Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 05:19 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times

Advertisements

Ok, for one she could not be racist because she is not in a seat of power to control any aspect of your life. Secondly, I can concur with many other people in saying that [mod cut] are not true black (or any other race of people) they are simply ignorant/stupid/lazy people. I for one as a blackman do not want to be around them either and take offense to be called one irregardless if they are black or white. Finally, if she was turned off by your "casual wear" she really did not know you all that well b/c she judged you based on what you were wearing in the first place

Last edited by mrstewart; 03-22-2009 at 09:23 AM.. Reason: racist verbage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2009, 05:26 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times
Jeff, that may be fine and dandy for awhile but if you (I assume) are not prejuiced and have black friends would you never bring your girlfriend around them? would'nt that be awkward?

Old 03-21-2009, 07:15 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Well, when I was in New Orleans I found out racism doesn't go only in the traditional direction...

Old 03-21-2009, 08:47 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,183,415 times
No, never. I like women of all races waaay to much to be a racist. Not to mention people are just people once you get past the exterior.

Old 03-21-2009, 08:52 PM

378 posts, read 626,305 times
Lol, back in the 40's and 50's and even 60's, everyone dated a racist. Racist views were the norm back in the day in the U.S. It's actually fairly recent that the government and media started promoting multiculturalism and diversity.

Old 03-21-2009, 09:34 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,299,621 times
Are you sure it wasn't more of a cultural thing than a race thing? And what I mean is that your style of dress probably represents bad taste and lack of culture to her. Or perhaps it rings 'gangs' in her mind. Or maybe she just can't stand the look, Period. Whatever it is, you didn't measure up to the initial impressions you gave her.

Me, I can't stand the baggy cut-offs that guys have been wearing for the last couple of decades. I think they look like dorks. And I still don't like buzz-cuts. But those are just "tastes".

Really, I think she simply ended up confused and distrusting. Did she work through it? I noticed how old this thread is. So if you're still out there checking this out, do let us know.

Old 03-22-2009, 09:15 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,780,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenourtv View Post
I once fell in love with this beautiful Latina woman. It was my last year in HS, I was college bound and I usually dressed nice in the classroom, appeared articulate, and spoke eloquently. It appeared as if she liked me for who I was, but after these years maybe she liked me from what she saw in the classroom. It was going really well until one day I was was hanging around with some of my peeps and we were just cracking jokes at people on the streets and I believe she saw me. She said you don't have to dress like that, it is stupid.

Then one day I was dressing you know with the baggy pants and the backwards cap, (I like dressing like that in my neighborhood in Chicago)around some of her friends and throughout the moment she did not look comfortable from the start. After that event she did not want anything to do with me at all. To this day I still wonder, but I do remember asking her it is because I am black, she said something like "No I have many black friends, they just don't act like you"....? Asked her a follow up question, and I said "what do I act like", and she did not respond. I realized years ago that I potentially fell for a woman who did not like black people or any person who fits the stereotypes associated with black people.

I also get tired of hearing white folks say that there are two types of black people, black people and you know the n word. When white people use that phrase to categorize black people I do not want anything to do with them and in the past I broke it off with one white woman because she said something similar along those lines? It is a sign that they are racist.

So,
I know most of you who have gone out on dates a conversation might have popped up where someone says why do black people do that or act like that? You know that is a sign that the person you are dealing with is a racist? Would you continue on with the date or just end it right there? I know most of you would probably continue the date, because I believe it or not chances are most of you probably think that there are two types of black people, the Obama types and the Pac Man Jones/Vick types.

Often people of other races will take note of the bad behavior and associate that with an entire race of people. While many non-blacks may categorize blacks into the two categories you mention, there is just as much stereotype with every race. Lot's of non-whites look at whites as either trashy hicks or hippy liberals and stuffy WASP conservatives. I don't fit into any of those categories, but I'll bet there were plenty of non-whites who placed me into one at one time. Actually, there was an Asian guy in California who referred to me as a redneck...I am the furthest thing from...I'm from Brooklyn NY and I don't like country music, hunting or chewing tabacco Of course in this country many people think that anyone from down south MUST like to hunt, chew tabacco, drive a pick up truck, hate blacks and latinos and marry their cousins...they can't possibly be intelligent, educated and refined.

I don't think this girl was a racist, if anything you seemed to be the one who was hyper-sensitive and defensive in regard to race. Why is it that if a girl isn't into you, you automatically assume it has something to do with race? Could be she just didn't like you as a person and was turned out by your fashion choices. What if it was because you are black, maybe she's just not attracted to black men, does that make her a racist?

I've dated women of all races, and I've been turned down by women of all races as well. I never ask them or even stop to think whether or not it's because I'm white. I just right it off as someone who didn't find me attractive or perhaps just didn't like me. Nothing wrong with that, there's always going to be someone out there we are compatible with, and those we aren't.

Old 03-22-2009, 09:25 AM

428 posts, read 831,860 times
People on here are too worried about race. Who cares if someone is racist, just so long as they aren't enacting laws to hinder your prosperity. The problem is Black people spend their town hoping white folks accept them instead of being comfortable with themselves. Shame really.

Old 03-22-2009, 09:44 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,780,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpierpont View Post
The problem is Black people spend their town hoping white folks accept them instead of being comfortable with themselves. Shame really.

Oh really...ever hear of white guilt?

I don't think blacks spend their time worrying if whites accept them or not. All people long to be accepted by others, regardless of race. You need to get out more.

Old 03-22-2009, 09:45 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
i dont think avoiding loser behavior is racist. what you see as cool now will look like prison in 10 years. when the beast has a really strong hold on us, not even the love a beautiful woman can turn us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships