Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 01:59 PM

1,833 posts, read 6,425,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadreamer View Post
OMG!!! You just totally made my point for me!!!!
LOL I'm good at that ...

Facts are I've been married over 20 years ...
My wife has habits I don't like ..
I have habit she doesn't like ...
I'm not gonna change.
She's not gonna change.
You learn to deal with them, because if you don't. You'll never have peace and you'll never be happy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2007, 06:03 PM

926 posts, read 1,460,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
OMYGOSH! If it is your brother then it IS a habit.
Naw, I'm not related to dukester3...he and dukester1 are cousins and live about 20 miles from here.

Old 06-04-2007, 08:02 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,899,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post
And women can be ... what? Just wondering.

Women ...
Christmas/Birthday/Holiday Cards are not sentimental, through them away.

Kitchen table is for dinner, not mail. File it or pitch it.

You have enough shoes ... ok.

You have enough clothes ... ok

Don't ask if you don't what to know. It ain't the dress making your butt look big.

If I said I would do it, I'll do it ... stop nagging me. I'll just put it off longer.

Don't ask "What's that suppose to mean?" It's means what I said.

Don't tell me you don't care were we go, then not want to go were I chose to go. Then I ask were you want to go, and you still don't care were we go as long as it's not there ... and repeat.

Pick up your stinking panties.

Ok I'm done now ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post
LOL I'm good at that ...

Facts are I've been married over 20 years ...
My wife has habits I don't like ..
I have habit she doesn't like ...
I'm not gonna change.
She's not gonna change.
You learn to deal with them, because if you don't. You'll never have peace and you'll never be happy.
That's why we're not divorcing over it I guess it's probably just as annoying to ask someone where they want, and not get an answer.

Old 06-04-2007, 08:31 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,220,186 times
Remote freak, and when I hear something I want to watch I will sit down and pop, the channel will change. I laugh, we have more than one tv and he likes tv more than I do. My husband is pretty close to perfect, and the parts that are not perfect are the reason I love him so much.

But don't get me started on the ex.............I blanked out those years anyway.

Old 06-05-2007, 10:18 AM

1,833 posts, read 6,425,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadreamer View Post
That's why we're not divorcing over it I guess it's probably just as annoying to ask someone where they want, and not get an answer.
You are correct Ma'am it is EXTREMELY annoying to ask someone where they want to go and get an "I don't know ... or I don't care ..." they when you pick something all of the sudden they have an opinion.

Here's how it goes ...

Me: What you want for dinner?
Her: I don't care ...
Me: OK, we're going to (Insert any place here)
Her: Oh, I don't want to go there ...
Me: Well, were do you want to go?
Her: I don;t know.

and it's goes on like this until we're driving somewhere and I get aggravated and pull into the first place I see, we're eatin' here ... like it or starve!

Her: Looks nasty.
Me: (runs screaming through traffic pulling out what little hair I have left.)

Ain't marriage grand!

Old 06-05-2007, 10:32 AM

1,182 posts, read 1,429,557 times
OMG! My hubby & I play that game at dinner! Only it's:
Me: What do you want for dinner?
Hubby: I don't know; make anything.
Me: Do you want me to make this?
Hubby: No, we just had this.
Ne: Do you want me to make that?
Hubby: No, we just had that.
Me: Well, then I'll just make the other thing; we haven't had that in a while.
Hubby: I don't want the other thing. I don't like it or it's not what I'm in the mood for.
AAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Old 06-05-2007, 10:41 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,155,259 times
I have a little story. When my EX and I started dating, we would go out to dinner every Friday and dancing every Saturday (all that changed BTW). One Friday, I said "let's go to this outdoor "chic" cafe/restaurant down by Brickell. So we start on our way and he would not, repeat, would not make the left turn I told him to make. He then got so lost, and I was so disoriented from all the wrong turns that somehow we ended up totally out of the area and did start to find our way back to where we started - HOME. We ended up going to this chinese buffet near my house (BIG difference from where we set out to go to) and we were both really pissed.

Long story short. We never, ever in 5.5 yrs of togetherness, went to a Chinese restaurant again NOR did we ever go to the one in Brickell.

Old 06-05-2007, 11:28 AM

942 posts, read 2,583,058 times
Biggest thing that upsets me with my husband; in his opinion he can analyze and see things better than anyone. He always thinks he's right and most of the time he knows what he's talking about but sometimes he's way out there and still thinks he's right.

I have learned to ignore him when he gets this way. I would say he's to judgemental.

Last edited by Pixie Dust; 06-05-2007 at 11:42 AM..

Old 06-05-2007, 11:34 AM

464 posts, read 752,885 times
OMG - Pixie, sounds like my husband. In fact the kids will say "well Dad you know everything", they in fact know this is not true. The guy knows alot I will say, but not everything .

Old 06-05-2007, 08:58 PM

1,005 posts, read 1,889,285 times
I've never been married. Probably because I annoy men.

I haven't had a significant other in over a year. Probably because I annoy men.

I'm not sure if it's my need to play Sid Vicious singing "My Way" followed by Sinatra singing the same - hey, it's F-U-N, fun!

The 87 bottles of hair conditioner I keep within reach in the shower - I need those!

That 1/2-case of Goldwell Icelandic Blonde haircolor bottles underneath the sink - I don't want to run out. What if there's a cyclone & the beauty supply shop blows away!

The 55 bottles of Welsh water I have to keep in the fridge - it's supposed to be cold, sheesh!

My need to eat French fries with tobasco sauce at midnight - sorry, I'm not hungry until midnight

My need to sleep until 11am on weekends - I'm like a teenager when it comes to sleep

My unbearably strong, black coffee that could make a redwood tree limp in an hour - I make Starbucks proud... probably as I spend close to $1K/mo in their stores

My need to laugh out loud & often, no matter where I am - despite the eyerolls & shameful looks from little old ladies

My elevator phobia - okay, got me there

My high-pitched screech at the sight of a spider - please don't tell me I'm the only one who thinks they're enormously scary looking!

Or, the fact that I talk to the neighbor's cats - kittens are people, too!

...but I'm pretty sure, I'm relegated to a hermit's life.

Besides, Al Pacino never returns my phone calls & that's probably the real reason I'll never be married... VV

Last edited by Baltic_Celt; 06-05-2007 at 09:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships