Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 07:12 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,141,122 times

Advertisements

Okay. As I write this, I have about a 100-degree temperature, aching body, and wracking coughs. Nothing to be done about it, as my doctor just blames the "virus going around."

Yet, for the past ten minutes, I've been crawling around on my hands and knees in the basement trying to capture the cat and toss her outside into a driving rainstorm.

Why? Because our 300-pound, 73-year-old housekeeper (Who really only does laundry) is terrified of cats. I mean utterly. So she stood outside on our front porch in the rain waiting for me to evict a five-pound, sweet-tempered ball of fur.

Don't get me wrong. We love Mildred. After 10 years, she's practically family with us, and I really don't expect her to change. But I think this terror of cats is pretty darned funny. Why cats? She just can't explain.

So do you encounter another person's irrational terror? How do you work around it? Obviously, pitching the cat outside once a week in exchange for getting the laundry done is no biggie. But what about you guys?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 07:15 AM

2,948 posts, read 7,018,708 times
LOL

I'm sorry, but I feel sorry for the cat!

The fear that gets me rolling are those afraid of itty bitty tiny little field mice. Darn thing couldn't hurt you if it tried, but every woman my father has ever married (including my mother) has been DEATHLY afraid of mice. And my father lives in the country. Mice happen.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:26 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,024,188 times
My husband has to open cans of biscuts for me if he's home. That unexpected pop just scares the crap out of me. If he's not home- if someone was around to record my face while doing it, they'd probably become famous posting it on youtube. People would just laugh their butts off. Oh and I can't climb latters or stand bugs. My poor husband handles my quirks well. He doesn't really have any.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:27 AM

Well, my wife does have a pathological fear of cockroaches. If you live in the South, you're going to have them. But if one gets into the house, she immediately calls the exterminator in to create a new Zone of Death around the house.

But she can be reading a book and have the TV going, yet her infallible radar can detect a roach. It's pretty amazing stuff.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:30 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,162,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Okay. As I write this, I have about a 100-degree temperature, aching body, and wracking coughs. Nothing to be done about it, as my doctor just blames the "virus going around."

Yet, for the past ten minutes, I've been crawling around on my hands and knees in the basement trying to capture the cat and toss her outside into a driving rainstorm.

Why? Because our 300-pound, 73-year-old housekeeper (Who really only does laundry) is terrified of cats. I mean utterly. So she stood outside on our front porch in the rain waiting for me to evict a five-pound, sweet-tempered ball of fur.

Don't get me wrong. We love Mildred. After 10 years, she's practically family with us, and I really don't expect her to change. But I think this terror of cats is pretty darned funny. Why cats? She just can't explain.

So do you encounter another person's irrational terror? How do you work around it? Obviously, pitching the cat outside once a week in exchange for getting the laundry done is no biggie. But what about you guys?

Awww poor guy I hope you feel better soon

I'm deathly affraid of Tornado's but completely fascinated by them strange....but that's pretty much it...I wish I were scared of heights...might keep me from jumping out of planes and off bridges lol

Old 01-07-2009, 07:30 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,024,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Well, my wife does have a pathological fear of cockroaches. If you live in the South, you're going to have them. But if one gets into the house, she immediately calls the exterminator in to create a new Zone of Death around the house.

But she can be reading a book and have the TV going, yet her infallible radar can detect a roach. It's pretty amazing stuff.
LMAO, I can totally relate to your wife. I live in South TX and there are all kinds of bugs everywhere. I love my exterminator!

Old 01-07-2009, 07:34 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,162,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post
LMAO, I can totally relate to your wife. I live in South TX and there are all kinds of bugs everywhere. I love my exterminator!
My exterminator is crazy hot!!! His dad owns the company and wheewwww ........Hello? I think I see a cricket

Old 01-07-2009, 07:35 AM

2,948 posts, read 7,018,708 times
Quote:
My husband has to open cans of biscuts for me if he's home. That unexpected pop just scares the crap out of me. If he's not home- if someone was around to record my face while doing it, they'd probably become famous posting it on youtube. People would just laugh their butts off. Oh and I can't climb latters or stand bugs. My poor husband handles my quirks well. He doesn't really have any.
LOL

Yeah, I don't open my own can of biscuits either! The anticipation gets me every time.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:37 AM

3,975 posts, read 7,691,495 times
ha! ha! I hate that biscuit can-thing too!! My other fears:

roaches,

3-D movies,

holograms, viewmasters, kaleidescopes

stairs that are like slats, and you can see through them, like a fire escape. Or other surfaces you can see through when you walk on them, like piers and some bridges.

oh, and those basement entrance things restuarants have, you see them in cities like NYC, Philly, etc. I hate those!!

Quote:

Old 01-07-2009, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
My exterminator is crazy hot!!! His dad owns the company and wheewwww ........Hello? I think I see a cricket
Hahaha...Our exterminator is a guy named Jackie. He fancies himself a ladies man. Because I'm the one who's home and I'm a guy, he likes talking to me as he makes the round. He claims that, at least once a week, some lonely MILF gets the Premium treatment. He's always got some story along those lines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships