Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 09:11 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,546,473 times

Advertisements

LOL!!! Greatness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Here was my holiday schedule.

December 23rd

Noon. Finish last client meeting.
1:00 Start cooking.
3:30 Last minute present shopping plus run to grocery store
5:00 More cooking
5:30 Dinner for the kids and two of their friends.
6:00 Shower and dress for dinner party.
7:00 Dinner party
11:00 Home and bed

December 24th

6:30 Up
6:35 Coffee and Newspaper in Den
6:36 Mrs. CPG walks in, says, "What do you think you are doing? It's Christmas Eve."
6:37 Begin wrapping presents on ping-pong table in Party Barn
9:00 Cook and clean house
11:00 Dash to store to buy last-minute present for nephew we've forgotten, plus groceries.
12:00 Wrap last of presents
12:45 Shower and dress for Christmas Eve party with friends
1:30 Christmas Eve party, way out in middle of nowhere.
3:00 Leave party for Church. Drive like bat outta hell to arrive by 3:30 to claim pew because of all the C&Es who darken the church doors twice a year.
4:00 Actual Christmas Eve Children's service, known as the Holy Commotion.
5:00 Church over, back home to cook for Christmas Eve dinner. Forgot film for camera, so dash to Walgreen's to face sullen clerk.
6:00 Off to mother's for Xmas Eve Dinner. Children could not be more wired at this point if they had been injected with PCP.
6:45 Dinner at mother's. Nice dinner interrupted by several political arguments.
10:30 Arrive at home, dispatch the chimps to bed. Get presents out of hiding. Put out half-drunken glass of milk for nine-year's benefit.
11:45 Bed.

December 25

6:30 9-year-old comes in to wake us up. We tell him to don't even think of leaving his room until 7. We go down to drink coffee.
7:01.01 Three kids come thundering down stairs to open the presents
7:25 All presents open
7:26 Go downstairs into basement to set up Rock Band 2 for sons.
8:15 Twelve-year-old son takes instructions away from father, sets up Rock Band 2 in about 15 seconds
8:30 Back upstairs.
8:35 Mrs. CPG and I start making food and Bloody Mary mix for Christmas Brunch at sister's.
9:30 Shower and dress for Christmas Brunch
10:30 Arrive at Christmas Brunch. Open more presents. Have more political arguments. Swill lots of champagne and Bloody Marys.
2:00 Go home. Catnap.
2:10 Neighbors show up with gifts.
2:45 More friends show up with gifts.
3:30 More friends show up with gifts. They all refuse to leave.
5:00 Brother and his wife show up to see the house.
6:00 Go to other brother's house for Christmas dinner
11:00 Return from other brother's house fall exhausted in bed.

December 26th

7:00 Mrs. CPG sits bolt upright in bed in horror, having forgotten gifts for in-laws we'll see in Atlanta that afternoon. Issues stream of orders as she showers, dresses and sprints out door.
10:00 Mrs. CPG returns to find Mr. CPG idly loading songs onto his iPod. Head swivels around spewing green stuff, wondering out loud if Mr. CPG has packed the back, gassed up the car, cleaned the kitchen, made up the bed, wrapped several presents, and gotten the kids dressed. Despite having crossed 95% of the items off my to-do list, I am still a lazy husband.
10:01 The Annual Holiday Argument between Mr and Mrs CPG.
10:02 Mr CPG tells Mrs CPG that she can just take the kids to her parents by herself for all he cares.
10:03 Faced with prospect of taking three kids to parents for four days by herself, Mrs. CPG apologizes for losing her temper.
10:15 Car packed, leave for Atlanta
10:45 Mrs. CPG realizes she's hungry. As a concession to her husband, she agrees to eat at Chik-fil-A, even though she likes Wendy's better
11:45 Halfway to Atlanta, a van in front swerves in front of car into emergency lane. Driver promptly gets out, dashes to guard rail and throws up. Children in car shreik, "Ewwwww!" in unison.
2:00 Arrive in Atlanta. In-laws immediately ask what took us so long to get there.
2:15 Sit in den and talk about money, automotive repair and how Obama is screwing up in America. This will go on for the next six hours.
8:00 Christmas dinner. Mrs. CPG slips a Xantac to me for later.
9:00 More Christmas presents
10:00 More discussions about Obama screwing up America
11:30 Bed.

The count: 12 beers, four glasses of champagne, six glasses of wine, 4 bloody marys, 3 Xantac tablets, six arguments, 420 miles on the odometer, 3 trips to the grocery, 2 trips to the malls, countless presents wrapped. That's our holiday. How was yours?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2008, 09:13 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,546,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no8fann View Post
We found out on Christmas Day that my soon to be ex-mil most likely has pancreatic cancer after running her to the emergency room Christmas Eve. Spent half the day in the hospital with ex's side of the family. Fun.
So sorry. Sending you lots of good thoughts and positive energy.

Old 12-27-2008, 09:21 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,341,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Here was my holiday schedule.

December 23rd

Noon. Finish last client meeting.
1:00 Start cooking.
3:30 Last minute present shopping plus run to grocery store
5:00 More cooking
5:30 Dinner for the kids and two of their friends.
6:00 Shower and dress for dinner party.
7:00 Dinner party
11:00 Home and bed

December 24th

6:30 Up
6:35 Coffee and Newspaper in Den
6:36 Mrs. CPG walks in, says, "What do you think you are doing? It's Christmas Eve."
6:37 Begin wrapping presents on ping-pong table in Party Barn
9:00 Cook and clean house
11:00 Dash to store to buy last-minute present for nephew we've forgotten, plus groceries.
12:00 Wrap last of presents
12:45 Shower and dress for Christmas Eve party with friends
1:30 Christmas Eve party, way out in middle of nowhere.
3:00 Leave party for Church. Drive like bat outta hell to arrive by 3:30 to claim pew because of all the C&Es who darken the church doors twice a year.
4:00 Actual Christmas Eve Children's service, known as the Holy Commotion.
5:00 Church over, back home to cook for Christmas Eve dinner. Forgot film for camera, so dash to Walgreen's to face sullen clerk.
6:00 Off to mother's for Xmas Eve Dinner. Children could not be more wired at this point if they had been injected with PCP.
6:45 Dinner at mother's. Nice dinner interrupted by several political arguments.
10:30 Arrive at home, dispatch the chimps to bed. Get presents out of hiding. Put out half-drunken glass of milk for nine-year's benefit.
11:45 Bed.

December 25

6:30 9-year-old comes in to wake us up. We tell him to don't even think of leaving his room until 7. We go down to drink coffee.
7:01.01 Three kids come thundering down stairs to open the presents
7:25 All presents open
7:26 Go downstairs into basement to set up Rock Band 2 for sons.
8:15 Twelve-year-old son takes instructions away from father, sets up Rock Band 2 in about 15 seconds
8:30 Back upstairs.
8:35 Mrs. CPG and I start making food and Bloody Mary mix for Christmas Brunch at sister's.
9:30 Shower and dress for Christmas Brunch
10:30 Arrive at Christmas Brunch. Open more presents. Have more political arguments. Swill lots of champagne and Bloody Marys.
2:00 Go home. Catnap.
2:10 Neighbors show up with gifts.
2:45 More friends show up with gifts.
3:30 More friends show up with gifts. They all refuse to leave.
5:00 Brother and his wife show up to see the house.
6:00 Go to other brother's house for Christmas dinner
11:00 Return from other brother's house fall exhausted in bed.

December 26th

7:00 Mrs. CPG sits bolt upright in bed in horror, having forgotten gifts for in-laws we'll see in Atlanta that afternoon. Issues stream of orders as she showers, dresses and sprints out door.
10:00 Mrs. CPG returns to find Mr. CPG idly loading songs onto his iPod. Head swivels around spewing green stuff, wondering out loud if Mr. CPG has packed the back, gassed up the car, cleaned the kitchen, made up the bed, wrapped several presents, and gotten the kids dressed. Despite having crossed 95% of the items off my to-do list, I am still a lazy husband.
10:01 The Annual Holiday Argument between Mr and Mrs CPG.
10:02 Mr CPG tells Mrs CPG that she can just take the kids to her parents by herself for all he cares.
10:03 Faced with prospect of taking three kids to parents for four days by herself, Mrs. CPG apologizes for losing her temper.
10:15 Car packed, leave for Atlanta
10:45 Mrs. CPG realizes she's hungry. As a concession to her husband, she agrees to eat at Chik-fil-A, even though she likes Wendy's better
11:45 Halfway to Atlanta, a van in front swerves in front of car into emergency lane. Driver promptly gets out, dashes to guard rail and throws up. Children in car shreik, "Ewwwww!" in unison.
2:00 Arrive in Atlanta. In-laws immediately ask what took us so long to get there.
2:15 Sit in den and talk about money, automotive repair and how Obama is screwing up in America. This will go on for the next six hours.
8:00 Christmas dinner. Mrs. CPG slips a Xantac to me for later.
9:00 More Christmas presents
10:00 More discussions about Obama screwing up America
11:30 Bed.

The count: 12 beers, four glasses of champagne, six glasses of wine, 4 bloody marys, 3 Xantac tablets, six arguments, 420 miles on the odometer, 3 trips to the grocery, 2 trips to the malls, countless presents wrapped. That's our holiday. How was yours?
A holiday together with your family who are all happy, healthy and love you? I think it sounds wonderful.

Old 12-28-2008, 03:10 AM

2,514 posts, read 4,954,564 times
cpg35223, your account of events could be published in a magazine - too funny!

jenn197399, we do care, ya know....how did things go with regards to your other posts?

twinkle, 'didneyland' is one of the places on my bucket list

my Christmas was very nice, all things considered. Split my time between relatives' houses in Massachusetts....my favorite time was while I was in transit...alone. I can honestly say that I've spent my last holiday watching a family member (or two) get so plastered they don't remember squat the next day. Nothing worse than being the sober one in a room of drunkards!

Old 12-28-2008, 05:14 AM

3,663 posts, read 8,665,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I am looking forward to a calm and uneventfull Christmas. I am so glad not to be with the dh and put up with all his and his families drama. Im cooking the Christmas ham tomorrow before the grandkids go back to thier crazy mother. We will have a nice dinner, exchange what few gifts we could afford this year and watch some movies.
Later, me and the bf will get tipsy, watch the tree lights for awhile, put on our santa hats and nothing else and have christmas sex.
Sounds like a great time to me.

Old 12-28-2008, 05:20 AM

3,663 posts, read 8,665,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piperspal View Post
does this mean what I think it means?

I really need to get up to speed with the latest lingo.....
I was thinking the same thing.

Old 12-28-2008, 05:46 AM

111 posts, read 353,679 times
My Christmas was one of the best ever. Just me and my boyfriend. We has lumpia, ribs, steak stir-fry, mashed potatoes, and jambolya (I think I misspelled that). Christmas07 sucked, though. I got to spend it on my ship, all by myself. Nevermind the fact that I'd asked my chain of command if there was anyplace I could go. Gotta love this place (my command).

Old 12-28-2008, 07:59 AM

2,514 posts, read 4,954,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navych1ck View Post
My Christmas was one of the best ever. Just me and my boyfriend. We has lumpia, ribs, steak stir-fry, mashed potatoes, and jambolya (I think I misspelled that). Christmas07 sucked, though. I got to spend it on my ship, all by myself. Nevermind the fact that I'd asked my chain of command if there was anyplace I could go. Gotta love this place (my command).

What is lumpia?

More importantly, very happy you had a great Christmas this year. That is the very least you deserve for serving our country.
Because of wonderful people like you, all of us get to sit freely in the warmth & comfort of our abodes and post the pros & cons of life on C-D!!

Old 12-28-2008, 11:53 AM

2,163 posts, read 4,341,101 times
Quote:
What is lumpia?

More importantly, very happy you had a great Christmas this year. That is the very least you deserve for serving our country.
Because of wonderful people like you, all of us get to sit freely in the warmth & comfort of our abodes and post the pros & cons of life on C-D!!
Nice post, and I agree.

Old 12-29-2008, 02:24 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Quote:
Does the above post mean that you were not able to find someone to help you get a present for your 10 year old son or your nine month old? I read your other posts.
She must have found some money for the kids' presents - I mean, she had money for the booze, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships