U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 01-26-2009, 08:14 PM

12,980 posts, read 17,055,566 times
Blazer, I dont know much about how a woman's body changes with age, and actually the oldest woman I ever had sex with was 37 years old, but I do know from some research something that could help you.

My passion is eastern thought and philosophy and remember there being several schools of Taoist thought dating back a couple thousand years who specialized in this very thing. What they basically found discovered is not to stress importance of orgasms (especially for the male) and says that physical and mental well being revolves around the aspect in harmony of Yin and Yang = Yin/female and Yang/male. They say that females (and males) who chase the orgasm part never truly achieve the desired mental/physical/spiritual goals of what they called the "Tao of Love". They also stress that the most important part is the "union" between male and female that will help with both parties Mental health - which is what youre looking for.

There are several good books on this that you can find in the Eastern Thought and Eastern Philosophy sections in your local library or bookstore. Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 01-26-2009, 08:15 PM

3,584 posts, read 6,200,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I would think organisms can give a glow at any age. It's another matter you can catch those rascals without anybody's help. It's the closeness and intimacy, not the technicalities, that contribute to good emotional health IMO.
OK, so the "closeness & intimacy" can add to one's emotional health? What about pysical health as well?

Unread 01-26-2009, 08:16 PM

12,980 posts, read 17,055,566 times
I could elaborate but would go on longer than the "curvy woman" thread.

Unread 01-26-2009, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Blazer, I dont know much about how a woman's body changes with age, and actually the oldest woman I ever had sex with was 37 years old, but I do know from some research something that could help you.

My passion is eastern thought and philosophy and remember there being several schools of Taoist thought dating back a couple thousand years who specialized in this very thing. What they basically found discovered is not to stress importance of orgasms (especially for the male) and says that physical and mental well being revolves around the aspect in harmony of Yin and Yang = Yin/female and Yang/male. They say that females (and males) who chase the orgasm part never truly achieve the desired mental/physical/spiritual goals of what they called the "Tao of Love". They also stress that the most important part is the "union" between male and female that will help with both parties Mental health - which is what youre looking for.

There are several good books on this that you can find in the Eastern Thought and Eastern Philosophy sections in your local library or bookstore. Hope this helps.

Fascinating thoughts.

Makes good sense, too.

Unread 01-26-2009, 08:19 PM

42,853 posts, read 48,980,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
OK, so the "closeness & intimacy" can add to one's emotional health? What about pysical health as well?
It might help physical health as well. Many diseases ARE psychosomatic. I firmly believe stress causes most of our pains, aches, and even more serious diseases.

You can tell if people are loved by the way they look and act!

Unread 01-26-2009, 08:21 PM

5,555 posts, read 3,782,822 times
Quote:
OK, let me put it this way...

If a woman is in her late 40's to late 60's and eats well, excercises, keeps her intellect stimulated, is involved with some sort of spiritual thing... would having regular sex & orgasims add anything at all to her health (physical, emotional, spiritual)? Or, is it a complete nuetral thing?
Don't think it would add to her health. Many people are healthy using all of the above and don't necessarily have sex.

Unread 01-26-2009, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
It might help physical health as well. Many diseases ARE psychosomatic. I firmly believe stress causes most of our pains, aches, and even more serious diseases.

You can tell if people are loved by the way they look and act!

OK, I think I'm getting the answer I was curious about.

My Blazer game is about to start, so thanks to all!

Unread 01-26-2009, 08:26 PM

16,883 posts, read 14,733,632 times
Quote:
OK, let me put it this way...

If a woman is in her late 40's to late 60's and eats well, excercises, keeps her intellect stimulated, is involved with some sort of spiritual thing... would having regular sex & orgasims add anything at all to her health (physical, emotional, spiritual)? Or, is it a complete nuetral thing?
I don't think it adds anything to anyone's physical health - I don't see how it can. Perhaps emotional health, maybe that one might get a boost. When I'm not in a relationship, I take care of my own needs...and I expect most women would, just as a man would. So again, I don't see that "regular sex and orgasms" are all you think it might be, relative to someone's health. Just my opinion though.

Unread 01-26-2009, 08:27 PM

6,341 posts, read 7,426,762 times
Studies have regularly shown that those with more active sex lives are healthier; now that could probably be turned around to simply state that healthy people have sex more often than unhealthy people, which would certainly make sense. Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Menopause is a time of hormonal turmoil. Some women experience lower libidos, some higher, and some stay about the same. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Mrs. Newk falls into the second category.

Unread 01-26-2009, 08:29 PM

5,612 posts, read 8,750,487 times
Quote:
OK, so the "closeness & intimacy" can add to one's emotional health? What about physical health as well?
For most women "closeness & intimacy" are far more important than the physical act of sex itself. Staying physically healthy will keep a person able to engage in sexual activity later in their life cycle. Any woman who wants to stay sexually active longer should keep careful watch of her bone density. Brittle bones and sex are not a good combination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships