Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 02:14 PM

1 posts, read 3,388 times

Advertisements

Hi Im 19 and I got a job last year at a restaurant and somehow have gotton deeply involved with my 36 year old boss. Hes married, he has a child and he also has another women on the side besides me! Last week I ended it but I know Im still in love with the jerk,it wont go away! Im trying to leave my job but I dont want to leave without finding another one. It hurts alot because I also live only TWO blocks away from him! so I see him often even if Im not at work. Ive found myself getting extremely jealous of that second women even though I know this man isnt right for me. I just dont know what to do anymore. I thought I was stronger than this but this morning I found myself crying for no reason. Even though Ive thought this out logically my emotions still get the best of me. I cant get over him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2009, 03:08 PM

7,079 posts, read 37,932,494 times
This guy is a married, serial cheater who borders on being a pedophile. It eludes me what you could POSSIBLY see in him/it.

Old 01-18-2009, 03:12 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,442,839 times
Yes, this sounds like typical restaurant drama.

If I were you, I would give his wife a call and lay it all out on the table. Don't get angry. Just tell her what is going on. Tell her you never want to see him again and ask for her help.

Old 01-18-2009, 03:13 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
Agreed! Your only 19. I`m sorry that your life is starting out so messy.
It doesn`t have to stay this way. You know that this is not right.
Shame on him!
Get out of the job ASAP! Put your energy into your friends, and family.
Put it into finding a diffrent job, and let him waller in his own self! ICK!!

Old 01-18-2009, 03:17 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
I'd say to the OP -- hang in there!! If you're tenacious enough you may just outlast the others! Go for it. Make sure the others know about you in the picture at all times, at some point they may decide to opt out and then this old guy is all yours!

Old 01-18-2009, 03:27 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,999,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
Yes, this sounds like typical restaurant drama.

If I were you, I would give his wife a call and lay it all out on the table. Don't get angry. Just tell her what is going on. Tell her you never want to see him again and ask for her help.
And if I were that wife I'd say, You knowingly take part in destroying my marriage and you want MY help? Ha! Bend over and I'll start by helping you get this shoe up your ! Now wise up and start using some of those brains God gave you, that's my help to you.

Why am I so hard on her? B'c I've been there. At 18, a 30-something married man came on to me and while I might have been attracted to him were he single, I couldn't bring myself to take part in destroying a family. If he wants to do it on his own, that's his problem, I wasn't about to make it mine, too. The 'he's gonna do it anyway' mentality doesn't cut it. All that's saying is you condone his lack of morals.

Old 01-18-2009, 03:30 PM

740 posts, read 2,013,628 times
I am sure that he is very charismatic. That is how "his kind" works. I agree with the poster above that he borders on a child molester. Why do you love him? Are you looking for a father figure? Do you have it in the back of your mind that you can't do any better? Think about this... a few years from now you are married (you think happily), you have a baby... and then you find out the love of your life (you married him) is cheating on you. With not one but two (or more) women. How would that make you feel? I can tell you... he doesn't love you... he is using you for a piece on the side. If it's not you it will be someone else. And he probably won't even miss you.. Sorry... but he would just be onto the next relationship. Men like that don't have a clue what love is. They are selfish and self centered. Get out while you still can. Before you get pregnant and have a baby that ties you to this trash for the rest of your life.

Old 01-18-2009, 03:34 PM

403 posts, read 1,563,248 times
If there was ever a "duh" moment, this is it.

Old 01-18-2009, 03:56 PM

6 posts, read 12,974 times
Go out and get someone younger and more handsome. Go out with friends or such instead of sitting around.

I second the calling his wife statement, she should know since he kinda is married with kids and you should possibly inform the other girlfriend too. Damn, why not just make this guys life a living hell..

Old 01-18-2009, 04:06 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,601,320 times
He sounds like your soul mate. I think you should pursue it further. Skip the birth control, maybe you'll get pregnant. Maybe he can get the other woman pregnant too. Maybe the wife can get pregnant too. Then you can all live happily ever after.

Can I get involved with him too? His sounds dreamy.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships