Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 07:35 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,651,290 times

Advertisements

I would wait until they asked. I can remember my first son when he asked, he's 38 now. He asked about Santa, he was about five, and after I explained he quietly said, "what about the Easter bunny....and the tooth fairy...
But with the grandkids we have all decided to tell them that Santa brings them one gift, we leave out the cookies and milk for them. And of course they write a letter. We tell them Christmas is a time to show love for each other, that God loves us and sent his son as a gift to us and that we give gifts to each other to show that we love each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2008, 07:38 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,999,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Santa Clause is a lie. Isn't it against Christianity to lie?
It's called make-believe. Are you as miserable as you come across or is it an intentional message board persona?

Old 12-22-2008, 07:42 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
I'm being fictitious. Christians are always harassing gays yet none of them want to admit that Santa Clause is one big huge lie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
It's called make-believe. Are you as miserable as you come across or is it an intentional message board persona?

Old 12-22-2008, 08:58 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,110,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
Seriously? How are you going to stop it?
Any child who is doing this is suffering from extreme lonliness. First thing a parent needs to do is get out of their own world and pay attention to their child. If I had such a problem, I would involve the child in several social organizations and allow him/her to make real friends. I certainly wouldn't sit around and pray (cross my fingers) for the child to outgrow it and still be normal.

Old 12-22-2008, 09:48 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,244,003 times
They are only children for a short while...let them have some fantasy and excitement...

Old 12-22-2008, 09:50 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
no

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
They are only children for a short while...let them have some fantasy and excitement...

Old 12-22-2008, 09:52 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,764,742 times
Santa Clause is fictional?

How so?

Santa Clause brought me gifts every year as a kid and he brings gifts to my children now. How is he fictional? He is real, he is just not a physical human being, but he is real. He will be visiting our house in a few days. He is already out shopping.

Whats next are you going to say that the tooth fairy does not exist? What about the Easter bunny?

Old 12-22-2008, 09:54 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,244,003 times
Quote:
no

Old 12-22-2008, 09:57 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,764,742 times
Quote:
I'm being fictitious. Christians are always harassing gays yet none of them want to admit that Santa Clause is one big huge lie.

Wow. That is a massive generalization and massively inaccurate. Generalizations are generally silly. I am surprised at you Artsyguy.

I have been harassed by gays as I walked through their beach area in South Laguna, should I then assume that all gays harrass and grab at straight guys as they walk on the beach? Should I post a statement that "Gays are always grabbing at the bottoms of straight christian guys who walk on the beach"?

Yes there may be some Christians who hate gays. there are others who do nto care if you are gay or straight and believe that is between you and God, there are others that pursue gays and at times single them out for special treatment (e.g. some methodist Churches and many to most Episcopal churches).

Old 12-22-2008, 10:33 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,120,196 times
Quote:
Ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships