Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 01:01 PM

15,639 posts, read 40,947,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
Good point Twinkle Toes. I guess you are right.

Do you seek change yourself or felt the need to?
All the time. I can't sit still! Yes, I have to work and I have my family responsibilities to my husband/kids/pets. I also compete in ballroom dance so I am very strict about my dancing and my working out at the gym or going out running. But there are so many things I like and want to do. These things keep me sane. I am also always up for trying new things and meting new people. All of this just enriches my life so much more than if I got stuck in a routine. There's a whoe big world out there, Rakhi - you need to get out there and experience and enjoy it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2008, 01:07 PM

395 posts, read 1,284,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
There's a whoe big world out there, Rakhi - you need to get out there and experience and enjoy it.
Thanks Twinkle Toes...I guess I just needed a reminder that life is fun only when you let it be fun

Old 12-30-2008, 01:25 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,983,891 times
Quote:
These things keep me sane.
They DO...?!

Old 12-30-2008, 05:33 PM

15,639 posts, read 40,947,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
They DO...?!
Well ... you know ... as sane as an insane person could possibly be!

Oh, and I just got back to the computer and noticed I had some typos in my earlier posts. I meant to spell "whole" not whoe, which sounds like I'm saying 'ho'.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:19 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,080,621 times
Quote:
I am not too sure if this is right forum to bring this up...but let me ask it anyway..

Does it ever happen to anyone of you that suddenly you feel drained of a purpose... be it short term or long term?

Does it happen that you wake-up everyday, come to work, go back home, spend time with husband...all fits in perfectly like a well planned puzzle but still you feel that your entire mind is 'Still' (not blank mind you..just still), that something is really missing?
You are content...but not really content at the same time?

I am feeling so...I dont know what to expect of me. (But I am still the same old women who, like always reads books, cooks for her husband etc etc...)Is this a passing phase?
This sounds way too familiar to me. It sounds like a post I owuld have posted just before a depressive episode. Twinkle Toes is right, find some thing fun to do. You sound like you are in rut. A fun hobby will do you a world of good.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:38 PM

17,612 posts, read 22,548,267 times
Quote:
Well ... you know ... as sane as an insane person could possibly be!

Oh, and I just got back to the computer and noticed I had some typos in my earlier posts. I meant to spell "whole" not whoe, which sounds like I'm saying 'ho'.

We Unnerstand..............................

Old 12-31-2008, 02:22 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,142,036 times
Sometimes we spend so much of our lives working towards a goal (or set of goals) that we are lost once we have achieved them. I know exactly how this feels...and I'm still trying to figure out what my new dream is.

You're ok...and you're not alone.

Old 12-31-2008, 08:45 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,412,531 times
Quote:
I would like to change the fact that I dont have a purpose in life right now (which makes me wonder if I ever had).

I just live. Is this all there is to my existance?
When those questions and feelings arise they usually have to do with spirituality, including that in your life will give it a purpose and a direction.

regards!

Old 12-31-2008, 11:13 AM

1,181 posts, read 3,798,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Sometimes we spend so much of our lives working towards a goal (or set of goals) that we are lost once we have achieved them. I know exactly how this feels...and I'm still trying to figure out what my new dream is.

You're ok...and you're not alone.
Sometimes it's just the opposite. I feel like I've been drifting aimlessly for years. I finally started taking some classes at college, and for the first time I feel like I actually do have a goal, which for me is much better than aimlessly drifting along.
Sometimes you have to shake things up a bit, and try something new, or you get stuck in a mindless rut.

Old 12-31-2008, 11:25 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,894,584 times
Quote:
Thanks Twinkle Toes...I guess I just needed a reminder that life is fun only when you let it be fun
Do you drive home on the same road? Don't. Never travel the same road.

When was the last time you laughed your buttocks off??

You ever been in a snowball fight?

What about sitting on a bench feeding the birds? Build a sand castle?

Raced the kids to the door to the house?

Played hide and seek with the kids. That's funn!

Gotten tickled till you almost wet yourself.?..and liked it.

Talked like a retard in the speaker at a fast food resturant?

Asked for directions with an accent? Ask for directions for a road you are already on...? Hilarious!! Then go, "DUH." Then do the retard voice, "Tanks tanks alot!"

Fly a kite?

I hope these help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships