Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 04:14 AM

4,250 posts, read 10,449,860 times

Advertisements

I am new to this whole thing and registered on one site. There is this guy I spoke to a few times on the phone, arranged to meet, then I told him it wasn't the right time for me to meet someone so I cancelled. This is true (it isn't the right time), but I've left my profile up there for fun and just to see who comes along. Maybe in a month I will feel like I can meet someone. However, this guy would not be my type, even in a month and especially after the following.

Anyway, this guy sent me an email saying "I THOUGHT YOU WERE THROUGH WITH THIS!". I sent him one back saying that just because it's not the right time for me to meet someone doesn't mean I have to take my profile down. Since this time he has called me once, left no message, and sent me about five more emails, which I've deleted without reading, except for one which was just "?". Ugh. I just got another one from him and deleted it. Anyway, if he calls me again I think I am going to report him. But is this kind of behavior "normal" on a dating site? I mean, I never even met the guy. I've broken up with guys and never talked with them again! Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 04:51 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,900,220 times
Power to you for even putting up a profile.

It's because of crap like that I have never bothered and can't see myself bothering in the future either.

Can you report him to the site moderators?

Although he sounds very NQR, that might just enrage him.

It's not normal behaviour, that's for sure.

Old 01-06-2009, 04:54 AM

1,843 posts, read 2,370,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
I am new to this whole thing and registered on one site. There is this guy I spoke to a few times on the phone, arranged to meet, then I told him it wasn't the right time for me to meet someone so I cancelled. This is true (it isn't the right time), but I've left my profile up there for fun and just to see who comes along. Maybe in a month I will feel like I can meet someone. However, this guy would not be my type, even in a month and especially after the following.

Anyway, this guy sent me an email saying "I THOUGHT YOU WERE THROUGH WITH THIS!". I sent him one back saying that just because it's not the right time for me to meet someone doesn't mean I have to take my profile down. Since this time he has called me once, left no message, and sent me about five more emails, which I've deleted without reading, except for one which was just "?". Ugh. I just got another one from him and deleted it. Anyway, if he calls me again I think I am going to report him. But is this kind of behavior "normal" on a dating site? I mean, I never even met the guy. I've broken up with guys and never talked with them again! Thanks in advance.

Big mistake giving out your phone nymber to someone you don't know better than that.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatchance2005 View Post
Big mistake giving out your phone nymber to someone you don't know better than that.
Yeah, one lives and learns. I already did a reverse address number search and it's not my address that comes up, so even if the guy is a stalker, he won't find me. Doesn't know my last name (I hope). Even if he did, I am not listed anywhere. I guess I will just keep ignoring him and hope he goes away.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Power to you for even putting up a profile.

It's because of crap like that I have never bothered and can't see myself bothering in the future either.

Can you report him to the site moderators?

Although he sounds very NQR, that might just enrage him.

It's not normal behaviour, that's for sure.
Yeah, I don't want to enrage him. He a mafioso type guy - identifies with be "Italian" and from Chicago and knowing "people." Ugh! BTW, what is NQR? Not quite right? Can you imagine what a nightmare it would be if I met him IRL?

Last edited by movin'on; 01-06-2009 at 05:15 AM.. Reason: add thought

Old 01-06-2009, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Yeah, I don't want to enrage him. He a mafioso type guy - identifies with be "Italian" and from Chicago and knowing "people." Ugh! BTW, what is NQR? Not quite right?
"Warning!! Warning!!! Danger Will Robinson!!!"

That doesn't sound good at all movin'.

Are you able to express your concerns to the website moderators without them doing something to tip him over?

Oh and I'd be pulling my profile down faster than you could blink. Are you able to block him on the site?

Yeah, NQR is a chain of stores here that sell close to use by date or product over run groceries, but most of us have picked it up as slang for anyone that's a little shall we say, crazy?

Old 01-06-2009, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
"Warning!! Warning!!! Danger Will Robinson!!!"

That doesn't sound good at all movin'.

Are you able to express your concerns to the website moderators without them doing something to tip him over?

Oh and I'd be pulling my profile down faster than you could blink. Are you able to block him on the site?

Yeah, NQR is a chain of stores here that sell close to use by date or product over run groceries, but most of us have picked it up as slang for anyone that's a little shall we say, crazy?
They have one link for block/report someone. I think that would just tick him off more. I am hoping he just goes away. And maybe I will take my profile down and that way he will have "won." Still, why should I have to take down my profile because of some jerk?

Old 01-06-2009, 05:20 AM

616 posts, read 1,162,284 times
Talking A little reverso for the Mafioso

Maybe you could use reverse psychology. You know, call him every few minutes (and e-mail) that you've really fallen madly in love with him and desire to be his wife and have his children. Then, copy and paste some pics of ugly wedding dresses with not the greatest looking models wearing them and ask him about buying a house. Talk a lot about your mother coming over and visiting and wanting grandkids. Also throw in a wide assortment of things males detest and PRESTO! PROBLEMO: El SOLVO

Old 01-06-2009, 05:29 AM

Quote:
They have one link for block/report someone. I think that would just tick him off more. I am hoping he just goes away. And maybe I will take my profile down and that way he will have "won." Still, why should I have to take down my profile because of some jerk?
Well I can see why you'd see it that way but there are other sites and who really needs to be playing with someone like that? Maybe he will just go away. I really hope so for your sake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Heartless View Post
Maybe you could use reverse psychology. You know, call him every few minutes (and e-mail) that you've really fallen madly in love with him and desire to be his wife and have his children. Then, copy and paste some pics of ugly wedding dresses with not the greatest looking models wearing them and ask him about buying a house. Talk a lot about your mother coming over and visiting and wanting grandkids. Also throw in a wide assortment of things males detest and PRESTO! PROBLEMO: El SOLVO
Classic!!!

Old 01-06-2009, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Heartless View Post
LOL, with my luck that would backfire and he'd REALLY be enraged. If he emails me one more time I think I will just tell him "look, I am sorry if you are disappointed, but this would not work out between us. Please stop emailing me."

I once met this guy who called me 11 times over a week (maybe less than a week). I finally had to spell it out to him and he never called me again. And I had met him once IRL and he brought me one-long stemmed rose. Sweet, but weird on a first time coffee meeting. And I met him at a store, so I think there are weirdos everywhere. I just must attract them or not have the "whatever" to pick up on it in advance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships