Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 08:49 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,143,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkerclassof72 View Post
I'm happily married (25 years), but I've always wished there was a way to take eharmony's profile test just to see what questions are on it.
You can...I did. And I got rejected by eharmony, hahahaha

Last edited by orangeapple; 01-21-2009 at 09:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 08:51 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,230,742 times
Are you comfortable w/ your parents being so involved in your life as to sign you up? I doubt you need their help. My brother has a very close friend that found his 3rd wife of eharmony. He said it was a match made in heaven.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:51 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Let's hope they don't have the urge to remove their "success stories" from the site too soon.
Whatever success stories there are there, they for sure aren't these gals!

Old 01-22-2009, 11:59 AM

2,412 posts, read 5,084,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky_topaz View Post
My parents signed me up on eHarmony.com a few years back (before I met my ex, whom I dated from 28-30.) They all bought into the commercials on the radio and TV and said that was the "best" place for me to meet quality men. No, I met my ex from Match.com, where the "wacko" quotient is high but you can get dates more easily, mind you.I talked to a few on there who were interesting, but didn't have anyy dates out of eHarmony (from a 10 mo. period) I also tried out eHarmony for seven months back in 2004. Once agian I tired of it and took up with a new boyfriend met somewhere else. I tink you can save a little dough and use eHarmony's promotional coupons before you give it a go. People on the site and especially the success stories, and one clairvoyant, say that you must "be patient with eHarmony" to be a success. I thought I would give myself a subscription for Valentive's Day. What do you all think of EHarmony?

I never get this I am supposedly claivrvoyant myself, but not enough IMO to give advice to anyone, but if somebody is claiming to know all about the future THAN WHY WOULD THEY BOTHER TO JOIN EHARMONY?????

Wouldn't they just know?

Old 01-22-2009, 12:17 PM

838 posts, read 1,876,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
I never get this I am supposedly claivrvoyant myself, but not enough IMO to give advice to anyone, but if somebody is claiming to know all about the future THAN WHY WOULD THEY BOTHER TO JOIN EHARMONY?????

Wouldn't they just know?
And wouldn't they know you were going to make the above post?

Old 01-22-2009, 12:19 PM

838 posts, read 1,876,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
You can...I did. And I got rejected by eharmony, hahahaha
Oh. I always assumed married folks weren't allowed. Wait, you mean some people actually lie about their staus?

Old 01-22-2009, 01:15 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,143,924 times
Quote:
Oh. I always assumed married folks weren't allowed. Wait, you mean some people actually lie about their staus?
Well I am not married, but I mean I took the test out of curiosity, with no intention of signing up. I suppose you'd have to lie about not being married just to see your personality profile (or whatever it is called).

Old 01-22-2009, 01:23 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,084,211 times
Quote:
And wouldn't they know you were going to make the above post?
But like I said mine doesn't work to the degree I'm in control of it, or can call it up on command. It happens weirdly like I'll think of somebody I haven't seen or heard from in years and they call. Or I dream something and the next day it happens. And sometimes I can see colors around people, but I can't do it on command, it usually happens during high stress like i'm arguing or upset, walla the person has a greenness around them. My wife always had a dark green color around her when I could see it.

But these people claim to call it up on command, and give advice based on that.

Old 01-22-2009, 07:27 PM

3,853 posts, read 12,867,056 times
Anyone worth meeting is NOT on eharmony. In fact, I'd say dating should be exactly face to face type interaction.

Old 01-22-2009, 07:53 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2021 View Post
Anyone worth meeting is NOT on eharmony. In fact, I'd say dating should be exactly face to face type interaction.
Besides, I don't think they allow anyone under 16 on the site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships