Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2009, 08:38 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times

Advertisements

CEspeed are you one of those old fuddy duddy librarians that spends her weekends alone listening to records on a victrola phonograph? Be honest I promise not to belittle you too much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2009, 08:40 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,114,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
CESpeed, I kind of understand what you are saying (back to original post). Men, women, lover, friends, whatever. People have to bring something to the relationship. And I have met very few men who bring anything to a relationship besides their penis, their mess, and their egos. All day at work, on this forum, with my friends...I get to hear the women lamenting all the time about how their man is actually just another child in their house they have to take care of.

By the same token, though, there are really good men out there who want true partnerships, someone to love and support (and vice versa), and a family. That's bringing a lot to the table, don't you think?
Yes, I do. I think that's what both people should bring to the table. It's the whining about paying for dates that concerns me.

But apparently, (and I quote) "only a punk would complain about paying for dates, it's a part of dating."

And thank you for confirming (along with my friend) that most men don't think about money when they are trying to have a real relationship.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:41 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
You people have finally learned that good relationships are far and few like winning the lottery or the dream job.

Otherwise you have to prepare to compromise and adapt to the man-child mentality or prepare to live alone.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:42 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,114,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
CEspeed are you one of those old fuddy duddy librarians that spends her weekends alone listening to records on a victrola phonograph? Be honest I promise not to belittle you too much

Old 01-12-2009, 09:37 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,423,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Oh, please take it back before you hurt DaBeez's feelings! He's a guy.
Oops!

Old 01-12-2009, 09:59 PM

3,853 posts, read 12,866,277 times
Quote:
After reading several threads with guys complaining about the cost of dating and their refusal to get involved with anyone who doesn't work because they don't want to financially support a woman my thoughts are this: If I have to work and pay all my own bills and take care the house and kids, what do I need a man for?
Sex that is about it. Just like the way men think of women. What are they good for? Sex and that is about it. I can clean my own house, cook for my own food. It isn't exactly rocket science. If I needed someone to do that for me I could easily pay $20/week to have a maid come over. No shortage of maids in this country.

For the successful single male it works great. There is by no means a shortage of young women who are willing to jump into bed hoping that the guy is going fall in love with her, give her some sort of gift, get married to her etc just because she banged him.

Quote:
I'm with you 100%. Bottom line, alot of men dont want to be men anymore. Men used to take pride in being providers and heads of their households. That's rare in today's society. Funny how they want to be the boss but dont want to pay the cost. And even more ironic is how women are constantly falling for this non-sense. Hyped up off the history of the Women's Lib movement and today's "Miss Indepedent" songs...men now see no reason to fulfill their God given roles and responsibilties. BUT they still want to reap the benefits. Sadly, any woman who challenges this is automatically shunned (by men and women alike) as being a gold digger of some sort. It's deception. Don't even get me started...
Well if women weren't constantly gaming the system, collecting alimony, demanding this or that the divorce rate wouldn't be so high and hence, more men would be willing to get married. The courts and laws these days have made marriage nothing but a business deal. Women these days are just looking to see how much they can get from the man. For the man, there is nothing to gain by getting married, so why bother? Being single is the creme de la creme for a man in the dating scene. Sex with whoever he wants, women having to put their best leg forward, always having fun with new people. If any problems arise (like withholding of sex) he can simply move on and find someone new. The age of marriage for a female is about 25. That means the vast majority of women below that age are unmarried and looking to get married. That puts a single man in the driver seat since the woman wants something from the man. If she wants to be in the running she possibly couldn't put up demands like, "No sex until marriage etc." unless the man is weak (poor, criminal etc.). That means the best of the best (best looking, youngest, hottest etc) of women are all single and unmarried. Once they move out of their prime is when they get married.

Any man who gets married is a fool. (unless of course the woman makes substantially more than he does).

Quote:
UNfortunately this leads to them deciding to just do nothing and live in their parents basement playing video games their whole life.
Well that sure sounds better than being enslaved to a sexless marriage and being a workhorse to support 3 kids that you didn't even want in the first place.

Also I'd say it allows them to decide what they really want in life. If playing video games all day makes you happy, then why not pursue that? Instead of something you didn't really want. For me, I've walked out on the idea of marriage, kids etc. I'd rather have a super cool career, nice cars, nice house, and eventually my own business. I am well on my way to achieve those things. Instead of investing my time into a relationship I'd rather put it into my career and education.

Quote:
If love is supposed to be unconditional, then shouldn't it work both ways? The man isn't supposed to "earn" love or have to pay for it either.
haha yup. That whole love = marriage thing is just a scam devised by women to convince guys to get married. For a woman marriage = security, kids and money. Of course they're all for it since the vast majority of women marry up not down (ie. they marry men who make more money than them). When men get divorced their standard of living increases, when women get divorced their standard of living declines.

Last edited by killer2021; 01-12-2009 at 10:23 PM..

Old 01-13-2009, 05:24 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2021 View Post
Sex that is about it. Just like the way men think of women. What are they good for? Sex and that is about it. I can clean my own house, cook for my own food. It isn't exactly rocket science. If I needed someone to do that for me I could easily pay $20/week to have a maid come over. No shortage of maids in this country.

For the successful single male it works great. There is by no means a shortage of young women who are willing to jump into bed hoping that the guy is going fall in love with her, give her some sort of gift, get married to her etc just because she banged him.

Well if women weren't constantly gaming the system, collecting alimony, demanding this or that the divorce rate wouldn't be so high and hence, more men would be willing to get married. The courts and laws these days have made marriage nothing but a business deal. Women these days are just looking to see how much they can get from the man. For the man, there is nothing to gain by getting married, so why bother? Being single is the creme de la creme for a man in the dating scene. Sex with whoever he wants, women having to put their best leg forward, always having fun with new people. If any problems arise (like withholding of sex) he can simply move on and find someone new. The age of marriage for a female is about 25. That means the vast majority of women below that age are unmarried and looking to get married. That puts a single man in the driver seat since the woman wants something from the man. If she wants to be in the running she possibly couldn't put up demands like, "No sex until marriage etc." unless the man is weak (poor, criminal etc.). That means the best of the best (best looking, youngest, hottest etc) of women are all single and unmarried. Once they move out of their prime is when they get married.

Any man who gets married is a fool. (unless of course the woman makes substantially more than he does).

Well that sure sounds better than being enslaved to a sexless marriage and being a workhorse to support 3 kids that you didn't even want in the first place.

Also I'd say it allows them to decide what they really want in life. If playing video games all day makes you happy, then why not pursue that? Instead of something you didn't really want. For me, I've walked out on the idea of marriage, kids etc. I'd rather have a super cool career, nice cars, nice house, and eventually my own business. I am well on my way to achieve those things. Instead of investing my time into a relationship I'd rather put it into my career and education.

haha yup. That whole love = marriage thing is just a scam devised by women to convince guys to get married. For a woman marriage = security, kids and money. Of course they're all for it since the vast majority of women marry up not down (ie. they marry men who make more money than them). When men get divorced their standard of living increases, when women get divorced their standard of living declines.
If you aren't a troll and really believe all this crap, I feel truly sorry for you.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:52 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
If I needed someone to do that for me I could easily pay $20/week to have a maid come over. No shortage of maids in this country.

Um, can you please tell me where you found a maid for $20? We'd love to know and hire 'em.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:54 AM

13,784 posts, read 26,249,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
If I needed someone to do that for me I could easily pay $20/week to have a maid come over. No shortage of maids in this country.

Um, can you please tell me where you found a maid for $20? We'd love to know and hire 'em.
Pass the name of the maid on to me as well $20 bucks??

Old 01-13-2009, 08:56 AM

2,412 posts, read 5,083,846 times
Rehab girls in halfway house situations are always willing to take on things like housecleaning chores for cigarrette money.....I've heard...lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships