Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 06:51 PM

989 posts, read 3,525,950 times

Advertisements

I don't know why I am wondering this but here goes...

There are a lot of ladies out there who make their living selling sexual favors. There must be even more ladies out there who are retired from this line of work (too old, wanted out, changed career, got married, health reasons, etc. etc.).
Given the logical stigma that goes with being a hooker, these ladies would be wise to keep it a secret from their friends and family-- but do you think many of them tell their husbands??? Seriously, there must be TONS of men out there married to women who have seen more sausage than a german butcher.

What say you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2009, 06:54 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,856,278 times
It would be pretty hard for a guy not to know his wife was once a hooker. Just her physical appearance would send out signals.

Old 01-27-2009, 06:57 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
I'd say this type of secrets ALWAYS surface. IMO it'd be a lot better and more practical to fess up to the guy before marriage. Why put yourself through a divorce...

Old 01-27-2009, 07:18 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,854,584 times
Default Define Hooker

Philosopher to socialite: "Would you have sex with me for a million dollars?"

"Why yes" she coos.

"How about $10?" was has next question.

"Do you take me for a w***e?" she replies angrily.

"I've already established that. Now I'm trying to establish a price."

Women sleep with men for a lot of reasons and a lot of forms of remuneration. To hold this against them is somewhat hypocritical.

However, the street hooker may have AIDS, Hep C and an addiction problem. Her "experience" is probably the least of her potential drawbacks.

Old 01-27-2009, 07:19 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,425,022 times
Everyone has skeletons in their closet. Just be upfront and honest. Yes alot easier said than done. But its far better he finds out upfront than later on, its inevitable he will find it out eventually.

Old 01-27-2009, 07:25 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,542,099 times
Let's face it, when she knows 164 sexual positions and she's 19 I think the cat's out of the bag.

Old 01-27-2009, 07:34 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,231,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
Let's face it, when she knows 164 sexual positions and she's 19 I think the cat's out of the bag.

164? My wife got a book with 101 or something like that. We were willing participants but not able ones. Let me just say, WHEW!

I'd be inclined to think that most former ladies of the night would mention it before marriage. I'd bet they'd whittle down their success with it or the length of time engaged in the business, but to not mention it would be holding back quite a secret. I've told my wife and my late wife that I didn't care if they were hookers before we met, nothing needed to be held back or talked about. (Neither admitted to being hookers or lawyers.) But if I found out from another source after the wedding, I think I'd be a little ticked that I hadn't been told.

Last edited by WyoNewk; 01-27-2009 at 07:50 PM..

Old 01-27-2009, 07:36 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
164? My wife got a book with 101 or something like that. We were willing participants but not able ones. Let me just say, WHEW!
Yeah, really... I've no need to hang from the ceiling, either.

Old 01-27-2009, 07:50 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,229,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AQHA View Post
I don't know why I am wondering this but here goes...

There are a lot of ladies out there who make their living selling sexual favors. There must be even more ladies out there who are retired from this line of work (too old, wanted out, changed career, got married, health reasons, etc. etc.).
Given the logical stigma that goes with being a hooker, these ladies would be wise to keep it a secret from their friends and family-- but do you think many of them tell their husbands??? Seriously, there must be TONS of men out there married to women who have seen more sausage than a german butcher.

What say you?
Dont' forget there's also guys selling themselves too. There must also be a ton of men who haven't confessed up to the women they've done. Why should it be any different what women tell their husbands than what men tell? I think it all depends on how open you want to be and how much you want to just blank out. I mean, we all make mistakes that we wish to forget. There's some things in a person's past that they may regret having done and want to forget about it. Some feel a confession washes it away, so why bring it up?

Old 01-27-2009, 07:54 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,425,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
Dont' forget there's also guys selling themselves too. There must also be a ton of men who haven't confessed up to the women they've done. Why should it be any different what women tell their husbands than what men tell? I think it all depends on how open you want to be and how much you want to just blank out. I mean, we all make mistakes that we wish to forget. There's some things in a person's past that they may regret having done and want to forget about it. Some feel a confession washes it away, so why bring it up?
Because its likely to go down like a ton of bricks when the partner finds out. We aren't talking about a casual relationship here or a fling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships