Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 08:56 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,249,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Sh*t, I don't know. Oh, wait - I think it was Connect. My husband just got home and needs to get on this computer so I had to end my game. I play pretty much all the Mahjongg games on there. You'll see my name Ballroom Diva on there because I win a lot and when I don't win I have to get in there and try to win!

Anyway, I have to use his computer now cuz mine has viruses. So after he's off I'll get back on.
That's ok. my percocet is kicking in and I am going to keep away from games that take any thought
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2009, 08:57 PM

616 posts, read 1,162,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
No, even without alcohol you should feel that way Where are you playing Mah Jong??? I am laid up with a bad leg and have nothing but time...

Well, I've been sitting around all day with the creeping crud-snot in the throat with headache-computing away. Dog gone it, I knew I should have grabbed a wet wipe near the entrance of the Super Wal-mart before punching in my pen number and then going to the local hamburger joint drive through window for a quick, shove-a-hamburger-and-some-fries-down-my throat-to-keep-the-old-blood-sugar-from-plummeting-to-the-fatal-zone, dinner a week ago!! LOL! Could have been the dirty change come to think of it. Or maybe I somehow ticked off the server and she sneezed on my food-ew!

Old 01-02-2009, 08:58 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,249,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Heartless View Post
Well, I've been sitting around all day with the creeping crud-snot in the throat with headache-computing away. Dog gone it, I knew I should have grabbed a wet wipe near the entrance of the Super Wal-mart before punching in my pen number!!
Aren't we the gruesome twosome?? Sorry about your cold/creeping crud...stinks, huh? Bourbon, honey and lemon always does the job for me

Old 01-02-2009, 09:12 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,233,609 times
I'd take the nice and dumb if it had to be that way, but I've not noticed that dumb people are any nicer than smart ones.

I don't mind wine tasters either, as long as they don't spit.

Old 01-02-2009, 09:16 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,153,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
When dealing with people in your daily lives, what personality types do you prefer. The "smart" type of person but can sometimes be pompous and know it all or the not so smart person but are generally nicer and kinder.

I think sometime we put too much emphasis on someone intelligence to the point of overlooking that persons flaws.

I think personally, I'd take the nice person who may not be the brightest bulb.

The world has a lot of smart people, we need some nicer ones.
Depends on what you need and when. I think I'll take the smart and pompous neurosurgeon. If however, I'm going sailing, I'd rather have the nice numbskull--as long as he can tie his knots.

Old 01-02-2009, 09:27 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,132,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
When dealing with people in your daily lives, what personality types do you prefer. The "smart" type of person but can sometimes be pompous and know it all or the not so smart person but are generally nicer and kinder.

I think sometime we put too much emphasis on someone intelligence to the point of overlooking that persons flaws.

I think personally, I'd take the nice person who may not be the brightest bulb.

The world has a lot of smart people, we need some nicer ones.
Well call me condescending but I rather like stupid people. Not only do they make me appear way smarter than I already am, but with stupid people you can kind of kick back and not have to engage quite so much brain power. You can slack off, bring yourself down to their level, intellectually speaking. Sort of take a brain holiday.

Just kidding.

20yrsinBranson

Old 01-02-2009, 09:38 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,035,633 times
Okay, I'm back - sort of. He's off the computer, but we gotta eat dinner and watch our tivo'd shows. I'll be back on here a little later but I can't stay up all night as I have to be somewhere kind of early.

Oh, and I'm smart but I act like a dumb*ss most of the time, so you guys should feel pretty comfy with me!

See ya all later!

Old 01-02-2009, 11:08 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,035,633 times
Okay peeps - I'm back on - but for a limited time only. I will be over at thenumber1hangout playing mahjongg for a little while but I'll check in to see what's shakin' here. Then I gotta go to bed.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:32 AM

5,289 posts, read 1,232,972 times
I hope Mahjongg went well Twinkle!

As for the thread. I prefer to be around people that I can hold an intellectual, stimulating conversation with, but not someone that is so intellectual they seem to speak in a different language. Just because you have a large vocabulary and know a lot of things, doesn't mean you have to show off all the time.

Old 01-03-2009, 01:33 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,473,505 times
Not so smart but nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships