Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 11:30 AM

37,477 posts, read 45,726,590 times

Advertisements

OMG.

I am a complete idiot. I totally missed the underlying issue here. The men that are complaining, are annoyed because when they ask a woman out, pay for a dinner, and then she doesn't want to go out again, they feel like they have wasted their money. Holy crap. How the hell did I NOT see that?? Somebody slap me.

And slap them too while you're at it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2008, 12:19 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,672,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
OMG.

I am a complete idiot. I totally missed the underlying issue here. The men that are complaining, are annoyed because when they ask a woman out, pay for a dinner, and then she doesn't want to go out again, they feel like they have wasted their money. Holy crap. How the hell did I NOT see that??
To paraphrase an acquaintance, they treat women as vending machines. You put a few coins in the slot, press a button, and you expect a chocolate bar/bag of chips/can of soda to come out the other end. The men in question put some food in a woman's mouth, they expect her to spread her legs. If the vending machine eats up your quarters and doesn't give you anything, you push it, perhaps hit it or shake it, yell at it. You become angry, you feel swindled. A thought crosses your mind that you've been defrauded of your $1.25 by the evil, evil vending machine. And you would certainly feel stupefied if anyone suggested to you that the vending machine has a choice on whether to give you candy after you've put money in it. It's just a vending machine, isn't it? Its whole purpose in life is to shoot candy out the bottom -- isn't it?

Old 12-29-2008, 01:36 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,633,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
To paraphrase an acquaintance, they treat women as vending machines. You put a few coins in the slot, press a button, and you expect a chocolate bar/bag of chips/can of soda to come out the other end. The men in question put some food in a woman's mouth, they expect her to spread her legs. If the vending machine eats up your quarters and doesn't give you anything, you push it, perhaps hit it or shake it, yell at it. You become angry, you feel swindled. A thought crosses your mind that you've been defrauded of your $1.25 by the evil, evil vending machine. And you would certainly feel stupefied if anyone suggested to you that the vending machine has a choice on whether to give you candy after you've put money in it. It's just a vending machine, isn't it? Its whole purpose in life is to shoot candy out the bottom -- isn't it?
LOL! Hysterical! If I could rep you 1000 points right now, I would!

Old 12-29-2008, 01:44 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,590,771 times
+Rep for Redisca. That was awesome.

I didn't read all the replies, but here's mine. The person who does the asking does the paying. If you asked me, you're paying. If you ask me to a movie, you're buying the tickets. If I feel like having popcorn, I might buy it, but it would be awfully nice of you to get the snacks if you're so inclined. If I invite YOU to the movies or dinner or an amusement park or whatever, I'M paying, so put away your wallet. That's just manners, people.

If the chemistry is not there and I don't want to see you again, I'm not paying for the date you asked me on. And frankly, if you expected it, no wonder I don't want to see you anymore. Dating is taking chances and seeing if you are romantically interested in people. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't.

Old 12-29-2008, 02:17 PM

14,727 posts, read 33,283,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
+Rep for Redisca. That was awesome.

The person who does the asking does the paying. If you asked me, you're paying.
I don't like the vending machine analogy. It's not true for over 1/2 the men out there. For most healthy people, the purpose of a date is to learn about the other person, find out if there's chemistry, and to read the vibes as to whether or not there will be another date.

Right. The person that asks pays. I have no problem with that. However, be somewhat of a "sleuth" to figure out in advance if paying for more than one date would be a waste of money.

Old 12-29-2008, 02:18 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,611,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
What are you, the friggin' entitlement police or something? What makes you think you are "entitled" to an explanation of what I have done to deserve it? YOU don't determine what I deserve, I do.
I am. I've got my badge and furry handcuffs and everything.

Old 12-29-2008, 02:20 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,611,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
The men in question put some food in a woman's mouth, they expect her to spread her legs.
That's why if everyone splits the bill there is none of this nonsense or other issues. Pretty simple.

Old 12-29-2008, 02:25 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,633,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I don't like the vending machine analogy.
Robert. Robert. Robert.

Even though it does not apply to 1/2 the men out there. . . .

Give credit where credit is due. . .

It was just simply beautifully creative and HYSTERICAL!

Old 12-29-2008, 02:28 PM

14,727 posts, read 33,283,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Robert. Robert. Robert.

Even though it does not apply to 1/2 the men out there. . . .

Give credit where credit is due. . .

It was just simply beautifully creative and HYSTERICAL!
Yes...funny...and just a little in the "Thelma and Louise" vernacular.

Old 12-29-2008, 02:43 PM

37,477 posts, read 45,726,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
I am. I've got my badge and furry handcuffs and everything.
Well now. If you wore those on the date, she just might go out with ya again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships