Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 10:58 PM

2,779 posts, read 5,492,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I'd imagine that's how the stars get all these babies... Of course for them the INS probably will bend over backwards anyway. Our governor is getting that job now. I had more respect for her.
Ugh, I'm sorry but this just isn't true. Please look up the regulations on international adoption. It isn't like you can show up at an orphanage somewhere with a suitcase of money and be given a child. Most countries run international adoptions through their central government, some don't but even still it takes months and months to get through the paperwork involved in THIS country (the US) to be allowed to even adopt internationally. Celebrities like Angelina Jolie don't just announce "hey, we're starting the process to adopt!" to the world. They start quietly (I know personally people who work for her agency) and follow the steps just like anyone else. The only special treatment she's ever received is expedited treatment once she was in country, due to the media showing up.

We adopted from Kazakhstan at the same as a professional athlete, trust me his family went through more crap then we did trying to get through the process in order to bring their son home.

As for accusing you of lying, well...NO ONE can bring a baby home from any country (what country are we talking about BTW?) in three week so either you were very naive and hadn't researched anything or you were embellishing or the conversation never happened.

Yes, people are unethical in international adoption sometimes but it would take you 30 secs on the internet to find out that 3wks is silly. Oh and attorneys aren't usually involved at all in international adoptions, domestic adoption yes but...another part of the story that seems very strange.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2009, 11:00 PM

17,626 posts, read 22,597,101 times
I've been very fortunate & Blessed........i have 3 beloved Daughters, 1 Beloved Son....................................

Old 01-18-2009, 11:01 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,080,582 times
I don't claim to know a lot about the issue and I'm not really interested in it, but I'd say the stars hardly play by everybody else's rules.

Old 01-18-2009, 11:05 PM

2,779 posts, read 5,492,480 times
Quote:
I don't claim to know a lot about the issue and I'm not really interested in it, but I'd say the stars hardly play by everybody else's rules.
So..maybe you shouldn't comment on things you don't know anything about? Its kind of like saying well, Britney Spears definitely cheated to get her passport..um... doesn't really work that way.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hml1976 View Post
So..maybe you shouldn't comment on things you don't know anything about? Its kind of like saying well, Britney Spears definitely cheated to get her passport..um... doesn't really work that way.
Well, I've read enough to know that regular people have a very hard time getting really young infants, even from abroad, because the paperwork takes forever (they happen to grow up in the meantime). Somehow the stars always manage to get very young babies, don't they.

Leaving this particular issue aside, do you mean to tell me stars and everybody famous and wealthy goes through the proper channels about everything like the rest of the pariah?! Gimme a break. Or if you sincerely think so, I can't imagine an adult being so naive.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:56 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,590,972 times
Quote:
Well, I've read enough to know that regular people have a very hard time getting really young infants, even from abroad, because the paperwork takes forever (they happen to grow up in the meantime). Somehow the stars always manage to get very young babies, don't they.

Leaving this particular issue aside, do you mean to tell me stars and everybody famous and wealthy goes through the proper channels about everything like the rest of the pariah?! Gimme a break. Or if you sincerely think so, I can't imagine an adult being so naive.
I thought the cd police told you not to comment anymore!

Old 01-19-2009, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
I thought the cd police told you not to comment anymore!
This police evidently doesn't know me and the "don't enter sign" at work. No really... how ridiculous is to think that Jane & Joe Shmoe get the same treatment the stars do...

I don't usually engage in such arguments, but that damn toothache of mine made me get up again. WTH are you doing up at this time?!

Old 01-19-2009, 01:04 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,590,972 times
Quote:
This police evidently doesn't know me and the "don't enter sign" at work. No really... how ridiculous is to think that Jane & Joe Shmoe get the same treatment the stars do...

I don't usually engage in such arguments, but that damn toothache of mine made me get up again. WTH are you doing up at this time?!
UP AT THIS TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taking my geriatric medication, whadda ya think~

Old 01-19-2009, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
Taking my geriatric medication, whadda ya think~
On the computer I meant! Otherwise I'm familiar with your geriatric medication, you horny bunny...

Old 01-19-2009, 01:08 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,302,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hml1976 View Post
Wait a minute. Who says only people with children or people who have endured the adoption process can comment? I saw the same thing in the parenting forum a while back when someone commented about child free people commenting on "their" forum. It's as if some people with children feel they belong to some exclusive club and heaven help anyone without a child who comments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships