Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 09:42 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,115,593 times

Advertisements

Unfortunately, we (Black people) are still in the field n*****/house n***** mentality. We still measure each other by the worst of our members and forget that we have very successful members of our race. The person you see in the mirror and your own family are not the only "good" Balck people. Men like Barack Obama, and women like Oprah are not an anomaly. If you are looking for educated people you have to go where educated people are.

You cannot go to the ghetto and expect to find an educated high class woman. It can happen, but you are more than likely going to find a hood rat. If you want to find an educated high class woman, you have to go where they go: church, museums, libraries, coffee shops and malls in nice neighborhoods. Find out where your sisters hang out. go there. You will only find what you are looking for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 04:18 PM

727 posts, read 1,891,342 times
Its easier said than done....trust I've been to libraries,museums,wine tasting parties,ONLINE...........sigh

Old 01-04-2009, 09:51 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,115,593 times
Sorry, I didn't say it would be easy. But nothing worth having is. Getting an education wasn't easy, but you stuck it out and succeeded at it. Having a great relationship will be work, too but if you keep at it, like your education you will be successful. Think about it: how many times did you want to quit school?

Old 01-04-2009, 10:53 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
Hey you two,

I wanted to say good ideas and don't forget art gallery receptions.

The problem is that some people are in their own way ingenious or too different to really connect with anyone for very long periods of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Sorry, I didn't say it would be easy. But nothing worth having is. Getting an education wasn't easy, but you stuck it out and succeeded at it. Having a great relationship will be work, too but if you keep at it, like your education you will be successful. Think about it: how many times did you want to quit school?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarqueseGilmore View Post
Its easier said than done....trust I've been to libraries,museums,wine tasting parties,ONLINE...........sigh

Old 01-05-2009, 04:39 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarqueseGilmore View Post
MarquesGilmore: attractive, classy, intelligent Black women are everywhere. We go biking at the beach, we workout at the gym in nicer areas, we grocery shop at Traders Joes or Whole Foods, we attend charity events, we go jogging in nicer areas, we attend church, we sometimes belong to sororities and attend their functions(AKA or Delta), we belong to many Black Professionals organizations (ie Black attorneys, Black Realtors, etc), we belong to Black travel clubs, we attend graduate school, we attend art gallery artist openings, we meet friends for drinks or dinner after work in great restaurants, we play tennis on Saturdays, we take golf lessons on Sundays, we walk our dogs in our nicer neighborhoods, we go to independent film festivals, we go to jazz clubs, etc, etc.... we are everywhere!

Old 01-05-2009, 06:42 AM

3,975 posts, read 7,693,361 times
awesome post "cali"!! I am a black female, and I like to do all of the things you mention. I date interacially, however, so I see an abundance of white men at these functions as well.
If the OP is looking to meet a high quality black woman, he definately needs to venture to these places!
Don't forget sporting events!

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
MarquesGilmore: attractive, classy, intelligent Black women are everywhere. We go biking at the beach, we workout at the gym in nicer areas, we grocery shop at Traders Joes or Whole Foods, we attend charity events, we go jogging in nicer areas, we attend church, we sometimes belong to sororities and attend their functions(AKA or Delta), we belong to many Black Professionals organizations (ie Black attorneys, Black Realtors, etc), we belong to Black travel clubs, we attend graduate school, we attend art gallery artist openings, we meet friends for drinks or dinner after work in great restaurants, we play tennis on Saturdays, we take golf lessons on Sundays, we walk our dogs in our nicer neighborhoods, we go to independent film festivals, we go to jazz clubs, etc, etc.... we are everywhere!

Old 01-05-2009, 10:13 AM

12,962 posts, read 13,676,205 times
I think its risky to date a white person just because of their race , Thats Racist,

Old 01-05-2009, 10:23 AM

3,975 posts, read 7,693,361 times
who are you addressing? or is this a general comment? I don't date white men "just to date them", I happen to be more attracted to white men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I think its risky to date a white person just because of their race , Thats Racist,

Old 01-05-2009, 10:42 AM

12,962 posts, read 13,676,205 times
Any body who selects their date by the color of their skin, "and not the content of their character" is a racist
I think people do expect something different in a relationship with another race , that difference might be only a difference in class or socio-economics, but they attach race to that difference,

Old 01-05-2009, 10:50 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Wow, if I werent married Id be hooking up with you because you are exaclty what I would be looking for. Except for the church part.

OP should move to LA and hook up with you. But based on your post, you probably are already dating a Laker or some big time Hollywood actor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships