U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 08:05 PM

5,413 posts, read 10,477,377 times
Post First Time Cuddle Party

While at the gym earlier this week, I was in front of a TV that was airing "Current" channel. Current showed a segment called First Time Cuddle Party and mentioned Cuddle Party - A boundary-appropriate workshop and social event for exploring touch, affection and communication. Here's Current's description of the video clip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Current
Cuddle party is a 3-hour workshop where adults learn the art of non-sexual consensual touch. In this pod, VC2 producer Tania Rachid goes deep into cuddle territory in Joshua Tree to find out what it's like to touch strangers for three hours.
Has anyone heard of such thing, or better yet, attended one? There are none in TX, so it's not like I want to go. But it did get me curious. It seemed silly at first, but people seemed to be having fun. (Yes, I know the TV segment was probably heavily edited.)

BTW, that Tania Rachid chick is pretty cute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2008, 08:06 PM

25,170 posts, read 33,581,535 times
ha ha I can't believe you went to a cuddle party! Any hot guys there though?

Old 12-25-2008, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I question your reading "skillz". I never said I attended a Cuddle Party. I just saw the clip of it on TV and was wondering if anyone has attended one.

Old 12-25-2008, 08:11 PM

49,388 posts, read 45,951,277 times
this sounds like a job for stuart smalley
\

7,250 posts, read 6,547,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
He did not go to one.

Well since you attended the cuddle party I encourage you to tell us all about your adventure please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
I question your reading "skillz". I never said I attended a Cuddle Party. I just saw the clip of it on TV and was wondering if anyone has attended one.

Old 12-25-2008, 08:12 PM

5,612 posts, read 9,464,197 times
I live in LA so who's surprise that they have them here? I went but I didn't stay. It was kind of creepy.

Old 12-25-2008, 08:14 PM

42,846 posts, read 53,447,137 times
I believe I read about it on this forum already... How much more pathetic can this world get?!

This FAQ (http://www.cuddleparty.com/about/faq.cfm#erections - broken link) cracked me up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuddle Party
What if something "comes up"? (AKA, Arousal and the Erection Phenomenon...)

Erections. Erections. ERECTIONS. There, we said it.

When men get aroused, they sometimes get erections. Arousal is an inherent part of being human. But somehow, somewhere, many of us began to believe that we must act on this arousal whenever it showed up, as if we may never have another chance to be horny again and we must strike while the iron is hot, so to speak.

Well, this attitude has caused all sorts of weirdness in our society and massive miscommunications between the sexes.

Since Cuddle Parties are safe spaces for adults to explore and practice affectionate touch without sexualizing it, and since the state of arousal is natural for us human beings, it's no surprise that erections sometimes do occur. Our goal is not to teach men how not to get erections. Instead, we want to make normal functions and needs of human beings seem, well, "normal."

We strive not only to free people of the awkwardness surrounding arousal, but to allow them to develop some real coordination around it. At a Cuddle Party, erections become Mother Nature's way of giving us the thumbs-up sign. Nothing's wrong. Nothing's dirty. Nothing's suspect. And as long as you're not dry humping anyone (Rule #7), it's completely okay. Really.

lol you went? That is shocking. So was everybody making out in one large room or something? Do you get to pick whom you make out with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
I live in LA so who's surprise that they have them here? I went but I didn't stay. It was kind of creepy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships