Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 01:48 AM

17 posts, read 64,041 times

Advertisements

Italian women are beautiful and sexy....I have been in Italy in 2005 they are typically attractive by the nature and Italy is a beautiful country.

Old 01-05-2012, 03:04 AM

499 posts, read 891,647 times
Some say that Italians are similar to Turks. and most of the Turkish girls are tough.

so my answer is, maybe

Old 01-05-2012, 06:23 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,611,363 times
How do you tell an Italian woman to shut up? Ask her to put her hands in her pockets.

My wife is Italian so that is where I learned this joke.

Old 01-05-2012, 06:32 AM

2,472 posts, read 3,196,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFOR View Post
My MIL is one tough lady. Short Italian lady with a Napoleon complex. The lady has bigger cajones than most men. There is no reasoning with her. Nice enough lady, but look out.

Unfortunately my wife has some of these tendencies also.

Is this a common trait in Italian women?
This doesn't mean someone is tough, it means they're stubborn, and it has nothing to do with italian women exclusively.

Old 01-05-2012, 06:33 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFOR View Post
My MIL is one tough lady. Short Italian lady with a Napoleon complex. The lady has bigger cajones than most men. There is no reasoning with her. Nice enough lady, but look out.

Unfortunately my wife has some of these tendencies also.

Is this a common trait in Italian women?
I don't think it's only Italian women, but more so, that generation...you have German women who are and were just as tough....and it also has to do with how you grew up....I would prefer a woman like your MIL over someone who doesn't let you know where you stand. for instance, when I go to my Daughter in laws...I don't know how she feels about me helping her in the kitchen or not helping in the kitchen....I prefer any and all people stay out of my kitchen...your my guest, it's my job to clean up not yours....and I'm of Italian descent. I'm considered a tough lady, however, I came up having to fend for myself mostly, and learned how to do without...and believe being honest, no matter how hurtful is the best way to be.

So, I believe my Daughter in law is a lot like I am, and will not hold back any longer fearing I'm going to take her culture as a personal attack against me, but more so, realizing, we all feel differently about everything, doesn't mean we're upset with anyone, it's just the way we are. At least, you'll always know where you stand with your MIL. She's a tough women, yes, but she's still human inside...so remember that...some of the toughest people on the outside are in just as much need of love and understanding on the inside.

Old 01-05-2012, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
How do you tell an Italian woman to shut up? Ask her to put her hands in her pockets.

My wife is Italian so that is where I learned this joke.
LOL, I like that....

Good One!

Old 01-05-2012, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
Generalisations of this nature make little sense. Perhaps Italian families are to some extent mother-dominated, but I don't know for sure, I'm not from Italy.
yes, most were mother dominated, but the father had the last say, however, behind closed doors, mothers dominated and are extremely family oriented to the point if you have an Italian MIL, it can be very hard, b/c she can't stop being a mother and interferring. She doesn't mean it to be that way....and her children are always her babies, no matter how old they are....it's just the way some people are...and perhaps the reason for difficulties between a MIL and DIL? It's a shame we ol mothers can't step back and just allow our kids to be adults and stay out of they're lives...it's they're turn to live and make mistakes....and learn from those mistakes, without our input. My MIL was Italian, and man oh man did she ever cause me a lot of pain and discontentment. She didn't mean to, I understand that now, but when I was young, I wanted to make my own decissions, buy my own crystal...my God, she used to purchase all my crystal, china, etc....without asking me...and you'd think I would have learned, however, I did have problems with my DIL, due to my independent nature....it was then I realized, we mothers tend to forget our kids are now adults, married with they're own families and bud out...once a mother always a mother, however, it's nice to back off a lot, when our son's marry.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:06 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times
Italians just seem aggressive, confrontational, but on the flip-side, they also seem more friendly, passionate, warm, so it's a two way thing. It's just cultural differences. They are also very family-orientated as a rule.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:58 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,757,868 times
When I was in college, I knew a really cute Italian-American girl that I had a class with...I remember her as always very sweet and super-friendly; absolutely never aggressive Plus she had a very lovely, 100% gorgeous smile!

Old 01-05-2012, 09:40 PM

93 posts, read 100,326 times
How can you tell if a guy is Italian?

He can bench press 400 pounds, is strong as an ox but still cries when his mom yells at him!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships