U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 01:19 PM

5,266 posts, read 4,476,999 times

Advertisements

Anyone else have a spouse who snores all the time LOL!!?
What do you do? I absolutely love him but this is awful. lol
Any thing that would help???? It's so loud I have to use ear plugs...

Do your husbands/wives move to the next room if they awaken you from the snoring???

At times my hub will usually go in another room to sleep!!!

What to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2008, 01:23 PM

6,995 posts, read 13,092,023 times
The wife says that I snore but I haven't heard me yet.

Old 12-17-2008, 01:24 PM

lol! Yea, I get the "I don't snore!" lmao. Hmm.....carry on!

Old 12-17-2008, 01:25 PM

9,000 posts, read 8,986,089 times
My dad snores very loudly.
When we used to live in a two story home, we could be downstairs with the tv on and he could be upstairs in the bedroom sleep [with the door closed]...and it was just as if you were in the room with him.

My step mom has managed to just deal with his snoring over the years but a lot of times she ends up going to sleep before him.
We've been telling my dad for years to get some kind of surgery done or something but he refuses.
All of my aunts, uncles, and a few of my cousins know how bad my dad snores.

I would suggest sleeping in separate rooms for now and maybe you can look into some sort of medical remedy.
I hope for the best, I know how annoying that can be.
I had the misfortune of waking up one night and my dad and I were sleeping in my aunt's living room, I couldn't go back to sleep because of my dad's snoring and I couldn't wake him up so I could at least attempt to go back to sleep. I was quite crabby and emotional the next day from the lack of sleep.

Old 12-17-2008, 01:26 PM

9,758 posts, read 13,868,520 times
I have a friend whose man snored bad - apparently suffered from sleep apnea, and they noticed that when he used his mask to sleep, he snored less. Seems a lot more humane than sewing tennis balls into the back of his pj's (another solution I have read). A friend of mine has a custom-fitted mouth thingy that she clamps onto in her mouth that stops snoring.

Have your hubby talk to his doctor - you don't have to suffer such torture!

Old 12-17-2008, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveTodayLez08 View Post
My dad snores very loudly.
When we used to live in a two story home, we could be downstairs with the tv on and he could be upstairs in the bedroom sleep [with the door closed]...and it was just as if you were in the room with him.

My step mom has managed to just deal with his snoring over the years but a lot of times she ends up going to sleep before him.
We've been telling my dad for years to get some kind of surgery done or something but he refuses.
All of my aunts, uncles, and a few of my cousins know how bad my dad snores.

I would suggest sleeping in separate rooms for now and maybe you can look into some sort of medical remedy.
I hope for the best, I know how annoying that can be.
I had the misfortune of waking up one night and my dad and I were sleeping in my aunt's living room, I couldn't go back to sleep because of my dad's snoring and I couldn't wake him up so I could at least attempt to go back to sleep. I was quite crabby and emotional the next day from the lack of sleep.
it is awful. Sometimes I don't get any more than 2-3 hrs. sleep! but he usually will go sleep in another room.....
Thank you!! I will look into sleep apnea/docs so he can look into it.....and a remedy!

Old 12-17-2008, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I have a friend whose man snored bad - apparently suffered from sleep apnea, and they noticed that when he used his mask to sleep, he snored less. Seems a lot more humane than sewing tennis balls into the back of his pj's (another solution I have read). A friend of mine has a custom-fitted mouth thingy that she clamps onto in her mouth that stops snoring.

Have your hubby talk to his doctor - you don't have to suffer such torture!

tennis balls?? I have heard it all!! LOL... I tell him to lie on his left side..Supposedly that helps.....from what I had read, but it would only last for a few minutes lol.

Thank you!! I appreciate your reply.

Old 12-17-2008, 01:34 PM

6,995 posts, read 13,092,023 times
On a serious note, when I snore the wife punches me in the rib cage. She says that quiets me down inmediately.

Old 12-17-2008, 01:36 PM

2,412 posts, read 3,081,034 times
Learn to totally wear the other one out, allow them to fall asleep first, then they sleep soundly the rest of the night. This is what I do.

Old 12-17-2008, 01:47 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,729,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I have a friend whose man snored bad - apparently suffered from sleep apnea, and they noticed that when he used his mask to sleep, he snored less. Have your hubby talk to his doctor - you don't have to suffer such torture!
This is very important and potentially serious. DontH8Me is on to something here, I'd set up a sleep study as soon as possible. Sleep apnea (also called the fat-man's snoring disease) is so misnamed. There have been professional atheletes diagonosed with it.

What sleep apnea is is when someone stops breathing while they sleep. Although excess weight can exacerbate the situation, the muscles of the neck/throat relax too much and actually cut off the air way. When it's slight obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), the result is snoring. In the moderate OSA and even severe, snoring can become more pronounced.

The "mask" discussed in the quoted area above is normally for a system called a "C-PAP". That is a machine that simply forces air down the windpipe. I work with an individual who has it, and he said that he not only sleeps better, but actually remembers that he started dreaming again too. And, if the air flow is properly adjusted, there is no snoring at all, and he says that the machine is so quiet, it's barely noticeable (he jokes that it's a LOT less noisy than his snoring).

Since OSA is the obstruction or complete stopping of breathing (for periods at a time, of course), it's a very dangerous and possibly fatal condition. Y'all really should do some online research, talk to a doctor, and seriously contemplate a sleep study.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships