general question for everyone on the forums.
I'm not having ANY problems with sex sucking. lol.

Old 12-17-2008, 12:48 PM

3,975 posts, read 7,690,509 times
right, it does become impossible eventually I suppose, but why have a lifetime of bad sex?
not having screaming orgasms aren't worth losing a partner, but a partner who isn't willing to work on the relationship or value the other's needs, that's when you may have to re-evaluate if it's worth it.
Having terrific sex with a partner who treats you badly, isn't worth it either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Everyone has a different definition of good. Mine having a connection and being totally comfortable with your sex partner. For others, if they aren't having screaming orgasms, the sex sucks. Are orgasms worth losing a relationship that is good/great in every other way? I don't think so.

If everything else is great in the relationship, I'm not about to let sex dictate whether the relationship continues. Eventually, sex becomes a physical impossibility and then what do you have?

Old 12-17-2008, 12:53 PM

2,732 posts, read 6,764,871 times
The person would have to really suck(so to speak)for sex to be horrible.
Would i bail?Depends on if we are talking short-term relationship,marriage...
And people can do certain things to make up for other things..lol

Old 12-17-2008, 12:58 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
so, to delve a little deeper...what constitutes "sucky" sex??

Well, I think if he did "delve a little deeper" the second part of your question wouldn't be asked.

Old 12-17-2008, 01:03 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
Anybody see the episode of "King of queens" when his wife got a pole put in their bedroom cause he liked pole dancers. Then when his wife tried to perform the pole dancing he was like, "Stop."

I think this is the same thing. You either got it or don't.

Dead fish sex where they just lay there. That's the worse!

Old 12-17-2008, 01:05 PM

838 posts, read 3,096,109 times
kick him or her to the curb. aint no relationship without good sex. for me, thats a deal breaker:P

Old 12-17-2008, 01:07 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Anybody see the episode of "King of queens" when his wife got a pole put in their bedroom cause he liked pole dancers. Then when his wife tried to perform the pole dancing he was like, "Stop."

I think this is the same thing. You either got it or don't.

Dead fish sex where they just lay there. That's the worse!
Oh. Poles are so much fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships