Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 08:17 PM

81 posts, read 261,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrown17 View Post
Here we go again. Why is it that every time a Black man expresses an interest in interracial dating, he has to bash Black women in the process? It's really beyond tired. Not every Black woman is confrontational and bitchy, and not every non-Black woman is passive and submissive. You are in for a world of hurt if you think that.

Deep down inside, many Black mens' reasons for wanting to step outside the race has nothing to do with Black women. They'll talk about "sisters attitudes," but that's bull. The real reason is not politically correct to state aloud. No one is going to say, "I'm a self-hating, colorstruck Negro who uses other races' women to elevate my social status." Not saying this is you, but this is generally what I've found.

Your problem is not Black women. Your problem is why do you continue to attract and stay in relationships with drama-filled people?

I know this sounds harsh, but I think you need to be honest with yourself as a person and why you feel that interracial relationships are the answer. Good luck with whatever you do, it's your life.
Good One! You worded that perfectly. That was my first thought. Any women he's with will BRING THE DRAMA if it's necessary. Sounds like he won't be able to handle a STRONG woman no matter what color she is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2009, 08:43 PM

3,085 posts, read 5,238,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
Well, I don't think that you are wrong per say, because I'm a black female who prefer's to not date black men anymore. The black men that I have dated were very closed minded to doing new things, so I prefer to date other races.

I love to try new things like surf and most black men are not even going there. I love black men and what they stand for, there just not for me.

So, do you as long as you are happy.
Ironically, the very black men and women who prefer to date other races are likely to have the most in common with each other.

Old 06-05-2009, 09:23 PM

1,639 posts, read 5,099,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latrice McCullough View Post
Good One! You worded that perfectly. That was my first thought. Any women he's with will BRING THE DRAMA if it's necessary. Sounds like he won't be able to handle a STRONG woman no matter what color she is.
I agree. OP might be better off wiyh a mail order bride.

Old 06-05-2009, 09:29 PM

542 posts, read 1,099,378 times
Default Am I wrong?

I'm a black woman who dates outside of her race. I find black men attractive, but extremly egotistical, disrespectful and usually non-productive. They always put on this act that they're tough, and well-endowed. It gets annoying. It almost seems as if they hate women and only date them just so they can get laid. They don't actually date women b/c they never want to take you anywhere and if you want them to, then you're a gold-digger. It seems to be all about sex w/them. They think if they're good in bed, they don't have to deliver in any other way. They go out of their way to hurt you and then brag about it to their friends no matter how old they are b/c they are so insecure, that they have to hurt women to feel good about themselves. They especially have an aversion to women who are doing well, who like themselves and who have an opinion and they usually try to break these women down.

Marques Gilmore, am i wrong?

Old 06-05-2009, 09:37 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,375,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarqueseGilmore View Post
You know what it is and I came to a realization........I felt under-appreciated by my black women! They say theres a shortage of Black men and I'm not trying to toot my horn but I'm one of the good ones......Never been to jail,Self sufficient,No kids,Independant........and I felt like I was looked over by my black women. I've had several black women tell me I was too nice and they like thugs. So I wanted to try another race that'd appreciate a good black man. I'm actually still single and at this point I'm focused on my career and not women so much.......
I'm wondering where you are looking for women? In my experience I've noticed that the "good" black men usually end up with hood rats and the "good" black women somehow end up with the hood rat's baby daddy. Don't know how it happens but I don't think the issue was the race of the women you were dating but the type of the women you were dating.

Old 06-06-2009, 10:20 AM

1,863 posts, read 4,299,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeNYCer View Post
I'm a black woman who dates outside of her race. I find black men attractive, but extremly egotistical, disrespectful and usually non-productive. They always put on this act that they're tough, and well-endowed. It gets annoying. It almost seems as if they hate women and only date them just so they can get laid. They don't actually date women b/c they never want to take you anywhere and if you want them to, then you're a gold-digger. It seems to be all about sex w/them. They think if they're good in bed, they don't have to deliver in any other way. They go out of their way to hurt you and then brag about it to their friends no matter how old they are b/c they are so insecure, that they have to hurt women to feel good about themselves. They especially have an aversion to women who are doing well, who like themselves and who have an opinion and they usually try to break these women down.

Just out of curiosity- how many men have you dated that act this way?

Old 06-06-2009, 10:45 AM

81 posts, read 261,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeNYCer View Post

Sounds like you've been really hurt by a MAN. The description in your post could be any ole man. All races have that kind.you're not thinking "the reason you're not experiencing that type of treatment cause you don't date black men"? I'm married now but in the past I dated a white guy and he was a dog. He was exactly what you described. I also talk to my white friends. We all talk about our relationships and hell some of their WHITE men are pitiful. A worthless, dog is a worthless dog no matter what color. But hey date who you want.just don't group the good black men out there with the bad ones. And don't group the bad white men with the good ones. Or whatever races you're referring to that has "I'm a Good man" in their blood.

Old 06-06-2009, 12:03 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,544,998 times
Don't date beneath yourself, no matter what their background is. If your preference is for Black women, find a decent Black woman. You truly are hanging in the wrong circles if you are encountering the same drama over and over. If you are attracted to women outside of your race, give it a shot. There is no rule that states you should date Black women because you are Black. That whole betraying your race junk is nonsense to me. You don't owe anyone anything.

Old 06-09-2009, 09:00 PM

27 posts, read 61,510 times
You should do want you want to. If you're attracted to all races, then just make yourself available to every type of woman (no matter the race) and see what happens.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:26 PM

3,065 posts, read 8,898,569 times
I guess it's b/c I was a TCK ( Third Culture Kids - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) of the Mil-Brat variety ( Military brat (U.S. subculture) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ), and in the military myself, but I never realized that this day in age this was such a big internal issue people that you really have to think about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships