Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 08:18 AM

17 posts, read 55,062 times

Advertisements

I know this is a little early, but I like to be prepared with plan in mind before hand. I really want to think of something creative & fun to do for my boyfriend of 2 years on valentines day. I have done a couple exciting things in the past and Im running out of ideas.

I have done a scavenger hunt around town, leaving clues that lead to more clues, that lead to more clues, that lead to a valentines day gift & dinner.

Last year, I rented a hotel room, one of those cheesy ones, with the heart jacuzzi & waterbed, I made a delicious dinner and set up the whole room. Blind folded him, drove him there, and brought him inside to sit down for dinner, wine & a whole lot more. [sure u could imagine]

but after doing these things, I cant just go back to just getting him a giftm going out to dinner and night over.. so i need some help coming up with something creative. Any ideas? What types of creative things have you done for valentines day? or any special occasion?

thanks a lot. =]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2009, 08:23 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,391,972 times
I just have to ask. Did he like the scavenger hunt? And the cheesy room? You went to a lot of thought and money to do these things. Is he that romantic? My man isn't. Bottom line- just give him good sex. It doesn't matter when or where as long as you give it to him. Most men would be ecstatic with that. Give him something sexually that you don't(or maybe) never do. For him that will be memorable.

Happy Valentine's Day.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:26 AM

He really did like the scavenger hunt, all smiles.
And the hotel room, was amazing. I got one of those games that are "for lovers" I thought it would be corny, but it was actually quite interesting. I always give good sex lol, theres not much that I dont do, so I dont know what things I could give in to.
I wouldnt say hes really romantic, but appreciates me going through the trouble of things like that. Sometimes I feel like he should be the one coming up with these things haha, but idk I just like to make stupid occasions such as valentines day, memorable, instead of the type of holiday where its like, oh here we go again, type of deal.
I like it to be fun, and different.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:36 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,153,037 times
To be honest, I don't enjoy all that over-the-top stuff. You're making him work really, really hard. Not to be the boring one here, but what's wrong with a romantic dinner, or something just a little bit different? After all, if he's had a long, hard day before then, he'll think to himself, "You know, I just don't want to go through all this tonight."

Old 01-02-2009, 08:38 AM

3,975 posts, read 7,692,848 times
Does he like sports? is he into anything going on in Feb? maybe you could pretend you don't want to do anything, but get him tickets to a game, then when the time comes, you could say, oh by the way, we're going to this game tonight? you could make it more of a surprise and take a cab you've pre-arranged to take you guys to the arena?
just a thought!
and since you had such adventurous dates before, I would think a nice evening in would do the trick also.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:39 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,391,972 times
Ok glad to know you both like these things and you give him what he wants.

Have you done the meeting at a bar/club wearing a wig, different makeup, something really sexy? Pretend you don't know him and pick him up and take him home for a wild "one night stand".

Are you in a warm climate? Rent a boat, take him out, and do the wild thing.

Keep the ideas coming. This could be fun.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
To be honest, I don't enjoy all that over-the-top stuff. You're making him work really, really hard. Not to be the boring one here, but what's wrong with a romantic dinner, or something just a little bit different? After all, if he's had a long, hard day before then, he'll think to himself, "You know, I just don't want to go through all this tonight."
I dont think I made him work very hard at all. I do all the cooking, I do all the cleaning, I do all the planning. All he has to do is relax. The scavenger hunt was a little bit of work for him, but he really enjoyed it, he made sure to tell all his friends about it. He just had to find clues long enough for me to cook dinner.

We dont get a lot of time together, since we both work full time, and i go to school at night, hes in an active band, so sometimes i dont even see him on the weekends. We live together, so when we are home its always a quiet night in, with dinner & movies, thats all we ever do together, and thats why I want it to be something exciting and fun. As far as sports, not so much, more of a concert goer..maybe i will look into concert schedules.
thanks. =]

Old 01-02-2009, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post

Have you done the meeting at a bar/club wearing a wig, different makeup, something really sexy? Pretend you don't know him and pick him up and take him home for a wild "one night stand".
haha i love that! but idk if i could pull it off.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post

Are you in a warm climate? Rent a boat, take him out, and do the wild thing.
oh and no, im from ct, so generally its not that warm.

Old 01-02-2009, 10:26 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Isn't it time for HIM to do something...? I'd say it already WAS time last year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships