Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 01:41 PM

403 posts, read 1,118,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
I'm all for Dutch, Australian, whatever you want to call it. Split the bill.

I'm a generous person, so if the bill comes and she offers to split that means a lot, even if I am paying full freight. That means she isn't a moocher and has a sense of fairness.

For the women that demand/expect us men pay for the first date, where did that idea come from? And why do we have to pay 100%? Who put the rule down we have to do that? The whole sense of entitlement is one personality characteristic that just drives me away from people. Can't stand it.

What's with this "buy me drink" bit these american women run around doing? Any woman that comes up and asks me to buy them a drink I say Naa get lost. Why would I buy some bar queen I don't even know a drink? Who do you think you are? Is that the price of admission to get to know you? What kind of BS is that?

I only dated women from other countries from 2000-2006/2007 and getting back to dating American women was a shocker. Really disappointing and I actually have pulled the plug on dating right now and am not really serious anytime soon about getting back to it. With these American women you just pay and pay and pay and you never stop paying. I feel like the free dinner and entertainment clown here to stuff your face and provide endless entertainment on demand.
Yep. Many American women want equality without equal responsibility. Check? What's that? I don't date hookers; she can pay her own way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2008, 01:44 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,047,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venusian_Artist View Post
Yep. Many American women want equality without equal responsibility. Check? What's that? I don't date hookers; she can pay her own way.
And how is it working for ya on first dates?

Old 12-23-2008, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
And how is it working for ya on first dates?
If a woman likes you, she won't care whether you pay or not. But if she's trying to get a free meal and drinks out of you, and you only pay your half of the bill, you just stopped her usury cold.

Old 12-23-2008, 01:55 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,043,483 times
I always set out to pay, but if the girl offers to pay half or take up the tip, I usually accept. It really depends on my mood, I believe in accepting her offer, but sometimes I just can't bring myself to.

I would certainly never invite her somewhere I couldn't pay.

Old 12-23-2008, 01:57 PM

Quote:
If a woman likes you, she won't care whether you pay or not. But if she's trying to get a free meal and drinks out of you, and you only pay your half of the bill, you just stopped her usury cold.
It's sad you're in such company, Venusian.

Btw, is this your own opinion only or the collective approach of Mystery and the gang?

Old 12-23-2008, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
It's sad you're in such company, Venusian.

Btw, is this your own opinion only or the collective approach of Mystery and the gang?
This is my opinion. If I have to pay for a woman's time on a date, then she doesn't want me, she wants the free ride.

Remember: I'm originally from California, land of usury. But even in more benevolent Portland, there is no social penalty for going Dutch. So split the bill, no harm no foul.

Such a philosophy is a true yen for equality, not the gender feminist B.S. masquerading as equity.

Old 12-23-2008, 02:28 PM

37,496 posts, read 45,805,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
What's with this "buy me drink" bit these american women run around doing? Any woman that comes up and asks me to buy them a drink I say Naa get lost. Why would I buy some bar queen I don't even know a drink? Who do you think you are? Is that the price of admission to get to know you? What kind of BS is that?
Ladies don't ever do that. And yes...I am old-fashioned.

Old 12-23-2008, 02:30 PM

37,496 posts, read 45,805,567 times
Quote:
Holy crap. You consider dinner as payment for a hooker? Really? think you'd be getting off very very cheap. If you got off at all.

Old 12-23-2008, 02:34 PM

943 posts, read 3,330,493 times
Well I be damned...

Old 12-23-2008, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Holy crap. You consider dinner as payment for a hooker? Really? think you'd be getting off very very cheap. If you got off at all.
Yeah, as I said it's sad to see what kind of people he's around. Frankly, I had a much higher opinion of him. Also, I doubt the objectives of the Venusian art are really achieved with this cold approach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships