Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 08:17 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,929,154 times

Advertisements

A pop tent never lies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
Simply learn what a woman does the first time she sees you and you won't have to deal with all this confusion! The smile can lie, the words can lie. Faking body language is a whole other ballgame!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 08:18 PM

4,268 posts, read 8,167,247 times
Not at all. I refuse to do it, in fact. If I ask someone once, and they say no, I'm not coming back to the well. Plenty of fish out there. I can't stand the people at work that constantly ask the same people out over and over and over again. Fantastic way to get a sexual harassment suit!

Some of the women at work have done that to me, so I brought in a bunch of pictures of my girlfriend and put them on my desk. Since, this behavior has actually increased.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:28 PM

Are you very attractive and tall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonRedline08 View Post
Not at all. I refuse to do it, in fact. If I ask someone once, and they say no, I'm not coming back to the well. Plenty of fish out there. I can't stand the people at work that constantly ask the same people out over and over and over again. Fantastic way to get a sexual harassment suit!

Some of the women at work have done that to me, so I brought in a bunch of pictures of my girlfriend and put them on my desk. Since, this behavior has actually increased.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:34 PM

4,268 posts, read 8,167,247 times
I am reasonably attractive and reasonably tall as well, 6' 1''.

Artsy, I'm not looking for a date, sorry buddy!

Old 01-26-2009, 08:36 PM

I was wondering why the women were coming after you.

Usually tall guys attract women like a moth to the flame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonRedline08 View Post
I am reasonably attractive and reasonably tall as well, 6' 1''.

Artsy, I'm not looking for a date, sorry buddy!

Old 01-26-2009, 08:58 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,109,953 times
I would love to not game play and just relax and go with the flow, but too many men are just looking for sex to do that.

Old 01-27-2009, 09:45 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,635,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
How many of you actually enjoy the chase? Guys, do you find it thrilling to pursue a woman who plays hard to get and makes you work for whatever you are trying to get? Ladies, do you really think it's worth anything to not show interest in an attempt to get a guy to really get into you? Is there an age when this practice becomes childish or immature?
I personally don't care for the chase. If someone catches my interest and I think there's some interest on her part, I'll certainly pursue her. But if it feels like she's playing hard to get or making me jump through hoops to prove my worthiness, I'll move on. Games are for kids. Adults value their time and don't like having it wasted. The problem is too many women still expect to be chased and when the guy doesn't, they just assume he isn't into them. More likely, the guy has decided she isn't worth the effort and/or he's met someone else who doesn't treat him that way. It still amazes me that in this day and age where we have women CEOs, presidents, etc. that some women still expect the guy to come after them. So much for equality of the sexes.

Old 01-27-2009, 10:21 AM

1,720 posts, read 6,725,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
How many of you actually enjoy the chase? Guys, do you find it thrilling to pursue a woman who plays hard to get and makes you work for whatever you are trying to get? Ladies, do you really think it's worth anything to not show interest in an attempt to get a guy to really get into you? Is there an age when this practice becomes childish or immature?
New day, new morning...read the OP again and some of the answers and I guess I was thinking of a different kind of chase, or perhaps I've never had a loooong chase. I might have to chase or get to know someone for a short time, but usually get them where I want them. Now if we are talking weeks and nothing....nah. I will move on. So in that instance, no chase for me. Unless of course I am getting what I want from a girl or two or three etc...and continue chasing others...then it does not matter as much, but there is still a cutoff period. But now that I am not single...the thought of a chase is interesting from time to time....even if it is "wrong".

Old 01-27-2009, 10:50 AM

1,776 posts, read 4,002,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
Dude...read "the game" If you feel you're dealing with a "game player" why not do what guys are really good at?? Read a lot about the "game" and walla...you're kickn her butt at "romantic halo" Most men don't play the game well...until they realize there's a game!

Also, initial eye contact does not lie. Learn to determine what your dealing with from across a room within 3 seconds. Don't look at the smile, the eyebrow raise, the legs, nothing... Women cannot control what happens within the first few seconds of first time eye contact!

They ALL do one of two things...learn what those two things are and go from there.
Nah man, it was all a question. I'm not going to read a book on how to get women. That's so corny.

Old 01-31-2009, 06:55 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,852,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Early in my dating career, I use to pursue women like that. Then I reached a point where I just got tired of jumping through all those ridiculous hoops.

After all, the Hard-To-Get Princess Act is fun and cute for all about three weeks. Then most men with self-respect pull themselves up and say, "Wait a minute. The rest of my life could be like this with her." And they run like a scalded dog as fast as they can.

The funny thing was that, once you got tired of it and blew them off, how quickly they changed their tune.
Not only that, they are probably posting comments about how desperate you are and that there must be some "hidden flaw"!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships