U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 02:44 PM

82 posts, read 154,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I dated an English girl once who called me "her bit of the rough". I had always taken my "look" for granted till I met her. Beat up old grey cowboy hat (still have that hat) that looks like it was in the Civl War, beat up Wranglers, (Levi's sometimes) button down shirt with rolled up sleeves, lace up style riding boots (horseback not motorcycle), my hair doesn't behave without a hat and I never seem to get to a barber regular like. Lol she told me that English guys had "rough" looks too, just not the cowboy thing. She told me if I showed up in an English pub looking like I do I might not get out alive. I miss her, she went back to the UK.
Good description from a man's point of view. I think you described it perfectly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2009, 02:50 PM

42,843 posts, read 54,814,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
I want to know what "man smell" is, and why it's followed by "that's not a bad thing!"?
It's the pheromones. It's all science, opti - math, chemistry, biology...

Sniffing Out Human Pheromones (http://www.junkscience.com/news/wphor.htm - broken link)

Old 01-22-2009, 02:58 PM

603 posts, read 1,479,881 times
That's funny, I love the ruggedly handsome look! But don't worry about if you're ruggedly handsome or not-just look like yourself. My husband is actually not that rugged, but I still find him very handsome. If you're not rugged on your own, don't worry about it. I think ruggedly handsome men are born, not made. I agree, think Robert Redford, Marlboro man, Paul Hogan (Crocodile Dundee). Hollywood has attempted to make Harrison Ford, Brat Pitt, and Matt Dillon ruggedly handsome in some films but because their faces are more pretty, they just looked like handsome men trying to be rugged. All in all though, if you're easy on the eyes, it doesn't matter!

Old 01-22-2009, 02:59 PM

603 posts, read 1,479,881 times
By the way, who was the Marlboro Man and is he still alive. He has to be the sexiest, hottest, most ruggedly handsome man I can think of!!!

Old 01-22-2009, 03:02 PM

12,827 posts, read 9,113,410 times
For lustrums i've had this soft straw cowboy hat. It has a red pin in center front, a Gal gave me. It says............"Are we having FUN Yet".........................................har.h ar.har.....................................

Old 01-22-2009, 03:05 PM

428 posts, read 1,167,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs looks "rugged" to me. My definition of "rugged" means they don't have smooth/perfect skin, their face looks a bit weathered from being outdoors and such. And Mike Rowe is HOT. (insert drooling smiley here. )
Yeah he is!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
Oh man, now I'm going to be daydreaming about Mike Rowe all day. My husband and I watch Dirty Jobs all the time. We just watch for different reasons! He is the epitome of Rugged/Sexy.

Personally, my favorites are Mike Rowe, Gary Oldman and Hugh Laurie.
I can only think of Gary Oldman as Dracula and Sirius Black . Mike Rowe and Hugh Laurie Mmmhmmm!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Rugged good looks is when you look at them you can tell they are hard workers. They don't fuss or primp like a pretty boy. No manicures for them. They are strong but not from the gym, they have calloused hands not softies, they wear jeans and boots because they are ready to work, they are very confident in their ability to survive and thrive.

Yummy, I love a rugged man much better than a handsome soft man.
Exactly!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
I want to know what "man smell" is, and why it's followed by "that's not a bad thing!"?
To me, men should smell like Old Spice lol... or something along that spicy/woodsy/earthy/musky scent. Good lord! Nothing better than a rugged good smelling man! MELT!

Old 01-22-2009, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Littledog View Post
That's funny, I love the ruggedly handsome look! But don't worry about if you're ruggedly handsome or not-just look like yourself. My husband is actually not that rugged, but I still find him very handsome. If you're not rugged on your own, don't worry about it. I think ruggedly handsome men are born, not made. I agree, think Robert Redford, Marlboro man, Paul Hogan (Crocodile Dundee). Hollywood has attempted to make Harrison Ford, Brat Pitt, and Matt Dillon ruggedly handsome in some films but because their faces are more pretty, they just looked like handsome men trying to be rugged. All in all though, if you're easy on the eyes, it doesn't matter!

Lustrums ago we lived in Milwaukee when daddy was away fighting a war, a few blocks from Schusters store on Vliet street...............................

Old 01-22-2009, 03:16 PM

10,136 posts, read 13,287,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
That's my idea, too. I'd like to add Clint Eastwood.
Im a cowboy,on a steel horse I ride.................

Old 01-22-2009, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
From Deliverance?

no, from Oregon Bro...................

i lived in Cali several lustrums though...................................... .Monterey.

Old 01-22-2009, 03:28 PM

3,279 posts, read 4,642,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by #Littledog View Post
I agree, think Robert Redford, Marlboro man, Paul Hogan (Crocodile Dundee). Hollywood has attempted to make Harrison Ford, Brat Pitt, and Matt Dillon ruggedly handsome in some films but because their faces are more pretty, they just looked like handsome men trying to be rugged. All in all though, if you're easy on the eyes, it doesn't matter!
Hmmm, I think Redford is as pretty as Pitt....I think they looked a LOT alike when they were young.

In celebrities, I like the gorgeous men with masculine style, but in person I can like men who aren't "pretty" in the face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships