Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 04:40 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,278,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
I know height is a non negotiable demand for most women, but what about weight? I see many very fit women (I mean hot) with fat guys. Does this mean a woman's attraction is not much affected by a man's weight? Is it rational to assume that a woman's attraction for a man is driven primarily by height and a man's attraction to a woman her weight?
If he has money, he aint fat.

Old 11-02-2014, 04:52 AM

39,220 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
I know height is a non negotiable demand for most women, but what about weight? I see many very fit women (I mean hot) with fat guys. Does this mean a woman's attraction is not much affected by a man's weight? Is it rational to assume that a woman's attraction for a man is driven primarily by height and a man's attraction to a woman her weight?
Perhaps the fit women find fat men attractive. lol

I haven't seen much of this kind of combination.

Old 11-02-2014, 05:16 AM

19,426 posts, read 15,240,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
If he has money, he aint fat.
Phat, maybe?

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

I love Kevin James and Jack Black.

Old 11-02-2014, 08:05 AM

1,505 posts, read 1,810,323 times
A lot of women can look beyond size and look at the person for whom he is; how he treats/respects her and other people, and overall compatibility. The athletic, tall dark and handsome man who treats his woman badly becomes very ugly and unattractive. My ex was tall and handsome and presented like he loved me, but underneath he was mean, passive aggressive and controlling. Now I wonder what in the world I initially saw in him. I am not saying that all good looking men are not good. I am only saying that mature women realize that a man is about more than his size and how he looks.

Old 11-02-2014, 08:29 AM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,734,569 times
It's funny reading that size is a huge deal, the average height of a woman is 5 ft, so if you're a guy you will almost always be taller than the average woman.

I have never encountered a huge man with a fit woman, but I have seen very old men with super young women, that is when you know it's about green.

Old 11-02-2014, 08:37 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,177,908 times
What a double standard.

So it's labeled "fit" women with fat guys?
But when it's in reverse it's "average" guys with "curvy" women?
No one says that they're with fat chicks.....hmmmm
I see how it's always worded to compliment the women, & kinda diss the men.

Btw, big men are cuddly.

Old 11-02-2014, 08:41 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,101 times
I had a friend (overweight, not into fitness at all) who married a fitness instructor, personal trainer. They are like Mutt and Jeff (so much so they started a blog about it). He's a great guy.. funny, smart, personable. So I guess that's what she sees in him. I am curious, but I know it would be rude to ask, "you are so fit, why did you marry him?" But I wouldn't say it's common that this happens and more than it's common for a super fit guy to date an overweight woman.

Myself, I am in shape... I am a good weight for my height (BMI-wise I am "normal"). I eat healthy and work out every day. But I am not a fitness person. I exercise because I have to, not because I want to. I tend to prefer slightly overweight men out because I've found that really fit guys can be a bit fanatical about things (not, not obese... overweight). Some people are almost "religious" about fitness and in the same way someone trying to convert you to their religion can be annoying, someone trying to "convert" you to their brand of fitness can be equally annoying.

An example of a critical guy... I trained for a 5k once with a guy and he was a marathon runner. He was so critical of how I ran, my gait, being too slow, wearing the wrong shoes, etc, etc, when it came time for the race, I was glad he was in a marathon and I was in the 5k alone. So I learned though error that, that "type" is not my cup of tea. And yes, I also know that all fitness guys aren't jerks or critical--but it made an impression on me. So when I did OLD (for example) if I saw a guy whose life seemed to totally center around fitness, working out, and his body... it made me disinterested.

Mind you, it's a preference... not an "I only date overweight guys." I just don't feel any sort of "pressure" about eating and working out with them is all. If I decide to eat ice cream, I don't get "the look." So I guess you can say it's in my own head and bigger guys are a bit of a security blanket for me. And like someone said... they are cuddly. Of course, I know that's not necessarily true and I could run into an overweight guy like my running pal. And when I did OLD if a guy looked fit (but didn't endless talk about fitness in his profile), I didn't have the same negative reaction. But so far, I haven't been let down by my bias of fit guy vs a little overweight guy. Plus, I tend to like guys 40+... and most seem to have a little extra padding anyway.

Last edited by jillabean; 11-02-2014 at 08:59 AM..

Old 11-02-2014, 08:42 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
The more and more I go through life the less and less physique matters.

Old 11-02-2014, 08:43 AM

1,505 posts, read 1,810,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
What a double standard.

So it's labeled "fit" women with fat guys?
But when it's in reverse it's "average" guys with "curvy" women?
No one says that they're with fat chicks.....hmmmm
I see how it's always worded to compliment the women, & kinda diss the men.

Btw, big men are cuddly.

Right!!!

Old 11-02-2014, 12:51 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,414,746 times
people really need to lay off on all these stereotypes that fit women who date overweight men are in it for the money.. if I met a guy like Kevin James, I'd be all over him even if he didn't have the dinero.. he's sweet, funny, seems like a kind courteous person.. why not?

foolish to pass up on a great opportunity to meet someone with a heart in world full of phonies of pretentious FAKES. I hate how people can be so narrow-minded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships