Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about married couples sleeping separately?
No, when you're married you should sleep in the same bed. 17 9.55%
I already sleep in another bedroom from my spouse, but our marriage is good. 49 27.53%
I've wanted to sleep in another room as my spouse snores, but I don't want to hurt his/her feelings. 17 9.55%
If I could, I would, but our house doesn't have that option. 12 6.74%
I love sleeping with my spouse and wouldn't have it any other way. 83 46.63%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 10:25 PM

1,590 posts, read 4,562,220 times

Advertisements

How do people go through life with so little sex?

they must be out buying it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 11:17 PM

8,875 posts, read 13,844,415 times
I have to agree with the previous poster with the spouse working overnights. My DW works at night and I'm on my own in bed five nights a week. Those two nights when she's home are a challenge in the bedroom. She's hot and I'm cold. She likes quiet and I sleep with the TV on. And so on...

Old 10-04-2008, 05:02 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,520,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S6Sputnik View Post
How do people go through life with so little sex?

they must be out buying it!
"Sleeping" and "having sex" are two entirely different things!

Old 10-04-2008, 02:06 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,663,067 times
hmmmm, I thought i replied to this thread... but, my grandfather has horrible snoring problems. He also has bed problems due to his cancer, stone, ect. I think separate bedroom's keep their sanity.

They've been together for 50 or more years and currently in their early 80's. I'm imaging sex isn't as important as having someone there for you in your last few years.

Old 05-10-2010, 02:49 PM

3 posts, read 5,408 times
I'm an American woman and I can't sleep in the same bed with anyone.

In fact, dating was always difficult because I would leave at night and the man would assume I didn't want a real relationship. Well, that wasn't it at all, I just can't sleep. I like being at home in my own surroundings and waking up at my leisure.

Now, I am married and my husband snores god-awful. I am a light sleeper, but even if the snoring wasn't an issue, I'd still want my own space to sleep in. I am just more relaxed when in a dark room alone! Really, it's not that big of a deal and I am not sure why people make out like it is.

Old 05-10-2010, 02:50 PM

3 posts, read 5,408 times
Oh and sex is not a problem just cause we sleep in separate bedrooms! Come on, people!!

Old 05-10-2010, 04:28 PM

3 posts, read 5,749 times
My wife is a sleeping junkie. She requires 10x more sleep than I do. She also works about 60 hours a week. We've been sleeping in separate beds since we got married. When we travel, we get a king size and its ok. But on a school nite, the ONLY way she would agree to sleep in the same bed is if I agreed to go to bed super early, which I am not capable of. I don't think it has affected our marriage either way. I think 2 masters are going to be the norm in the future.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:00 PM

24,834 posts, read 37,211,822 times
We have two big dogs. Even with a big bed it was difficult.

Hubby told me it was him or the dogs.

We still miss him at times but, enjoy the extra room.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:34 PM

367 posts, read 413,962 times
I would LOVE to have a separate bedroom. We have enough bedrooms, but I've never asked that we sleep separately. But my husband is a painfully light sleeper, and we go to bed at different times (he, earlier than I). Also, when my husband is out of town or for some reason I have the room to myself, I love being able to get in the bed when I want to, watch tv and watch what I want, and then hit snooze as many times as I want in the morning.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:43 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,949,277 times
I could definitely do with some extra space when I'm in bed with my SO cause he's a major bed-hog, but I just keep telling myself he takes over my side of the bed because he wants to be that close to me. However, if he ever decided he wanted to sleep in a separate bedroom, he better move in to that room because he's not coming back to my bed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships