U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 05:59 PM

788 posts, read 1,119,222 times

Advertisements

Anybody married to someone who is never wrong (in their mind).

My wife is someone who thinks she is never wrong. Everything gets twisted back to me. So I am to the point where I don't even bring anything up anymore.

It is not my nature to argue. and not a very good arguer anyway. So it just builds up, and that isn't healthy.

If you are in this situation, how the heck do you handle someone like this. Issues need to be discussed, not twisted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 06:07 PM

13,779 posts, read 17,069,691 times
I am not married to someone this way but I have a friend who was and she found going to Amaga therapy halped her marriage tremendously. It is based on "mirroring", is my understanding.

I really feel for you...hopefully you can work through this!

Old 01-08-2009, 06:10 PM

4,377 posts, read 7,285,371 times
Thumbs down Bummer

I feel sorry for anyone to be married to someone who thinks they know it all. The most dangerous person one can ever come across is one who cannot admit fault.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:12 PM

2,412 posts, read 3,078,288 times
I was married to this person. EVERYTHING ABOUT ME WAS WRONG, AND SHE WAS PERFECT.

"We never talk!" so you try..."you talk too much" after awhile you stop trying, and guess what? THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT SHE WANTS! Why do I say that? Because, it's not natural for a woman to not want to talk, unless she has reasons! Reason being 99-100, she's engaged in fun conversation with somebody else, a lot.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:13 PM

25,169 posts, read 34,498,973 times
I'm one of those that tries to negotiate and understand. If that doesn't happen then it is a full on intellectual debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFOR View Post

My wife is someone who thinks she is never wrong. Everything gets twisted back to me. So I am to the point where I don't even bring anything up anymore.

It is not my nature to argue. and not a very good arguer anyway. So it just builds up, and that isn't healthy.

If you are in this situation, how the heck do you handle someone like this. Issues need to be discussed, not twisted.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:15 PM

212 posts, read 535,307 times
Quote:

Lol, i share a house with someone who is like this. I am not confrontational but at first I would point out the facts and show how she is wrong and how i am clearly right, yet I still turned out to be Wrong! I dont agrue anymore either and recently I have stated kick boxing to let out my fustration. Before that I would go outside and have a scream! The neighbours think Im mad lol

Old 01-08-2009, 06:22 PM
Status: "A Rougarou in a Subaru doing the Electric Bugaloo" (set 2 days ago)

15,242 posts, read 25,575,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Too-Much-Too-Young View Post
Lol, i share a house with someone who is like this. I am not confrontational but at first I would point out the facts and show how she is wrong and how i am clearly right, yet I still turned out to be Wrong! I dont agrue anymore either and recently I have stated kick boxing to let out my fustration. Before that I would go outside and have a scream! The neighbours think Im mad lol
Perhaps that kickboxing will come in handy next time she pulls her crap!

Old 01-08-2009, 06:25 PM

2,336 posts, read 4,087,697 times
Quote:

What exactly is she doing/saying? Is she deflecting or not acknowledging your concerns or???

Old 01-08-2009, 06:27 PM

329 posts, read 487,942 times
What were you thinking when you married her? Did you think she would eventually figure out she's wrong?

Seriously, you might want to consider marital counseling.

Old 01-08-2009, 07:19 PM

5,503 posts, read 14,111,674 times
Why did you marry her? If you are sneaking into the other room to post negative comments about your spouse on city-data, well that is not a good sign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships