Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 12:28 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,852,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Prenup?

Hmmm?

How ya gonna get her to go thru with that?

Well, I like the idea. Then when she wants it over you just get the paperwork out and seperate the stuff.

I like it.
I think it should be the law. That way, nobody feels pressured and the savings in courts and lawyers would be enormous. Money better spent on the children or in their absence, the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2008, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Agreed.

I thought one of my sisters took the wrong tack by moving in with this one guy several years ago. Got to the point she did all the housekeeping, laundry, cooking, managing finances, paying a lot of the bills, caring for the dog, etc.
Its sad but for many women, this is their main hope for marriage. If they are "lucky" enough to land him, they'll have regrets very soon.

Old 12-30-2008, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
I think there are many women who are wired that way. They want it first, but are first to be unhappy. The wedding itself is a girl thing, the marriage is a couple's responsibility. I think men settle in quicker into the marriage, while women keep wanting change, better jobs, kids, bigger house, etc. I don't think marriage is necessary, unless you want children or you both want that commitment completely. Just my opinion, but I have been through it a few times, of course maybe with the wrong person?
As long as women insist on the superficial qualities in a man and expect that marriage will magically deliver the important attributes required for a successful marriage, the divorce rate will hover around 50%. And that doesn't include those unhappy in their marriage who do not end it for various reasons.

Old 12-30-2008, 12:41 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Not so fast. I filed...but HE is the one that wanted the divorce. I filed because HE couldn't afford to. So cut that "involuntary" nonsense.
my ex always did opposite of what i asked, i begged her not to divorce me.

Old 12-30-2008, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Seems like a financial death wish. How's your situation after that little bit of psychology?

Old 12-30-2008, 12:50 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Seems like a financial death wish. How's your situation after that little bit of psychology?
you picked a fine time to leave me lucille
i just hit a gusher in the lower left field
ray stevens sing it!!

Old 12-30-2008, 07:01 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Too-Much-Too-Young View Post
My mother always says to me - "why would you expect the man to marry you? you already give him all he wants (friendship and sex), so why do you expect him to ruin a good thing? "

You can tell shes Irish, nagging till the last.

I think its bull to say some men arent the marrying type, there not the marrying type because there getting everything they want - sex on tap, while keeping their options open. Giving half the chance most men would!
Mom knows best!

Old 12-30-2008, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygolightly View Post
What if we're in a committed relationship and plan to spend the rest of our lives together whether married or not? Though some may not understand it, my SO and I are very happy, and neither of us are going anywhere, ring on my finger or no ring (well, he did give me a ring, but that's another story). We do not want to do the whole "ceremony" thing, and we are definitely committed for the rest of our lives. As the female in our relationship, I am just not the type to sit around pining away to be husband and wife. I'm happy, we're content, just as we are, being partners in every sense; as is he. Even my mother understands this, and pretty much gave us the same "commitment" gift that she gave my sister and BIL as a "wedding" gift.
That's crazy!

Why do gay people want to get married???

They want the benefits of marriage. The taxes the retirement benefits and such. It is just a complicated thing.

You are the reason they made "common law marriage."

Last edited by funymann; 12-30-2008 at 07:14 AM..

Old 12-30-2008, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I would never get married again. Ever. Personally, I just want to go out and "get a little sausage" by whichever "pig" strikes my fancy whenever I want it. I can support myself, buy my own houses, buy my own cars, my own clothes, vacations, whatever. I am perfectly happy with my own company. I complete myself. I am my own best soulmate.
You read MY mind. I hear you.

All except for the "sausage" thing.

Last edited by funymann; 12-30-2008 at 08:10 AM..

Old 12-30-2008, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Hilarious!!

Hmmm? I should try that..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships