Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 05:42 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,861,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
Right here my friend. I stopped bringing things up a loooooooooong time ago. It’s just easier that way.

He has his say and I can’t bring anything up again without being accused of “picking a fight” or “being dramatic”.

Of course this causes a lot of resentment to build up inside of me but that’s another story.

yeah VG because if you keep avoiding things because it will keep the peace then one day you will snap on him. I really think you should take a break from him and see where you want to go in life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2010, 12:15 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFOR View Post
Anybody married to someone who is never wrong (in their mind).

My wife is someone who thinks she is never wrong. Everything gets twisted back to me. So I am to the point where I don't even bring anything up anymore.

It is not my nature to argue. and not a very good arguer anyway. So it just builds up, and that isn't healthy.

If you are in this situation, how the heck do you handle someone like this. Issues need to be discussed, not twisted.
Dave? Honey, is that you? Look, we'll talk about this at dinner tonight.

Old 12-09-2010, 12:28 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,861,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Dave? Honey, is that you? Look, we'll talk about this at dinner tonight.

Old 12-09-2010, 07:31 PM

2,119 posts, read 4,167,686 times
for real!

Old 12-09-2010, 07:37 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Some people who are all like, "You are always right! You're never wrong!" (sarcasm) are sometimes the kind of people who are really hard to live with because they really are always screwing sh*t up all the time. Like my ex.

Strangely, my wife (who doesn't f things up constantly because she's a responsible GROWN UP) has never said that to me once.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:45 PM

1 posts, read 2,283 times
Uber Wolf, I was amazed to find this comment here. I just came from lunch where I was in this same situation. When we met my husband was a totally different person. I am with you no matter what I do...It is not right or it turns into my fault. I am not sure how to deal with it but I am on the edge of leaving. Tired of keeping my gaurd up all the time. I know ther people that have relatives like this and so far they just end up alone and being tolorated. Any Ideas I am open to them?

Old 01-12-2011, 10:16 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,119,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC JC Mom View Post
My husbands the same we've been together for over 14 years and I could count the number of times he's ever apologized... depending on the situation I sometime let him believe he's right and still do what I have to do... then other times I have to make him see my point . and then there's those very rare occasions that he's right .

The only thing to do is talk about it- no one ever said two individuals with thier own minds and feeling where going to agree on every point...
No one should overlook this fault in someone. I'm sorry but any woman who refuses to admit fault is not human. I don't, and no one likes a knowitall.

Old 01-13-2011, 12:25 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,826,650 times
This thread reminds me of the Family Guy episode where Lois tells Peter he's right and Peter goes "Oh my god! Finally I get to do this!" and he pulls an invisible string and a sign saying "I'm right" comes into view with confetti and music. And then Peter was says "where's the clown?" and the skeleton of the clown with the colorful hair falls down and Peter goes "oh there he is..."

Gawd I really need to quit watching Family Guy episodes.

Old 01-13-2011, 01:28 AM

3,485 posts, read 7,309,853 times
I dunno, ask my husband.

Old 01-13-2011, 01:43 AM

7,309 posts, read 9,322,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Well.

My husband is very much like this, but he aims his negative comments at other people and not me. Other people are always wrong, stupid, incompetent, inefficient.....whenever he makes a mistake it is always someone else's fault.

It's annoying sometimes but just like everything else, you get used to it. Keeping a sense of humor helps.

As for your situation, I don't have much advice. Sorry.

20yrsinBranson
Well.

We might have a case of bigamy here. I have the same husband.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships