Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 10:37 AM

3,970 posts, read 7,671,088 times

Advertisements

interesting points, sierra! you're right, but with the hotel thing, I guess when we check in, I like to get going and do stuff, not sit in the room and have sex right away. Of course after the beach or dinner or a day out, then nothing's better than coming back to the room and a shower and fresh sheets and.......well, you know! I think it's more timing with me. There are just a few occassions that I don't want to combine with sex or touch at that particular moment. I guess I'm not explaining it right?

Oh, and I can't miss a big game!! C'mon guys, some of you agree with me on that one, right???!!!??

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
It's hard to give any opinion as the "usual" amount appears to be very different from person to person. And on vacation... what's more delicious than going back to your room after the beach, take a shower, enjoy yourselves and the perfect hotel sheets , and take a nap...

LOL, you're presenting an interesting choice to the guys - sports fan or affection/sex! I'd be very interested to hear how they’re gonna swing on this one! I’d think that’s the one time when sports lose the battle!

Or a husband, opti! You KNOW that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 11:15 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,433,966 times
I think you shouldnt assume that just because he is stroking your arm or holding your hand that it automatically means he wants to have sex. It could be just a sign of affection or he is getting rid of nervousness. Or it could mean "what ya doing after the game?" Maybe you should just say to him that YOU have a hard time concentrating on the game when he is stroking you. That just about any man could understand.

Old 01-06-2009, 11:16 AM

that's a good tip! thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
I think you shouldnt assume that just because he is stroking your arm or holding your hand that it automatically means he wants to have sex. It could be just a sign of affection or he is getting rid of nervousness. Or it could mean "what ya doing after the game?" Maybe you should just say to him that YOU have a hard time concentrating on the game when he is stroking you. That just about any man could understand.

Old 01-06-2009, 11:22 AM

15,639 posts, read 40,936,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
So, I have this dilemma - ladies, what do you do when your guy touches you way too much? what I mean is, I have gone out with a few guys who have just done way too much touching. Example, we could be sitting on the couch, watching tv, and he feels the need to continually stroke my arm, or want to kiss me, or touch me in some way. Most of the time, I want to just watch tv (especially when the game's on!) and enjoy the company, but I don't want to ALWAYS have to be touched. Do any of you feel this way?
I'm sure it's because they like me and that's a nice thing, but it borders on annoying when he has to touch me at all times. How do I politely tell him to not touch/stroke me all the time without sounding like a *b* or that I don't want affection?
Another scenario I encounter is when I have been on vacation with a guy, I don't want to feel like I have to always get intimate just because we get back to the hotel to change for dinner or something like that? Can't we wait until later in the evening for that?
Now, I love affection and romance and sex and all that, don't get me wrong, but c'mon, enough already!! Any tips or thoughts would be appreciated.

(p.s.- these aren't bf's)
Good luck with that! When you find the answer let me know!!!

Old 01-06-2009, 11:36 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,826,587 times
Say "Hey I'm just trying to watch the game" and shrug his advances off with your body. I've done that before.

Old 01-06-2009, 11:41 AM

hmmm...simple and to the point, good! but hope his ego doesn't go out the window!! I just can't be that harsh most of the time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Say "Hey I'm just trying to watch the game" and shrug his advances off with your body. I've done that before.

Old 01-06-2009, 11:42 AM

He'll get over it.

Quote:
hmmm...simple and to the point, good! but hope his ego doesn't go out the window!! I just can't be that harsh most of the time!

Old 01-06-2009, 11:44 AM

42,831 posts, read 87,961,260 times
Quote:
that's a good tip! thanks!
Why do I get the feeling that many seem to perceive affection as a prelude to sex always...?

Old 01-06-2009, 11:46 AM

well, somtimes that's true, but not necessarily in the instances I'm talking about. I am referring to constant touching in non-sexual situations. It's those times, I don't feel like touching all the time or being touched. like watching tv, cooking, or whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Why do I get the feeling that many seem to perceive affection as a prelude to sex always...?

Old 01-06-2009, 11:48 AM

Yes. That is normal for you to feel that way because you are not "in the mood".....

Quote:
well, somtimes that's true, but not necessarily in the instances I'm talking about. I am referring to constant touching in non-sexual situations. It's those times, I don't feel like touching all the time or being touched. like watching tv, cooking, or whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships