Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about married couples sleeping separately?
No, when you're married you should sleep in the same bed. 17 9.55%
I already sleep in another bedroom from my spouse, but our marriage is good. 49 27.53%
I've wanted to sleep in another room as my spouse snores, but I don't want to hurt his/her feelings. 17 9.55%
If I could, I would, but our house doesn't have that option. 12 6.74%
I love sleeping with my spouse and wouldn't have it any other way. 83 46.63%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 11:30 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,589,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlekitten View Post
Momark left the poll running indefinately. Call me a sap, but I got all sentimental that something he started is still going. He didn't put an expiration date on his poll.

I didn't put an expiration date on my christmas tree poll either. I wonder if I'll outlive it.

And for the topic's sake, nothing feels better than curling up with your significant other in the same bed and going to sleep. I voted to share the same bed.
Good thread. Miss Momark.

As for this topic- I agree- whats the point of staying married if you are always sleeping apart? once in awhile/or snoring problems- yes, but IMO there are other issues as well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2007, 12:50 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,380,171 times
I'd like to sleep in another room simply because I snore. I know this is a great problem for my wife.

Old 10-02-2008, 05:51 PM

1 posts, read 2,617 times
Smile Maybe I'm still in the honeymoon era, but...

I thoroughly enjoy sleeping with my guy. He snores, has that occasional twitch in his leg right before sleep, and he flops now and then. But honestly, none of that bothers me. I am a stiff sleeper, and so is he, and so we have it a lot easier than some of you. And I feel badly for those that simply cannot do it. No judgment from these parts, but you're missing out on a lot.

One of our favorite things to do is fall asleep together. We'll be all curled up, holding each other late at night or on those lazy Sundays and doze off together. It's sweet. Frankly, I find him to be an adorable sleeper. He'll smile in his sleep if I kiss his face, and mumble he loves me in his sleep and put his arm around me even! And waking up to each other is a beautiful thing in loving relationships. It's a flattering thing to have a man by your side all night long to protect you and keep you warm or a woman that doesn't care about your manly flaws and will stay with you anyway.

Sharing a bed together in my opinion is one of the most beautiful parts of marriage. I guess it just represents commitment and passion to me. Not to say those of you who don't share a bed aren't passionate or committed and don't love your spouse. But in my case, I am deeply in love and wouldn't ever want to wake up and not have that lump in the covers beside me. He's my best friend.

Old 10-02-2008, 07:13 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,147,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwrangler63 View Post
Sharing a bed together in my opinion is one of the most beautiful parts of marriage. I guess it just represents commitment and passion to me. Not to say those of you who don't share a bed aren't passionate or committed and don't love your spouse. But in my case, I am deeply in love and wouldn't ever want to wake up and not have that lump in the covers beside me. He's my best friend.
Ideally, I'd agree with you, but I need sleep, too. I can't sleep with a heavy snorer. The one time this happened we slept in different rooms.

Old 10-03-2008, 01:58 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,647,809 times
Default I snore.

if she wants to get any sleep, she should probably be in another room.

Old 10-03-2008, 03:02 PM

3,047 posts, read 9,031,839 times
i love sleeping next to my girlfriend and wouldn't have it any other way. nothing is better than sharing her body with mine. when we both lie on our sides and face the same direction where i am behind her...wow, great sleep. plus it makes the mornings more fun. maybe it would get old after years but i wouldn't have it any other way.

Old 10-03-2008, 03:03 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,251,178 times
Oh wow, I got goosebumps seeing MoMark's name "reappear" on a thread.

Old 10-03-2008, 06:21 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,055,357 times
I like sleeping in the same bed as my DH. Only thing is he likes having the TV on to fall asleep. I sometimes can't sleep with it on. He also snores and that keeps me up.

Old 10-03-2008, 08:09 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,530,712 times
It would be a problem for us. The only time we slept separate was when our marriage was really in trouble. He was drinking and, I swear, snores more when he drinks (though the alcohol expert who evaluated him told me there is nothing to support that). I couldn't sleep with the snoring. For some reason I'm more tolerant of it now but he does snore less now that he's not drinking.

But I do sleep on the couch if I eat brocolli....

Old 10-03-2008, 09:02 PM

391 posts, read 872,588 times
I have a friend who has been married 29 years. They have seperate rooms. Their marriage is not good. they have not been intimate for about 13 years. He snores too much for her. This is my friend of 43 years who I refer to as Eeorye because she so pessimisstic. I keep in contact because I am her only friend and we grew up together. I need breaks from her though cause she can bring me down.

I have another friend married almost 30 years. They have not been sexual for about 25 (His problem) but are so close in every other way no one would ever know. They would not sleep apart ever. She is used to the no sex and is now retired so could care less. They are the best of friends however and have a great relationship otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships