Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 07:43 PM

752 posts, read 2,086,393 times

Advertisements

Good for you Kat. And be sure to look at the site matchwise.com...it looks good. Not too much of a meat market but looks like a whole lot more than eHarmony.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2009, 07:13 AM

12 posts, read 19,377 times
I did not have any success with E harmony either. Maybe I was not patient enough, but it seemed to be a waste of money. I subscribed for about 4 months with no real success...

Old 03-24-2009, 10:17 AM

37,608 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacup2490 View Post
I did not have any success with E harmony either. Maybe I was not patient enough, but it seemed to be a waste of money. I subscribed for about 4 months with no real success...
Honestly, I'd advise anyone to give ANY site at least 6 months. Hell it takes 3months just to learn how to weed the garden.

Old 03-24-2009, 10:28 AM

4,483 posts, read 5,330,273 times
I'm currently on my 2nd Eharmony stint. The first was from late 2007 to early 2008. I got a number of matches and never met anybody.

the second stint started in mid-January. Again, I have met nobody, and the one girl that I thought was interesting enough (and I'll admit it, good-looking enough)... she and I went back and forth with "first questions' and "second questions" and "must haves/can't stands" and it seemed to be destined for a meeting. Then she disappeared. I nudged her and 1 week later she closed our match because... she was now dating somebody else.

I haven't had any new matches in nearly 2 weeks and am beginning to think that Eharmony isn't for me.

match.com: I signed up early last year and got a LOT of matches; some girls came after me, and I went after a few. I met ONE and dated her 5 or 6 times total .... seemed promising at first, we had our first kiss on the 3rd (could've been the 2nd; she and I were very relaxed from drinking and I know I could've snatched a kiss then, but I wanted to wait a little). Then, it turns out that this match.com lady was a very close friend of a woman I had dated (and dumped) 3 years before. Needless to say, when my ex told my new girl about our past, it went downhill from there.

I may join match.com again, but there are some odd people in there.

Old 03-24-2009, 10:29 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2021 View Post
Anyone worth meeting is NOT on eharmony. In fact, I'd say dating should be exactly face to face type interaction.
over and over hammer to the nail.
rep comin.

Old 03-24-2009, 10:32 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
youth and looks are commodities that can be traded on the open market.
which has nothing to do at all with character or the glue of relationships.
hooking up is not what they advertise.
as to hunting invironments
internet dating favors women.
social dancing favors men.

Old 03-24-2009, 10:37 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,369,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2021 View Post
Anyone worth meeting is NOT on eharmony. In fact, I'd say dating should be exactly face to face type interaction.
I kind of think the same on this one. You just can't show up to a place, "ok, I'm here, ta-da" and then decide "I like you - I don't like you." It's not supposed to work like that. I also think it would be uncomfortable. Always try to "preview" someone in a setting where there is NO ulterior motive so you have more "wiggle room" if you are not interested -- it is a more optimal situation to meet someone to date.

Old 03-24-2009, 10:52 AM

27,343 posts, read 27,395,534 times
I dont need a dating website to find trouble for me, theres enough of that from work. Between the customers and a couple of co-workers looking to get me in trouble, Im capable of finding my own.

Old 03-24-2009, 12:07 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,640,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky_topaz View Post
My parents signed me up on eHarmony.com a few years back (before I met my ex, whom I dated from 28-30.) They all bought into the commercials on the radio and TV and said that was the "best" place for me to meet quality men. No, I met my ex from Match.com, where the "wacko" quotient is high but you can get dates more easily, mind you.I talked to a few on there who were interesting, but didn't have anyy dates out of eHarmony (from a 10 mo. period) I also tried out eHarmony for seven months back in 2004. Once agian I tired of it and took up with a new boyfriend met somewhere else. I tink you can save a little dough and use eHarmony's promotional coupons before you give it a go. People on the site and especially the success stories, and one clairvoyant, say that you must "be patient with eHarmony" to be a success. I thought I would give myself a subscription for Valentive's Day. What do you all think of EHarmony?
Put this into perspective. On eHarmony, you didn't have any dates in 10 months because they filtered out a lot of people who they deemed incompatible with you. Now imagine if you were out in the real world. Sure you might meet more people and get more dates, but imagine how many of them would be incompatible with you. When it comes to dating, whether it's online or offline, patience is required, especially if you have very specific standards. You could look at those 10 months on eHarmony as a failure and a waste of money. A more positive way to look at it is that it saved you from having to date a bunch of people you had no future with.

Old 03-24-2009, 03:25 PM

37,608 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Put this into perspective. On eHarmony, you didn't have any dates in 10 months because they filtered out a lot of people who they deemed incompatible with you. Now imagine if you were out in the real world. Sure you might meet more people and get more dates, but imagine how many of them would be incompatible with you. When it comes to dating, whether it's online or offline, patience is required, especially if you have very specific standards. You could look at those 10 months on eHarmony as a failure and a waste of money. A more positive way to look at it is that it saved you from having to date a bunch of people you had no future with.
Exactly. I'm about as picky as they get - I admit it. I would spend 10 years out looking around for the same number of people that I have found online.
No thanks. Online works best for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships