Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 06:54 PM

20,699 posts, read 19,340,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Gwynedd1, you don't happen to write fortune cookies for a living, do you?

Only misfortune cookies. My best orders come from a Popsicle stand in Tierra del Fuego.

Edit:
I just cracked one open and it says "you are seriously f***ed" .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2010, 07:11 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,308,643 times
Personally, I don't care. It is up to the man if he wants to date older or younger women. I would hope that any man I was interested in would see me not just my age. I enjoy being young and rushing the aging process is not something I want to do. Do I think all young women are shallow, uneducated, partying bimbos? Of course not, but everyone has a different perception based on the people they have met. As far as generalizations go like "young women have sex and older women make love", they just show how limited some people's experiences have been. I have never just "had sex", but then I have never made love with the people making these generalizations either. Also, I don't feel the need to cut down a group of women to make myself feel better. Hopefully, I never will.

Old 12-02-2010, 07:53 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,264,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
Only in Hollywood (Land of the plastic boobie) are older women looked down upon,
In the rest of the world they are worshiped as goddesses

Jonathan
as they should be

Old 12-02-2010, 09:27 AM

791 posts, read 1,425,306 times
[

That being said, I do think the older woman, younger man relationships, do have a lot of challenges, though.

What do you think?[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPFTUBhRrNQ

Old 12-02-2010, 10:14 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,811,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthere View Post

That being said, I do think the older woman, younger man relationships, do have a lot of challenges, though.

What do you think?

I say "You go, Grandma!"

Old 12-02-2010, 11:22 AM

20,699 posts, read 19,340,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthere View Post
[

What do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPFTUBhRrNQ [/quote]

"Lean meat with a crusty top"...That's just brutal...

Old 12-02-2010, 01:09 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,833,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabear2 View Post
I really hate to get mixed up in a numbers game but... we are more than just our ages and sometimes the older/younger generation can be more than you expect. I am of the opinion that you shouldn't underestimate people whether they are older/younger. Sometimes the people we exclude turn out to be the best of us all.
true that. never underestimate people

Old 12-03-2010, 07:45 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,078,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You never know. I see so many stuck-up and full of "rules" young girls... it's sad really...
So true, and many young girls have baggage as well. I don't know why people think only older women are the ones who may.

Old 12-04-2010, 05:22 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,374,699 times
This topic had been discussed so many times on this forum and of course I always have the same response. Majority of men will always love much younger women, no matter what age they are.

Sometimes I think that if a man in his mid-forties pursues a woman in her early twenties, he really needs to think of what this woman ultimately will want. The fact is most (not all) women want to have children and build a family.

In a movie "It's complicated", Baldwin's character Jake is having an affair with his ex-wife Jane and cheating on his much younger and hotter wife. He calls himself a "walking cliche", because he is older but has a young Kindergarten age child and that he fell after a woman 2 decades younger than him.
Truth of the matter is, when you are in the forties and your male friends are sending off the kids to college and gain their freedom, you will be stuck with changing the diapers. For a man who never had children, perhaps it's fantastic, but for a man who already had "been there, done that", it would be a real drag.

For me, 10 years difference was ideal. Anything that's close to 20 years always seemed too much. I simply wouldn't want to be 40 year old woman in my sexual prime and dealing with the sexual problems that a 60 year old man may face. Call me selfish, but even strictly from the physical standpoint, he wouldn't be able to perform as fast or throw me around as hard as I'd like.

Old 12-04-2010, 06:14 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,995,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2021 View Post
Older women:
1. They are past their prime so not every guy wants to go after them. They can't be so picky.
2. They usually want the same thing the guy wants (sex). This is because as a woman ages her estrogen levels decline and testosterone becomes more present. Testosterone is linked to sex drive.
3. More experience in bed and they usually know exactly what they want.

Young women
1. They are in their prime so many guys want to be with them. They develop an arrogance of their looks as a result. They are rather picky depending on their looks.
2. Always playing games.
3. Usually if they have the upper hand, they'll use sex as a manipulation tool. Older women do it less so.

What I recommend is that guys date older women until they get more confident around women and that is when they can start going to younger college aged women.
Let me see if I got this right.... Use/play games with someone else so you can hopefully learn to___please fill in the blank___ arrogant, picky, manipulating, game playing people who use sex as a weapon? What was the allure again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships