U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-12-2011, 08:34 PM
 
Location: FL
454 posts, read 299,179 times
Reputation: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
I just fell in love with a (female) inmate, due to be released in 2024 (but could be paroled earlier).
I've started an earnest, honest pen-pal relationship, maybe I'll have her on the phone one day or even visit her at the penintentiary (do you think there are rooms where one can meet privately an inmate or has one to be married?)
If the relationship gets really serious on both sides, do you think there is a possibility of marrying her when she'll be released or is it only plain daydreaming ?
2024? How old is she and how old are you? And what is she in for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-13-2011, 10:46 AM
 
Location: in your dreams
8,921 posts, read 6,350,438 times
Reputation: 11206
Let's hear that update story..!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2011, 11:00 AM
 
1,469 posts, read 2,344,882 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
I just fell in love with a (female) inmate, due to be released in 2024 (but could be paroled earlier).
I've started an earnest, honest pen-pal relationship, maybe I'll have her on the phone one day or even visit her at the penintentiary (do you think there are rooms where one can meet privately an inmate or has one to be married?)
If the relationship gets really serious on both sides, do you think there is a possibility of marrying her when she'll be released or is it only plain daydreaming ?
Foolish
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2011, 11:05 AM
 
3,098 posts, read 2,108,993 times
Reputation: 3633
you know the dating world is rough when you have to look to the prisons for potential mates
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-14-2011, 11:59 AM
 
Location: in your dreams
8,921 posts, read 6,350,438 times
Reputation: 11206
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
you know the dating world is rough when you have to look to the prisons for potential mates

Some like it rough...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-14-2011, 01:14 PM
 
1,249 posts, read 1,029,305 times
Reputation: 1206
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Some like it rough...
Who? Inmates?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-14-2011, 01:27 PM
 
Location: in your dreams
8,921 posts, read 6,350,438 times
Reputation: 11206
lulz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-14-2011, 04:00 PM
 
Location: colorado
2,791 posts, read 2,450,968 times
Reputation: 3222
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
I just fell in love with a (female) inmate, due to be released in 2024 (but could be paroled earlier).
I've started an earnest, honest pen-pal relationship, maybe I'll have her on the phone one day or even visit her at the penintentiary (do you think there are rooms where one can meet privately an inmate or has one to be married?)
If the relationship gets really serious on both sides, do you think there is a possibility of marrying her when she'll be released or is it only plain daydreaming ?

Wow..put the cats down....and get out of the house..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2011, 11:20 PM
 
9,717 posts, read 6,562,647 times
Reputation: 9773
What's the matter man.....can't you deal with a women who's NOT in prison....believing yourself in love with a locked up woman(especially for that long) tells me that you're not really ready to deal with any woman....inside or out.Your "relationship" with this woman is really nothing but a fantasy in your mind....and I'm sure that if she were to get out.....that fantasy would no doubt shrival and die.I believe that your cultivating your love for a locked up woman...is your way of avoiding dealing with the day to day realities of being with a woman full time....maybe you should try and figure out why you would rather enjoy fantasy instead of reality.....is it because it's so much easier, and there is no responsibilities involved??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2011, 07:56 AM
 
Location: St Thomas, US Virgin Islands
21,684 posts, read 25,307,163 times
Reputation: 22354
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
What's the matter man.....can't you deal with a women who's NOT in prison....believing yourself in love with a locked up woman(especially for that long) tells me that you're not really ready to deal with any woman....inside or out.Your "relationship" with this woman is really nothing but a fantasy in your mind....and I'm sure that if she were to get out.....that fantasy would no doubt shrival and die.I believe that your cultivating your love for a locked up woman...is your way of avoiding dealing with the day to day realities of being with a woman full time....maybe you should try and figure out why you would rather enjoy fantasy instead of reality.....is it because it's so much easier, and there is no responsibilities involved??
Amazing how these old threads get revived when the first "revivalist" doesn't realize the thread is a couple of years old and contributes, followed by tagalongs to that.

The OP has never returned to this thread but continues to post with authoritative opinions on many subjects but with no further mention of the inmate with whom he allegedly "fell in love" with via his and her pen-pal routine. She was, according to him, due to be released in 2024 with the possibility of early parole.

Gee whiz, did he ever get to actually visit her? Surely if he did then the thread would have continued. Seems not and seems that that relationship went down the tubes.

Reviving such an old thread serves only to remind all forum contributors to check thread dates, contributors' threads and their history, and sift and sort accordingly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top