Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 03:57 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,546,473 times

Advertisements

I have had enough cause in my life to exact revenge. The process of getting past it is long enough without investing more time in trying to make someone more miserable than they already are. But over time I have become much less generous in spirit. I used to feel sorry for these people. Now, I give that job to a higher power. So, while I am not vengeful, I find comfort in knowing that the misery they brought to me is the same misery they live with every day. And I wish them eternal life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2009, 04:13 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,636,118 times
Yes, absolutely. I do not let people screw with me without exacting revenge. It's true what goes around comes around -- *I* make it come around, though! There's no sense of fate or destiny or karma or anything like that. There are just actions people take. When someone takes actions against me that are too grave to ignore, I'll hit back ten times harder. The whole point of retaliation should be to make sure there cannot be further retaliation, in war, and with people it's much the same thing stopping at anything that would be too illegal. But something that would destroy someone's life or reputation covertly? Absolutely.

That being said, I'm very fair and stable, so you'd really have to be trying to get that far on my bad side. Most of the time it just wouldn't be worth my effort, it's like swatting a fly or something.

My first instinct is to demand apologies when they are required, and I just had that happen today, being accused of something I didn't do, and then sworn at by someone I barely know, and they will apologize to me because they have no other choice. One's livelihood is dependent on it and the other will lose a friend if she doesn't, most likely, and could also lose her boyfriend too, since he's a good friend, so let's just say that I hold all of the power in that situation and they have no choice but to apologize. It's also the right thing to do, but since they both acted without knowing the facts of the situation then they made an error in judgment and I'm sure if they have any sense of conscience they will feel bad tomorrow and I wouldn't have even had to ask for their apologies. But I did, because they left with me no choice and I wasn't in the mood to be nice about it.

Old 01-15-2009, 04:44 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,546,473 times
I agree that everyone has their limits. Some people need more than just being told that what they've done is wrong; they just don't care how many people they hurt. Somewhere along the line it is going to take a postal incident to prove that there is a consequence. Are they being vengeful at that point, or just human - having had enough?

Old 01-15-2009, 08:51 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,336,879 times
"Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Mr.Cat"

Old 01-15-2009, 10:28 AM

809 posts, read 2,884,643 times
I used to be a venegeful type........ and the best revenge I ever got on someone was this: my boyfriend that I was living with at the time suddenly turned cold and weird within a weeks time and when I asked if he even wanted to be with me he flat out said no. So later that same day (night time) I go to a friends house (it was a mutual friend of ours) and LO and BEHOLD there he is sitting there with a girl that I HATE (and he knows this).

My friend that I'm with knows I'm FUMING mad (since he'd JUST broke up with me earlier in the day and I KNEW why he was out with her.) My friend comes up with a BRILLIANT idea. Put laxatives into their captain morgans bottle that they were sharing . So off we run to the local grocery store and buy clear liquid laxatives and run back to the friends house. Once there we dump it all into the bottle and wait.

About 15-20 minutes later I see the girl who's normally OBNOXIOUSLY bubbly (on purpose to try and rub it in my face) suddenly looking a little pale. She starts holding her stomach and kind of just sinks back into the couch. I see her talking to my boyfriend (sorry EX) and I can tell she's telling him she doesn't feel well.

My friend and I are sitting on the other side of the room observing this and trying SO hard to stifle our laughs. We finally have to book it out of there before anyone noticed we were acting like hyennas.

Later on in the night we found out that my boyfriend and this chick had to leave for some reason early in the night. I was proud of the fact that I ruined his chance to sleep with her THAT night........ I relish in knowing that. (BTW: when my boyfriend and I later reconciled his only comment about this revenge was a to give me props and tell me "That was GOOD, I can't believe you did it, but it was def good!" haha!)

BUT..... karma does come around and so after doing that I stopped being so vengeful and I just sit back and wait for nature to takes its course and whoop the crap in it's own due time.

Old 01-15-2009, 10:29 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
If the wife or husband is angry at someone he or she will gain a bunch of weight as some demented form of "Revenge"..... other people pass gas and never leave the room ....... others have skid marks or do not take showers in order to offend and bother other people with their odor.... do you get it now or do I need to break this down into simple steps for you?
What kind of people are you meeting!!!

Old 01-15-2009, 11:19 AM

4,483 posts, read 5,330,846 times
I’ve never been the vengeful type (I've historically been the unforgiving type) but I sense that this is slowly changing. I’ve never executed it in a ‘real’ way the way some of you have, but I am opting now for the ‘subtle’ type.

Last year, my brother got married, and I absolutely adore my sister-in-law. Then, 2 days later, the 3 of us hosted a few relatives from out of town who came for the wedding. I love these relatives except for one early-20s cousin who is stuck-up and has, since I first met him when he was 10, to make sarcastic, pricking comments to provoke others. I have never liked him and many of our fellow cousins have stated the same.

Anyhow, during lunch, he made a sarcastic comment to my brother in front of his wife that it was good my brother no longer lived in the city he was born in. My brother asked why, and he said, “well you’d still be stuck there. Wouldn’t that suck?” My brother ignored that comment, and I stared daggers at my cousin. When he saw that, he turned away.

As this cousin’s father (a dear uncle of mine who doesn’t speak English) was there, I had to contain myself.

So I drove them to the airport and hugged them goodbye, and the wise ass cousin isn’t huggy. I shook his hand hard (arm wrestling-type shake) and suddenly pulled him into me so we could “embrace.” My embrace was for me to slap him right in the center of his back with all my strength. The bastard didn’t show pain, but it felt great to hit him.

I am probably never going to sit and plot revenge… but as I said, I’m picking up on subtle ways to get back at people. And when there is someone I don’t like, I cut them off, and if they’re really pissed me off, I cut them off less than nicely. Last person I did this to almost cried – and emailed me about it 8 months later asking for an apology. I didn’t even write back.

Old 04-19-2010, 12:22 PM

4 posts, read 16,988 times
I don't feel the need for revenge...I just feel tooooo much (especially the present). I am cripled by what my boyfriend/ father of my child did. Maybe. just a little revenge might help HUH HUH?
God wouldn't be happy I know but I can't stop feeling crapy. Would love to be in acceptance so not there. And I don't have A LOT of time. gotta get over it now.

Old 04-19-2010, 01:27 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Most people do in subtle ways
You mean like with a chainsaw?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships