Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 01:03 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWPN View Post
Uhhh guys, I'm a female... NOT A GUY!

Nito... that's OBVIOUSLY not curvy, the first one. That one is a no brainer.
You opened Pandora's box with this thread

Old 01-21-2009, 01:03 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times
My definition of curvy is the traditional hourglass shape. Bigger on top and bottom with a smaller waist. It does not always mean you have big boobs or a big butt. I guess it means you have a true "waist". You know the curve from waist to hip.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:05 PM

440 posts, read 1,681,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
You opened Pandora's box with this thread
lol I've been known to cause a little chaos and ruckus!

Old 01-21-2009, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
My definition of curvy is the traditional hourglass shape. Bigger on top and bottom with a smaller waist. It does not always mean you have big boobs or a big butt. I guess it means you have a true "waist". You know the curve from waist to hip.
I agree it doesn't matter the size. a size 8 with the same proportions or a size 16 again with the same proportions.

The traditional hour glass.

I think voluptuous, too me infer like maybe haver a bigger the proportioned butt or boobs.

I agree with other posters that I think BBW has been hijacked by really fat ladies.

To me a BBW is definitely larger, but still has some sorta shape that is hour glass like.

JMHO.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:12 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,141,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWPN View Post
Marilyn Monroe by today's sizes would have been about a size 14 which is 34" in men's sizing.
Common misconception....from what I've read, & using my eyes, by today's sizing she would've been about an 8, and a 6 at her smallest. Her waist was tiny, and her arms and legs were slender; not a size 14 at all. Her weight fluctuated, and she was pregnant several times in her career (abortions/miscarriages).

snopes.com: Marilyn Monroe's Dress Size

If the measurements on that site are correct for her, then her waist was a size 2 and her hips were a size 6. It's her bust that makes her larger.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:13 PM

There is a night club here in So Cal that been around for a few years. They used to be call "Club Curves", I think the name has changed. They usually post pictures of all of the different events going on there. Most of these ladies are not BBW's. Most of them are huge.

I have a pretty wide range of ladies I like, but some of these girls just push the envelope for me.

The Big Girl Club Moxie Club Curves Zodiac The Underground BBW Nightclub Hip Hop Bounce

Old 01-21-2009, 01:15 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post

WOMEN, do not call yourself curvy if you can stand to lose some poundage. If you look like the women I posted, you are curvy, if you are bigger or if you can stand to lose some weight, just call yourself "bigger than normal" or "not quite a BBW".
I disagree.

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
Quote:
I agree with other posters that I think BBW has been hijacked by really fat ladies.

To me a BBW is definitely larger, but still has some sorta shape that is hour glass like.

JMHO.
Again, this is coming from a males perspective. BBW = fat.

1. Curvy/Voluptuous - Basically they are the same. See pics I posted on page one of this thread.

2. BBW - Fat, obese, unhealthy. But the BBW woman usually dont think of themselves as being obese, as they like fashion and feel beautiful when they dress themselves up. They are fat women with high self esteem and confidence.

3. Zaftig - term that is new to me. This is basically "Gilbert Grape Mom's size". These are the women who need gastric bypass or who's doctors recommend gastric bypass. Typically bigger than your BBW.

4. Skinny - woman with no curves at all. Usually your high fashion model types (not the Victorias Secret models as they are categorized as curvy).

3,089 posts, read 8,507,850 times
I do not know who the hell this Kim chick is the celeb news keep talking about but she is curvy!
Moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by Yac; 01-09-2014 at 07:14 AM..

440 posts, read 1,681,957 times
Quote:
There is a night club here in So Cal that been around for a few years. They used to be call "Club Curves", I think the name has changed. They usually post pictures of all of the different events going on there. Most of these ladies are not BBW's. Most of them are huge.

I have a pretty wide range of ladies I like, but some of these girls just push the envelope for me.

The Big Girl Club Moxie Club Curves Zodiac The Underground BBW Nightclub Hip Hop Bounce

Esh! Yeah... that's not curvy at all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships