U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-23-2008, 02:55 PM

355 posts, read 538,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
I am a physically fit guy..not muscular or anything just fit.. I have an active lifestyle, hit the gym regularly and I'm into various outdoor activities such as bicycling, hiking, snowboarding etc. When I tell other women that I am looking for someone who is not overweight they put on grim faces and tell me I am being shallow and should judge people by what is in their hearts.

First off, I would like to ask how is this unreasonable? Someone overweight is not going to be compatible with my lifestyle. Isn't that true? All I am asking for is someone who is not overweight, is that an unreasonable expectation?

BTW, being overweight is a risk for various health issues, not only that more often than not being overweight is a result of other psychological issues...depression etc.
Absolutely nothing wrong with asking for what you want.

I wouldn't date a guy who was fat because I work out hard to get the body I've got. Why would I want to share my body with a person who doesn't appreciate how hard it is for me to look good?

I only date men with nice bods. Period. And I don't care if people think that's superficial or shallow. Plus, it just looks and feels a whole lot better lying in bed.

Old 12-23-2008, 03:49 PM

25,170 posts, read 33,594,443 times
If you are so active and so perfect then why are you so heavy set?

And why is your screenname Cholesterol? I'm picking up on the Glutton pride vibe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Well, as a fat chick, most of you would have a hard time keeping up with me. Because of my health issues and medications, I have a very hard time losing weight and lose it VERY slowly (1-2 pounds a month). When I have to take prednisone at least once a year because of sporadic skin problems, I gain it all back. My doctors know and tried to work with me- but at this point I'm in debt from medical bills just for testings, not even for treatment and as a poor college student, I guess I'll just have to live with being fat until I get an income that will allow me to go for more tests to figure out just what is wrong.

Even with the excess weight, I am "fit" for what I can be given my health limitations (high endurance from lots of hiking, strength from weight training) and lead an extremely active lifestyle. My boyfriend has lost 15 pounds in the past 2 months that we've been together due to my influence and cooking (in a good way!). And as someone who had always had very thin girlfriends before, he's perfectly happy in bed with me.

It's fine to not be attracted to bigger women- but don't dare make assumptions about their lifestyles when you don't know. Most thin women my age are much less active than I am because they CAN be and lucked out to not have medical conditions. Don't joke yourself by saying it's just a lifestyle difference. In some cases, it can be- but that's just like saying you won't date a naturally thin woman because your active lifestyle won't mesh with hers.

Old 12-23-2008, 03:53 PM

1,093 posts, read 1,169,835 times
But there are men who like curvy /fat women! Those big girls have their admirers too.there are clubs for fat chicks too, I saw it on TV. They serve free cake with every drink you buy.

Old 12-23-2008, 04:33 PM

462 posts, read 625,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Well, as a fat chick, most of you would have a hard time keeping up with me. Because of my health issues and medications, I have a very hard time losing weight and lose it VERY slowly (1-2 pounds a month). When I have to take prednisone at least once a year because of sporadic skin problems, I gain it all back. My doctors know and tried to work with me- but at this point I'm in debt from medical bills just for testings, not even for treatment and as a poor college student, I guess I'll just have to live with being fat until I get an income that will allow me to go for more tests to figure out just what is wrong.

Even with the excess weight, I am "fit" for what I can be given my health limitations (high endurance from lots of hiking, strength from weight training) and lead an extremely active lifestyle. My boyfriend has lost 15 pounds in the past 2 months that we've been together due to my influence and cooking (in a good way!). And as someone who had always had very thin girlfriends before, he's perfectly happy in bed with me.

It's fine to not be attracted to bigger women- but don't dare make assumptions about their lifestyles when you don't know. Most thin women my age are much less active than I am because they CAN be and lucked out to not have medical conditions. Don't joke yourself by saying it's just a lifestyle difference. In some cases, it can be- but that's just like saying you won't date a naturally thin woman because your active lifestyle won't mesh with hers.
That prednisone is some a killer when it comes to weight gain. I am highly allergic to poison ivy and had to have a shot of it a few years back & take pills for a week. I gained 7 lbs in that week & I was on a diet & had already lost 30 lbs when this happened. My friend has to take it for an autoimmune disease she has & her face has swelled up & she has gained atleast 20 lbs. Hopefully you wont have to take it for long.

Old 12-23-2008, 06:01 PM

2,144 posts, read 2,517,641 times
I'm a few pounds overweight myself (5'6", 155lb) and have plans to train and run a half marathon next year, hopefully losing about 20 pounds in the process.

Yes, I would date a guy who is overweight but not obese as long as he is still active and can run/walk/hike with me.

All my ex-boyfriends were just fine with my "curves" - most of which happen to be in all the right places (according to them) so I'm trying to get more fit and lose weight for myself, not for some guy.

Old 12-23-2008, 06:03 PM

^ Running a marathon won't help you lose any weight.

Old 12-23-2008, 06:40 PM

1,413 posts, read 1,762,801 times
Training for a marathon would though. Besides, 5'6 155 doesn't sound that bad and probably isn't what the OP or most of the guys here are referring to

Old 12-23-2008, 06:44 PM

49,388 posts, read 45,978,992 times
as to what is fat with 1 in 3 americans obese that is getting talked up alot no? i am always very wary when someone else attempts to shape my reality by constantly telling that my perceptions are flawed and need interpretation. telling me i am just "confused" and not seeing things correctly. see an enormous amount of these reality shaper posts on CDF. i know what you want just listen to me, you really want to date an inmate in san quentin, im telling you they are really sexy. orange jackets & tattos are cool. its always been your dream, let me esplain you.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 12-23-2008 at 06:52 PM..

Old 12-23-2008, 06:47 PM

I really dislike it when people do that to me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i am always very wary when someone else attempts to shape my reality by constantly telling that my perceptions are flawed and need interpretation. its not that they are fat, its that my perceptions need correction.

Old 12-23-2008, 06:51 PM

24,396 posts, read 18,141,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
I'm a few pounds overweight myself (5'6", 155lb)

All my ex-boyfriends were just fine with my "curves" - most of which happen to be in all the right places (according to them) so I'm trying to get more fit and lose weight for myself, not for some guy.
Yeah 5'6'' 155 ain't bad at all.

Course I like woman with curves in the right spot. I've got co-workers that like women skinny I'm talking 12 year old boy kinda skinny.

I don't get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships