Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2009, 05:16 PM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 3,358,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
How rude. I do not understand why you would be "uncomfortable" ?? Provide information in regards to that.
Because even though being gay is more accepted nowadays its for one not as accepted in the black community as it is white and for two I wouldnt want my child to have to go through dealing with the crazies who think its wrong and may want to harm him or her for who they are.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:23 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,593,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
On another board there was a discussion about a little boy (about 6 I think), who had strong feminine characteristics. He likes to play with dolls, likes pink, wants to get both ears pierced, etc.

I made the comment that the mom needs to teach her son how to be a man or he might turn out to be gay. Lots of people took serious offense to this and said.... "Whats wrong with being gay?????"

Well, truly, there is nothing WRONG with it. But if I had a son...I would not want him to be gay. Mostly because I think that Gay people have a lot of prejudice against them and have to deal with a lot of krap from the rest of the world. To me life is just much eaiser for non-gay people in this day and age.

I am wondering. Do you think it is ok to be Gay? If you had a kid, would you care if he/she turned out gay or not?

20yrsinBranson
I'm a parent of two grown boys. The oldest liked to play with dolls when he was little. I read in a book (yes I read in a book) that boys who play with dolls will become more sensitive to a woman's needs as an adult and have a better relationship with their children. So, I didn't worry about it. Also I noticed as he got older, he liked to play with the little girls who also liked it that he played with their dolls with them. Little girls were actually drawn to my little boy, now should I be worried? He's 23 and single.

I think we worry to much and we can't leave well enough alone.

As for as being Gay--- what ever floats your boat. Personally not for me.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:23 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
True, black people generally don't like gays. Isn't that right?? Can you say more about how blacks view gay people??

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBF View Post
Because even though being gay is more accepted nowadays its for one not as accepted in the black community as it is white and for two I wouldnt want my child to have to go through dealing with the crazies who think its wrong and may want to harm him or her for who they are.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:25 PM
YBF

Quote:
True, black people generally don't like gays. Isn't that right?? Can you say more about how blacks view gay people??
Its not that black ppl dont like gays its just not as accepted. I dont really know why or can explain it but thats how it is.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:26 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,593,334 times
Quote:
I work with a gay black man and I met his gay black lover. In 1982 gay black males lived neighboring to us. So it is not as accepted, these guys must have it tough.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:27 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,249,698 times
OK, I may be shot after I post this, but here I go...

Why does it matter if someone is gay or not? Happiness is everyone's goal in life and no one is going to take the same path to achieve their goals. The fact that any one would have issue with another persons healthy relationship is foreign to me.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:29 PM

You so contradict yourself !! To not accept is to dislike.

Quote:
Its not that black ppl dont like gays its just not as accepted. I dont really know why or can explain it but thats how it is.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:30 PM

Well you are lucky I'm in a very good mood. Otherwise I'd have to report your liberal loving post to the moderators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post

Why does it matter if someone is gay or not? Happiness is everyone's goal in life and no one is going to take the same path to achieve their goals. The fact that any one would have issue with another persons healthy relationship is foreign to me.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:31 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,249,698 times
Quote:
Well you are lucky I'm in a very good mood. Otherwise I'd have to report your liberal loving post to the moderators.
You are so crazy...

Old 01-06-2009, 05:32 PM
YBF

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post

It shouldnt matter but in reality everything matters......its matters if you are black or white....if you are black it matters if you are light, dark, or fair skinned, it matters of you are fat or skinny, it matters where you're from (the hood or surburbia), how much money you have, you credit score.....everything matters in some way, shape, or form. Ppl may not want to admit it or like it but it matters. All you can do is take what you got and work it the best you can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships