Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 09:01 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,549,353 times

Advertisements

I bet I know who's going to post in this thread soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 09:19 AM

213 posts, read 416,639 times
Maintaining a George Michael-like beard stubble would make a man look ruggedly sexy to me.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:46 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,012,334 times
He lives a day like mine:

- Wake up

- Plow the back 40 with neither plow nor horse

- Kill an elk bare-handed and eat it BUT miraculously restore it to life as The Theme from Grizzly Adams plays in the background

- Smoke a cigar while maintaining good health and secondhand smoke consciousness

- Single-handedly build an orphanage and a playground by noon

- Ride a buffalo over to the animal shelter where time is volunteered washing puppies and bottle-feeding kittens, nearly all of which will end up in a home where they live out their days happily, dining on fresh milk and chasing rabbits which are never quite caught

- Thrash some brigands, usually named Blackie or Pete, for speaking rudely to the elderly

- Get accidentally filmed saving the town orphans for whom the shelter and playground was built from a rogue catamount, possibly with help from a mangy-yet-faithful cur

- Squint... a lot...

- Make it home by supper, where the meal is punctuated by thin-lipped, grim expressions of please and thank you since small talk is kept to a minimum because of the lasting trauma brought on by something terrible which happened "a long, long time ago"... we don't like to talk about it...

Yep, just another day in the life of the rugged-sexy.

Old 06-01-2010, 01:19 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,727,379 times
Why do you want to look rugged? If it doesn't come naturally to you, it might be tough to pull off. You're an attractive guy, you can probably get plenty of play just being who you are. Not EVERY girl goes for the rugged type.

FYI, though, a rugged guy, to me either has an occupation where he works outdoors or he regularly participates in some sport played outdoors. He could have either a muscular physique or a more athletic, wiry build. I personally like neatly groomed facial hair on him. No, he doesn't have to be a cross between Paul Bunyan and Conan The Barbarian. It's more about a man celebrating with clothes and attitude, what makes him male. It's about him being in touch with his glorious "GUY-ness".

Old 06-02-2010, 02:07 AM

9,930 posts, read 13,923,690 times
Here's a fine specimen!

Old 06-02-2010, 11:59 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,727,379 times
Yep, one of the better examples, looks-wise.

Old 06-02-2010, 10:23 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,894,901 times
R Kelly

Old 06-03-2010, 10:53 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,091,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locest View Post
This is solely based on physical appearance, but I was wondering what you would consider would be the look of a rugged looking,attractive man. I was having a conversation with someone and she told me that I am not rugged but I am very attractive. So I was wondering if i'm not rugged what is?

A bald guy with a goatee on a harley
Wait thats my man...damn I cant wait to get home to him..

Old 06-04-2010, 06:06 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,204,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
No, he doesn't have to be a cross between Paul Bunyan and Conan The Barbarian.
Crom!

It's always those short metrosexual guys that get all the concubines.

FOR SALE:
Slightly used Double bitted axe, make offer.
Large Blue Ox, housebroken - answers to Babe (hey a guy gets lonely) will let go for cheap.

Old 06-04-2010, 08:47 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,248,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locest View Post
This is solely based on physical appearance, but I was wondering what you would consider would be the look of a rugged looking,attractive man. I was having a conversation with someone and she told me that I am not rugged but I am very attractive. So I was wondering if i'm not rugged what is?
I am!LOL...... To be rugged you don't have to act, it just comes naturally! You are born with it, it can't be learned or acquired. Real rugged men start out doing these things very young! I started fishing when I was 3 with my dad. By the time I was 5 years old I was shooting a Colt Detective Special .38 Special snub-nose revolver by myself with my dad's supervision. That is another thing, if you are anti-gun in anyway you are not rugged! A rugged man can protect his family and loved ones under any circumstances and will loose his own life in a attempt to save theirs. If you aren't willing to die for your family, you are not rugged! By the time I was about 10, I started buying tools and fixing things! This carried over to my job as an adult. A rugged man works with his hands and isn't afraid to get filthy. If you push pencils all day, you are not rugged! A real rugged man has had near death experiences and lived to tell the tale! Yes, I have been shot at before among other things! Saucy hit that one pretty close on Bruce Willis for his role in the Die Hards! He was all cut up, shot up and bleeding and still was continuing! Granted, that was a movie and not real but it shows you what a rugged man will do to save his own bacon and his family's. He also has a short police/military haircut. Mine is a little bit longer than that but still short. Long hair was the thing in the 1800's. Today in 2010, that hippie hair won't cut it! The real rugged men look at you like a girly man or something if you have locks down your back! Hollywood wouldn't know the first thing about rugged men and it really makes the real ones such as myself laugh are arse off at these metro sexuals trying to look all tough and bad! Nice pedicure and facial Mr. Hollywood!LMAO....... Would you care for a Martini sir?LMAO...... Most of the real guys don't even know what one tastes like! Most of the rugged men I am friends with are rugged but don't think they are sexy, including myself! How can you be rugged if you spend your days trying not to get dirty? We all have large amounts of full body hair! If you shave your legs, arms, chest or pits you are out! We don't do that and think anyone who does is a weirdo! You also have a full beard and no fuzz! If you have one of these kid half-baked fuzztash or fuzztee type of beards, you are not rugged! It may be only day or two stubble but it is full! You also don't have any piercings! You can just get a dress and lipstick to match with them!LOL....... I could go on and on but the point is this! If you have to ask what rugged is, you will never be rugged!

Last edited by 2RUGGED4YOU; 06-04-2010 at 08:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships