U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 10:31 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,005,257 times
That was stupid and argumentitive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2008, 10:44 AM

8,424 posts, read 23,879,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Yesterday I was flipping through a Cosmo Magazine from the summer. I haven't read one of those magazines in at least 15 years. Anyway there was a story on "How To Snoop On Your Man". I was appalled that there was a 4 page article with tips on this.

I would never snoop on my SO. That's what trust is for in a relationship. I can understand it if you think your so is cheating but that's not what this article was about.

It was basically telling young women that it's ok to check his cell phone bill, wallet, camera memory stick, hamper, closet, freezer, mail, car, drawers, etc, etc. Call me old fashioned but I thought this was horrible.

Thoughts?
LOL

I don't know if I would call it horrible. If your wee-wee is going inside a body, I think its grounds to look at everything you have.

I go through all those things anyway just cleaning and organizing.

Maybe we are strange but we share emails and everything..I don't know..I like it that way. Only men that have something to hide hate snoops.

Old 12-20-2008, 11:17 AM

6,981 posts, read 11,895,615 times
I have to agree with most of the female posters on this one. Once you start suspecting, it's probably too late. Don't know what the solution would be other than finding a man who can trust himself enough not to cheat?

Old 12-20-2008, 11:20 AM

5,269 posts, read 6,395,829 times
Quote:
Yesterday I was flipping through a Cosmo Magazine from the summer. I haven't read one of those magazines in at least 15 years. Anyway there was a story on "How To Snoop On Your Man". I was appalled that there was a 4 page article with tips on this.

I would never snoop on my SO. That's what trust is for in a relationship. I can understand it if you think your so is cheating but that's not what this article was about.

It was basically telling young women that it's ok to check his cell phone bill, wallet, camera memory stick, hamper, closet, freezer, mail, car, drawers, etc, etc. Call me old fashioned but I thought this was horrible.

Thoughts?
There was once, a few years ago, an article in either Cosmo or Glamour which detailed some extreme snooping, including taking a CLASS on high tech spy stuff. I wrote into the magazine basically saying "If it's gotten to the point where you're paying a lot of money for classes and technology to snoop on your SO, isn't that a pretty good sign that the relationship is already beyond repair and you might as well just leave?" They didn't print my comments in the "your letters" section and I haven't really read those kind of magazines since.

Old 12-20-2008, 11:37 AM

15,211 posts, read 24,908,946 times
Quote:

Thoughts?
Yes. My thoughts are that if you have to go out of your way to snoop on somebody you are in a relationship with, then it's not a relationship worth having.

Old 12-20-2008, 11:39 AM

403 posts, read 1,010,931 times
Once you hit the snooping point, something has to give.

I disagree with cosmo being for tramps and troublemakers though.

Old 12-20-2008, 12:05 PM

3,721 posts, read 1,248,727 times
It's something I would do once in a while or if I had good reason. I don't want to be the last to know or be made a fool of. Too many women are either too trusting or would rather not go there...you know "what the eyes don't see the heart don't know" way of thinking. Which is all good, but I like to be on top of things...pardon the pun.

Old 12-20-2008, 01:06 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,511 posts, read 11,710,136 times
Talk about setting your relationship up for failure.

Old 12-20-2008, 02:15 PM

2,144 posts, read 2,518,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
It's something I would do once in a while or if I had good reason. I don't want to be the last to know or be made a fool of. Too many women are either too trusting or would rather not go there...you know "what the eyes don't see the heart don't know" way of thinking. Which is all good, but I like to be on top of things...pardon the pun.
I agree.

I trusted my ex-fiance completely. I never had a reason to snoop and never did. However, if I had snooped, I may not have saved the relationship but I would have saved the $7,000 I spent on a wedding that never took place He was apparantly having doubts about us, and looking elsewhere for a few months before breaking up, all the while I was spending money on wedding stuff.

Old 12-20-2008, 02:33 PM

5,289 posts, read 828,312 times
Yeah I wonder if I would have known to end the relationship sooner if I had snooped, but I just can't bring myself to do it. When I've let a guy get to the level of SO, it is because I've decided to trust him and snooping is a sign of a lack of trust. But, like Tropical said, it would have saved a lot of $$$ I'd already shelled out on a wedding that is no more. But, I just can't bring myself to snoop it feels weird and invasive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships