Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 01:59 PM

37,478 posts, read 45,740,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
It's weird how when I go to certain sites, there's these hot women right within 5 miles of me that show up in banners...

Then I go down to Kissimee and get online...

The same girls are currently in Kissimee!!! One would assume they chose to vacation at the same time I did, what are the odds??

OMG this is great, we have the same travel interests and everything! I can't wait to go home and join!

Right. You go do that. :
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2008, 02:00 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,075,166 times
I had an interest in committing suicide once. So I spent some time in mental wards, where I would meet girls who shared the same interest as myself. Those weren't long term relationships either.

Old 12-23-2008, 02:00 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,002,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Ah. Most men, women (certainly me!) stay away from profiles that have very little information, or no pics. I can see why you've not had any success with it then...that makes sense.
How hard is it to understand? I said that design specifically helps NOT to get unwanted responses. And this profile wasn't there in order to get anybody anyway.

Old 12-23-2008, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
How hard is it to understand? I said that design specifically helps NOT to get unwanted responses. And this profile wasn't there in order to get anybody anyway.
To put a profile out there that is designed to NOT receive responses? Nope. Makes NO sense to me. You won't get responses - wanted or unwanted, that way. Sorry Sierra, we simply disagree on this topic. I have enough experience with it that it has worked for me. It does take some time - I will say that. It's no quick fix for a lonely Saturday night (well...unless you are after ). If you don't give something a fair shot, you'll never know the possibilites. But, it's not for everyone. I realize that.

Old 12-23-2008, 02:33 PM

Quote:
To put a profile out there that is designed to NOT receive responses? Nope. Makes NO sense to me. You won't get responses - wanted or unwanted, that way. Sorry Sierra, we simply disagree on this topic. I have enough experience with it that it has worked for me. It does take some time - I will say that. It's no quick fix for a lonely Saturday night (well...unless you are after ). If you don't give something a fair shot, you'll never know the possibilites. But, it's not for everyone. I realize that.
It's true. You totally don't understand what I'm talking about (and I can't give you the whole picture so it's not your fault entirely), so let's give it a rest.

However, even if I WERE to truly be looking for somebody, I'd approach it the same way. I don't need hordes of losers stuffing my mail box.

Old 12-23-2008, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I don't need hordes of losers stuffing my mail box.
I agree. But to a degree at least, you can control that by how you write your profile.

Anyway...always an interesting topic!!

Old 12-23-2008, 02:44 PM

Quote:
I agree. But to a degree at least, you can control that by how you write your profile.

Anyway...always an interesting topic!!
Rejection doesn't feel good. I'd rather not have to reject, be it even losers. I'd prefer to contact whomever I'd like regardless of the outcome.

Old 12-23-2008, 02:47 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,075,166 times
The person who wrote this sounds like they believe the labatts Blue ad too! Bottled by hockey players, the factory is guarded by bears..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships